CBD Oil for Menopause
Although menopause is a completely natural part of aging for females, it can be accompanied by some unpleasant symptoms. They may start to occur several years before a woman’s last period and continue, in some cases, for over a decade. Some women are fortunate enough not to have severe symptoms, and they can simply enjoy the fact that they no longer need to deal with periods or worry about birth control. Others may find that their symptoms interfere with every aspect of their lives.
The cause cannot be “cured”, as it is not a disease or disorder, but the symptoms can be treated. One increasingly popular option for this treatment is CBD. You can find some products that may help with your menopause symptoms in our top 10 list!
10 Best CBD Oil for Menopause in 2023
Concentration: 1 full dropper (1 ml) provide 33.3mg (30 servings)
Size: 1000 mg
Flavor: Natural, Peppermint
ingredients: Cocos Nicifera MCT, hemp Extract, Mentha Piperita, Natural Flavors, Organic Vanilla Extract, Organic Stevia Leaf, Purified Water
Size: 500 mg
Indredients: Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, 100% Organic Orange Essential Oil Flavor, Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 80
Concentration: 1 capsule = 25mg of CBD
Count: 30 soft gel capsules per bottle
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD Rich Hemp Oil, Gelatin
Flavor: Mint, Lemon, Unflavored
Lemon: American made CBD (aerial parts), MCT Oil, Lemon Flavored Oils, Contains
Unflavored: American made CBD (aerial parts), MCT Oil, Contains
Concentration: 25mg American made CBD per capsule
Count: 30 capsules per bottle
Size: 750 mg
Ingredients: American made Cannabidiol (CBD) from hemp extract (aerial parts), Polysorbate Emulsifiers, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Beta-Caryophyllene, Bovine-Derived Gelatin, Glycerin, Sorbitol and Water, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Blue 2, Red 40. Contains
Size: 750 mg
Flavor: Dark Chocolate Mint, Lemon Ginger
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil As A Carrier – Shown By Studies To Be The Best Oil For Keeping Cannabinoids Fresh And Ready To Work.
Caprylic/capric Triglyceride: Derived From Coconut Oil And Added To Make Our Oils The Ideal Consistency
Monk Fruit: A Natural Sweetener Also Known As The ‘buddha Fruit’ In Traditional Chinese Medicine. According To The International Food Information Council Foundation, The Health Authorities Of The United States, Canada, China, And Japan Concluded That Monk Fruit Sweeteners Are Safe For The General Population, Including Children, People With Diabetes, And Women Who Are Pregnant Or Nursing.
Size: 30 mg, 60 mg
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vegeterian Softgel (Modified Corn Starch, Glycerin, Carrageenan, Sorbitol, & Purified Water), Chlorophylin.
Weight: 2 oz
Ingredients: Mct Oil, Gelatin, Glycerin 99.7%, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract, Purified Water.
Sizw: 2000 mg
Weight: 3 Oz
Ingredients: Full Spectrum Hemp Extract, MCT Oil, Vitamin E
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 15ml
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Route of Delivery: Sublingual
View all CBD Oil for Menopause
What exactly is menopause?
Technically, menopause is the point in time that is one year after a woman’s last period, but many people refer to the several-year-long transition to this point as “menopause”, so we will do the same for the sake of simplicity. During this transition, a woman’s cycles become irregular and the levels of hormones in her body change.
One of these changes, the decrease in estrogen, is thought to be responsible for most of the symptoms a woman may experience during menopause, such as:
- Hot flashes;
- Mood changes;
- Mental health issues;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Bone density changes;
- Hair growth;
- Vaginal atrophy.
Although CBD oil is not a magical cure-all, it can help to reduce or eliminate a surprising number of these symptoms.
CBD and Sleep
In studies, most participants of all demographics who had trouble sleeping found that CBD helped them fall asleep and stay asleep longer. Although low doses helped to ease anxiety and promote relaxation, the actual benefit to participants’ sleep began at doses higher than 150mg.
Even higher doses of CBD, above 300mg, were found to decrease participants’ levels of cortisol, a hormone associated with stress and, at night, difficulty staying asleep. This seems to confirm the idea that CBD has a mild sedative effect, even at lower doses.
Women going through menopause may have disturbed sleep for a variety of reasons, including:
- Hot flashes;
- Other mood or mental health issues.
Since CBD helps many sleep longer and better, it may improve the quality and length of sleep for women experiencing these symptoms during menopause. If you are struggling with sleep disturbances, talk with your doctor and see if CBD could be part of an effective treatment program for you.
We don’t fully understand how or why yet, but CBD seems to have a very positive effect on bone health. Studies in animals indicate that CBD promotes collagen production and bone mineralization, making the bones stronger and healthier.
These studies show that CBD reduces the rate of bone density loss, and it even prevents injuries and promotes the healing of fractures!
Many women lose bone density during menopause, and osteoporosis is quite common in women who have already gone through menopause. It is possible that CBD may slow this bone density loss and put you at a lower risk of developing osteoporosis. However, since this effect is not well studied or understood in humans, it is important to discuss this preventative or treatment option with your doctor, especially if you have already begun to lose bone density.
CBD and Mood
Despite not causing the significant “high” that THC does, CBD can still have a positive effect on mood. Studies in animals have proven CBD to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression, and many humans claim to have experienced the same.
CBD interacts with serotonin receptors in the brain in the same way that some man-made anxiety drugs do. This is thought to be related to its ability to fight anxiety and depression.
Because estrogen affects neurotransmitter activity, the sharp decrease in estrogen that occurs with menopause can cause severe mood changes. It is extremely common for menopausal women to experience anxiety or depression at some point during the transition.
If this applies to you, then CBD may be able to help, but be sure to speak with a mental health professional if you are fighting depression or severe anxiety.
How to Use
While there are many CBD products on the market, there are a few that are likely to be most helpful with the symptoms of menopause. In particular, since the symptoms of menopause are typically constant, rather than situational, the best CBD oil products will be those that can be used regularly and have long-term effects.
- CBD Oil Drops - One of the simplest ways to use CBD oil is to put it directly under the tongue. Typically, a few drops are taken once or twice daily, depending on the concentration of the oil. Everyone is different, and your physician may recommend a different dosage than the general manufacturer recommendation, depending on your body’s response.
- CBD Oil Capsules - The taste of CBD oil is unpleasant for many people, so it is also available to take orally in the form of a capsule. Like many other supplements, this is taken once or twice daily, in the amount recommended by your physician.
Because both of the above methods are oral, they may take slightly longer to have an effect than some other methods, but the effects will last for around twelve hours. This makes them the most convenient options for dealing with menopause symptoms.
More choices available
Side Effects and Possible Risks
There are a few minor things that should be taken into consideration when starting CBD as a treatment for menopause symptoms.
- Fatigue and sedation - There have been reports of CBD taken to ease sleep disturbances causing fatigue and mental sedation throughout the day. It is thought that this mainly occurs at high doses, such as those which cause a noticeable drop in cortisol levels. This is one of the reasons it is so important to use the correct dosage and consult a physician about the use of CBD.
- Inhibition of drug metabolism - Some information suggests that CBD interacts with the metabolism of other drugs in the liver, meaning that it could reduce their effectiveness. Be sure to ask your doctor if CBD could make any medications you're currently taking less effective.
- Reduced libido - Many women experience a decrease in libido during menopause. Since CBD can also reduce libido, you should be careful that you don't make menopause symptoms worse in trying to treat them. Talk to your doctor about these side effects to get help finding a dosage that won't make this problem worse for you.
CBD has not been directly studied as a treatment for menopause in humans, but it is known or thought to improve many of the common symptoms. If you think that CBD oil could help with your menopause symptoms, discuss the treatment with your doctor to ensure that it is done safely and in a way that will be most effective for you.
Choose CBD Oil for Menopause now
- Corsi, Daniel J., Malia SQ Murphy, and Jocelynn Cook. "The Effects of Cannabis on Female Reproductive Health Across the Life Course." Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research (2020).
- Slavin, Melissa N., Stacey Farmer, and Mitch Earleywine. "Expectancy mediated effects of marijuana on menopause symptoms." Addiction Research & Theory 24.4 (2016): 322-329.
- Babson, Kimberly A., James Sottile, and Danielle Morabito. "Cannabis, cannabinoids, and sleep: a review of the literature." Current psychiatry reports 19.4 (2017): 1-12.
- Russo, Ethan B., Geoffrey W. Guy, and Philip J. Robson. "Cannabis, pain, and sleep: lessons from therapeutic clinical trials of Sativex®, a cannabis‐based medicine." Chemistry & biodiversity 4.8 (2007): 1729-1743.
- Kuhathasan, Nirushi, et al. "The use of cannabinoids for sleep: A critical review on clinical trials." Experimental and clinical psychopharmacology 27.4 (2019): 383.
- Blessing, Esther M., et al. "Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders." Neurotherapeutics 12.4 (2015): 825-836.
Tags: best cbd oil on the market, cbd maple syrup, broad spectrum cbd gummies, choosing a cbd oil strength, сan cbd oil cause itching, cbn benefits, cbd for athletes healing, is cbd oil legal in kansas, cbd and diarrhea, side effects of cbd