CBD Gummies for Children
CBD gummies for kids are a blessing in disguise for parents with fussy kids who refuse to even touch health supplements or vitamins placed in front of them. Parents whose kids suffer from ADHD symptoms, anxiety, and other mental health issues swear by CBD. After all, no parent would want to see their kid suffer and struggle at home and at school. Yes, pharmaceutical drugs do exist to tackle such health issues in children, but they are not free of side-effects.
If you are a parent and hoping to explore alternative options for symptom management, you might want to consider CBD. Here, we have provided you with all the information regarding CBD gummies that you need before giving them to your kids.
What are CBD Gummies for Kids?
CBD gummies for children are special gummies and have their own gummy bear juice, which is CBD oil. These gummies won’t make your child super-fast or strong, but it can make them more confident and help them to relax.
Also, CBD gummies are made in a similar way as regular gummy bears. Typically, they are made from gelatin, but some manufactures might use gum Arabic. Flavors, sweeteners, colors, and citric acid is mixed with the gelatin to make the gummies tasty. Finally, CBD oil is added to the mix.
Marijuana gummies are one of the best forms of CBD for kids, especially because children already love gummy bears since they’re delicious.
The Reasons for Choosing
- Kids love gummy bears and they’re available in so many different flavors. You’ll get your child to eat a gummy so much faster than swallowing a few drops of CBD oil.
- Gummies can be easily carried around.
- There’s a set dose of CBD in each gummy.
You can take a look at our reviews of the top 10 list of the best CBD gummies for kids to decide which one is right for your kid.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
- Ingredients used for making the gummy – Check the label properly to ascertain that the gummies are not packed with sugar and other undesirable elements. Insist on CBD gummies that are made from all-nature ingredients, without any preservatives or artificial sweeteners.
- CBD concentration – The dosage of CBD in each gummy is a crucial consideration when purchasing CBD gummies for kids. Consider the tolerance level, weight, and severity of the child’s condition. We recommend that you start with lower concentrations of CBD per serving like 10 or 30 mg. You can gradually increase the concentration according to your child’s reaction.
- Sourcing method – CBD is either derived from hemp or marijuana. Hemp-derived CBD tends to be free of the psychoactive THC and it is best for your child.
Our reviews will give you all the information regarding the method of sourcing, CBD concentration, and ingredients of the gummies so that you can make an informed choice.
Will CBD Gummies Make Children High?
Most parents ask this question before deciding to give their kids CBD gummies and the answer is no. These gummies will not make your child high. But, you have to make sure to read the label and choose a product that has a THC content of 0.3% or less.
THC is the primary psychoactive constituent of the marijuana plant. So, go through our list of the best tasting CBD gummies for kids to make your choice. We have reviewed the ones that are safe for children.
When Should You Consider Giving These Gummies to Your Kids?
Not all kids benefit from CBD. But, there are few children whose quality of life can be dramatically improved with the use of CBD. The most common reasons to give CBD-infused gummies to your kids are:
- As a natural alternative to pain management;
- To prevent or alleviate nausea;
- To get rid of anxiety in autistic or anxious children;
- To manage autoimmune disease and inflammation;
- To help children sleep the entire night;
- To get rid of the symptoms of certain kinds of epileptic conditions.
What are the Benefits of CBD Gummies for Kids?
Here, learn about the health benefits of CBD for common symptoms or health problems experienced by children.
- CBD gummies for ADHD – Hyperactivity, inattention, or impulsivity are some of the symptoms of ADHD, which present before the age of 12. Even though research is still underway, initial results suggest that CBD helps children with ADHD. Cannabidiol gummies for kids with ADHD help children relax, sleep more soundly, and fall asleep quicker.
- CBD gummies for kids with insomnia – Insomnia is one of the most common reasons why parents give CBD gummies to their kids. Overstimulation is a primary reason why some children have trouble shutting off and their brains remain active for hours in bed. This might be because they spend a lot of time watching TV or playing games on the computer. Kids who have trouble sleeping often become irritable and experience severe mood swings. CBD gummies are an excellent supplement for helping children fall asleep.
- CBD gummies for kids with anxiety – Kids experience anxiety and it might be from pressure at school or home, nutritional deficiencies, or trouble making friends. It is quite normal and most kids manage to overcome it without the need for pharmaceutical medications. However, some kids struggle with anxiety, and these gummies can be used to address their issues. CBD works by enhancing the activity of the neurotransmitters found in the brain. These neurotransmitters are tasked with the responsibility of decreasing hyperactivity, and therefore, helps the brain to relax. Check out our reviews for the top 10 best CBD gummies for kids with anxiety.
- CBD gummies for kids with epilepsy – CBD’s ability to treat epilepsy is one of the reasons why this compound became so popular. CBD gummies can help both children and adults manage epilepsy and lead a normal life.
- CBD gummies for kids with autism – Autism is increasingly becoming a common diagnosis and there’s no cure for it. Even though there are medications available for autism, but they’re unreliable and come with adverse side-effects. CBD gummies may not cure autism, but it can help manage the symptoms, especially seizures, anxiety, and mood swings.
- CBD gummies for children with asthma – Asthma is caused due to the swelling and inflammation of the airways. Asthma attacks can range from mild to severe, and some of them can even be life-threatening. There are medications to treat asthma, but if your child has built a tolerance for them, they’re going to be ineffective. Since CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory compound, it helps to prevent asthmatic attacks. Also, CBD gummies are a natural way to deal with asthma.
- CBD gummies for kids with motion sickness and nausea – Motion sickness and nausea are experienced by most children. There can be myriad reasons that cause such reactions. As CBD interacts closely with the endocannabinoid system in the body, it presents its breakdown and alleviates nausea and motion sickness.
- CBD gummies for children with skin conditions – Rashes, sunburns, bug bites, ingrown hairs, eczema, and flaky skin are some of the skin conditions that your child might be suffering from. CBD gummies can help address the underlying reasons for these skin disorders and offer relief. Even topical CBD products are available for such conditions. However, consult with your healthcare provider before using CBD-infused topical products on your child.
So, these are a few benefits of using CBD hemp gummies for kids. CBD can help your child sleep, be calmer, and get relief. Also, this is a natural alternative and it doesn’t come with side-effects. If you want more information regarding good CBD gummies for kids, you can take a look at our list of the best CBD gummies that you can give to your kid.
CBD gummies are the safest way of introducing cannabidiol to your kids. Gummies already come with a pre-meditated dosage and you don’t need to measure it yourself. However, there are no standard CBD gummies for kids dosage. Due to their smaller size, children may require lower doses. But, the dosage actually depends on a number of factors like weight, height, metabolism, and the purpose of taking the gummies.
The recommended dosage is going to vary according to the condition that your child is suffering from, along with his or her tolerance levels. The tolerance level of your child is an important factor to take into consideration as that varies widely. So, it is going to be a bit of a trial and error process to find the correct dosage for your child.
The best solution would be to start small and slowly work your way up. If the small dosage is not helping your child, you can keep increasing the dosage until you’ve achieved the desired result. Also, do not forget to speak to your kid’s pediatrician about giving your child CBD gummies, especially if your kid is already taking other supplements or medications.
To conclude, CBD gummies are safe for all and your child can greatly benefit from them. But, seek professional advice before starting this journey.
- Hausman-Kedem, Moran, Shay Menascu, and Uri Kramer. "Efficacy of CBD-enriched medical cannabis for treatment of refractory epilepsy in children and adolescents–An observational, longitudinal study." Brain and Development 40.7 (2018): 544-551.
- Park, Yong D., et al. "Long-term efficacy and safety of cannabidiol (CBD) in children with treatment-resistant epilepsy: Results from a state-based expanded access program." Epilepsy & Behavior 112 (2020): 107474.
- Berger, Katherine. "ABCs and CBD: Why Children with Treatment-Resistant Conditions Should Be Able to Take Physician-Recommended Medical Marijuana at School." Ohio St. LJ 80 (2019): 309.
- Wong, M., et al. "A dose ranging safety and pharmacokinetic study of cannabidiol (CBD) in children with Dravet syndrome (GWPCARE1)." American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting. 2016.
- Huntsman, Richard J., et al. "Dosage related efficacy and tolerability of cannabidiol in children with treatment-resistant epileptic encephalopathy: preliminary results of the CARE-E study." Frontiers in neurology 10 (2019): 716.
- Tzadok, Michal, et al. "CBD-enriched medical cannabis for intractable pediatric epilepsy: the current Israeli experience." Seizure 35 (2016): 41-44.
Tags: best thc free cbd oil, pet relief cbd oil, cbd oil full spectrum, cbd oil for lyme disease, best organic cbd oil for dogs, cbd nasal spray for sinus, best cbd edibles, cbd infused jelly beans, best cbd oil for horses, top rated cbd products