CBD Shampoos – A Comprehensive Buying Guide
Lifeless. Brittle. Dry. Unmanageable. Does any of those words describe the state of your hair? If so, you’re not alone. A hectic lifestyle, exhausting work schedules, and other daily chores can wreak havoc on your tresses. Typical shampoo and conditioner products available on the market might fix your hair problems, but they leave behind an assortment of harmful, unwanted chemicals.
This is why people are looking for an all-natural, plant-based alternative for hair care, and CBD shampoo seems like the ideal option. CBD shampoos and conditioners are free of sulfate and paraben, which makes them ideal for use by anyone, regardless of hair type. As you might already know, CBD boasts of a wide range of natural benefits, and some of them bode well for naturally repairing damaged, brittle, dry hair. Read to find out everything about CBD shampoos.
What is CBD Shampoo?
It is not a completely new trend to add plant botanicals to shampoo. However, the most effective addition to this hair care staple is hemp extract. These are CBD infused shampoo where CBD oil is added to the shampoo.
CBD is one of the natural compounds in the hemp plant. CBD doesn’t induce any kind of intoxicating effect as THC. CBD oil is rich in amino acids, which serve as a building block for strong hair follicles. The cannabinoids in CBD oil are a fantastic way to enjoy a sense of calm when you’re in the shower. This will help you to scrub away all your stresses for the day.
CBD also helps in locking in moisture and hydrating the strands. They may even protect your hair from split ends and encourage shine.
How is it Made?
CBD shampoo and conditioner are not difficult to make. In the CBD movement, this is one of the fastest-growing sectors. What manufacturers are doing is adding CBD isolate or broad-spectrum hemp extract to the shampoo formula.
Yes, there are a few challenges in making the perfect cannabidiol shampoo. For instance, the hemp extract that has to be added to the shampoo formula is CBD oil. This means that oil has to be added to many water-based ingredients, and these two do not mix. For manufacturers, the difficulties increase as they also have to add other hair care staples like, extra virgin olive oil or argan oil. One has to be very careful when handling such ingredients. If not, the oil will just end up sitting on top of the formula. So, when you pour it on your head, you will first get oil and then a deluge of water-based ingredients.
To fix these problems, manufacturers make use of emulsifying agents as thickeners. Some of the emulsifying agents used are made synthetically. But, some manufacturers use emulsifying agents made of potential allergens like, gluten. So, always make sure to research the ingredients properly before investing in a cannabis shampoo and conditioner. For more clarity, you can go through our reviews of CBD shampoo.
How Does Shampoo with CBD Oil Work?
As already mentioned, cannabidiol is one of the many natural compounds found in the hemp plant. Even though a lot of people associate THC with CBD, the two compounds are different. They don’t even operate in the same manner.
Both CBD and THC impact the endocannabinoid system (ECS) of the body. The ECS is a complicated system of receptors, nerves, and cells that work alongside the brain to encourage homeostasis. Signals about temperature, movement, and position in space typically originate in the ECS. Nerve cells found in the body, hair, and skin transmit information along nerve endings and finally, to the brain. This is where the receptors lie.
When you use CBD oil shampoo, it goes into the skin of the scalp and the hair follicles. It is here that CBD interacts with the skin’s cannabinoid receptors. The receptors are like the doorways and the chemicals acting as messengers are called neurotransmitters and these deliver messages that are accepted by the receptors. Primarily, the messages behave as keys, which bond the receptors and send crucial information for the brain to interpret.
CBD does not bind directly with the receptors in the brain, but THC does. It is believed by experts that CBD modifies the receptors and allows them to accept chemical messages even more readily. This enables neurotransmitters that regulate temperature, mood, and other functions to have a much easier time when communicating with the brain.
So, as you scrub your head using marijuana shampoo and conditioner, you are giving your scalp and the cannabinoid receptors direct access to CBD. This interaction, along with the nutrients present in the shampoo formula allows for a soothing, hydrating, and hair-strengthening shower session. Check our list of top 10 CBD oil shampoo and conditioner to make a purchase right away.
Benefits of Using
- CBD shampoo creates a better pH level for the scalp – As CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and infused in the shampoo, you get to enjoy all the benefits and nutrients that come with it. CBD contains all 20 amino acids, and as you know, these are the building blocks of life. The best CBD shampoo also contains vitamins like, niacin, B12, iron, B6, riboflavin, and thiamine. When all of these are absorbed by your body, it helps to create a better pH level for the scalp. A balanced pH level prevents oily, dry scalps, and also plaque psoriasis. So, you can also use cannabidiol shampoo for psoriasis, and you can read all about it in our reviews.
- Cannabis shampoo promotes hair growth – CBD daily shampoo contains omega-9, omega-6 and omega-3. These are all essential oils, and they help the scalp tissue. Since your scalp determines hair growth, nourishing it will ensure that you grow healthy, long tresses. Along with providing your scalp with the needed nutrients, CBD shampoo also protects the scalp. The result is strong, voluminous hair.
- Shampoo with CBD oil offers color protection – Tyrosine is one of the amino acids found in CBD. This compound is vital for hair pigmentation. So, if you use CBD shampoo, you can maintain your natural hair color for a long time.
- CBD shampoo supports follicle strength – Fatty acids are found in CBD oil, and this helps in the production of protein like, collagen. In health & beauty products, collagen is extremely popular as it helps to revitalize the skin cells and also support their vitality. While regular shampoos might strip the natural collagen of your hair, CBD shampoo helps preserve it. This will give your hair structure and heighten follicle strength.
- Cannabis shampoo hydrates hair – Loss of moisture can severely damage the shafts of your hair. Dry hair often leads to brittle strands, which result in breakage. Shampoo with cannabidiol oil might assist in enhancing the moisture levels and locking in the essential fatty acids. Thanks to this, you can expect to have hair that is soft, supple, and smooth.
- Marijuana shampoo fights dandruff – Nobody would want to suffer from dandruff. This is one of the most common hair problems, and along with being itchy and causing scalp irritation, it is also embarrassing. Dandruff can get everywhere, including your clothes. Also, this is a sign of an unhealthy scalp. Shampoos enriched with CBD and other ingredients like, chamomile helps in fighting dandruff and removing dead skin cells from hair.
- CBD shampoo offers protection against the environment – The world that we live in today is harsh. The pollution levels are ever-increasing, and this isn’t good for the hair. Luckily, CBD daily shampoo and conditioner can coat your hair with essential fatty acids and help build a defensive layer against environmental stress.
For more CBD shampoo benefits, go through our CBD shampoo & conditioner reviews.
How to Use CBD Shampoo?
Using marijuana shampoo and conditioner is no different than other hair care products. You can hop in your bathtub or shower and wet your hair. Then, squeeze out a dime-sized amount of CBD shampoo into the palm of your hand and lather up. Massage for a few minutes to promote blood circulation. Rinse out properly and repeat the same process with the conditioner.
But, if you’re using CBD dry shampoo, there’s no need to wet your hair. You can sprinkle directly into your hair or on your hands first. Apply on the roots of your hair and along the sections near the scalp. You can use your hands or a comb to run through your hair until you don’t see oily hair anymore.
CBD has proven to help with improving hair quality. It can help you maintain your mane for longer and flaunt manageable, shiny, and voluminous tresses. Even though the science is still out on cannabis enriched hair care products, but you’ll find that the products give your hair a lovely sheen, and they smell nice. Also, they’re entirely natural and don’t leave behind chemical residue. Check out our list of top 10 CBD shampoos and conditioners to help with your hair care moving forward.
- Casiraghi, Antonella, et al. "Topical Administration of Cannabidiol: Influence of Vehicle-Related Aspects on Skin Permeation Process." Pharmaceuticals 13.11 (2020): 337.
- Ayenigbara, G. O. "Medical utility of Cannabis sativa." IOSR Journal of pharmacy 2.3 (2012): 460-463.
- Cirimele, Vincent, et al. "Are cannabinoids detected in hair after washing with Cannabio® shampoo?." Journal of analytical toxicology 23.5 (1999): 349-351.
- Naveed, Muhammad, et al. "In vitro antibacterial activity of Cannabis sativa leaf extracts to some selective pathogenicbacterial strains." Int. J. Biosci 4 (2014): 65-70.
- Vincenzi, Colombina, and Antonella Tosti. "Efficacy and Tolerability of a Shampoo Containing Broad-Spectrum Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Scalp Inflammation in Patients with Mild to Moderate Scalp Psoriasis or Seborrheic Dermatitis." Skin appendage disorders 6.6 (2020): 355-361.
Tags: best cbd oil, cbd dosage for multiple sclerosis, cbd for dogs arthritis, which type cbd oil dosage for tourettes, cbd salve benefits, cbd for acne, cbd infused beer, full spectrum cbd oil dosage for dogs, best cbd honey sticks, cbd oil edibles