CBD or Cannabidiol is extracted from cannabis plants. One of the naturally-found chemicals in marijuana plants, it is a type of cannabinoid. CBD Oil is generally derived directly from the hemp plant, sister-plant of the marijuana plant, and often marijuana itself is also used. Out of all the active ingredients of cannabis or marijuana, the cannabinoid is the second most prevalent. Even though it is a part of the marijuana family, CBD does not lead to any ‘high’ effect or cause any form of intoxication. As a matter of fact, Cannabidiol is a highly- known natural remedy, used for medicinal purposes.
6 Best CBD Oils in 2024
Ingredients: Full Spectrum Hemp Oil, MCT Oil, Terpenes
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 30ml or 1fl ounces
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Route of Delivery: Sublingual
THC: < 0.3%
Ingredients: Organic MCT Coconut Oil, Hemp extract, natural flavoring
Size / Volume: 30ml glass Dropper bottle
Serving Size: 15 drops
Servings per container: 30
Total CBD: 20mg
Benefits: Soothe Tension, Energy and Focus, Relaxation, Calm Stress
Ingredients: Organic MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) Oil, Organically Grown Broad-Spectrum Hemp Extract, Terpenes
Ingredients: Hemp (seed) Oil, Cannabidiol Hemp Extract, Peppermint Flavor
View all CBD Oils
CBD Oil Benefits
There were controversies and speculations for CBD oil usage, just like any other product made from cannabis. The dust settled as the awareness increased about the multiple health benefits of CBD oil. There are scientific researches and arguments that explain benefits in a detailed manner. So here is a comprehensive list of CBD oil benefits.
CBD Oil for Anxiety
CBD oil is becoming tremendously popular among individuals dealing with anxiety and overwhelming thoughts. Increasing stress levels lead to anxiety which can seriously affect your daily life. Scientists and researchers believe that CBD affects the way your brain’s receptors respond to serotonin and Adenosine. These chemicals are responsible to regulate the stress and anxiety levels in your body. Receptors are small proteins linked to your cells that receive chemical messages, helping your cells respond to different stimuli.
CBD oil relieves anxiety by severely decreasing physiological effects of anxiety. These effects include an increased heart rate and frequent sweating (especially palms). By reducing stress levels, CBD also helps with the symptoms of panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It also helps in eliminating depression.
Generally, people look forward to pharmaceutical drugs for the treatment of anxiety, undermining the fact that these drugs can have side effects. These side-effects may include agitation, insomnia, drowsiness, sexual dysfunction, headaches and many other problems. CBD oil has shown promising results in the treatment of anxiety and depression without any such repercussions. This natural approach interested numerous individuals living with anxiety and related disorders.
It has been noted scientifically that CBD oil helps in inducing sleep. As the awareness about the CBD oil is growing, individuals are turning to Cannabidiol for better sleep and effective results. According to a recent report, CBD is helping more than 10% of American citizens are dependent on CBD based products to cope with the problem of insomnia.
Some individuals treat this sleep-inducing property of CBD as something addictive. However, this is a myth as the psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis is Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. It is THC that causes a high effect and is often equated with marijuana. CBD leads to no such sensation because it is not psychoactive.
CBD Oil for Pain Relief
CBD oil has great potential to relieve pain. Many scientifically-backed studies have shown that CBD is effective in reducing pain without having side effects. It affects your brain receptors in such a way that you will feel relief after continuous consumption for several weeks. The endocannabinoid system is a human body system responsible for regulating various bodily functions including pain. CBD influences endocannabinoid receptor activity and helps in decreasing chronic pain.
If you are recently introduced to CBD oil, as a caution, you must consult your physician about the consumption per day.
CBD oil has shown remarkably well results to reduce inflammation in a number of cases. The element impacts endocannabinoid receptor activity in the human body, leading to a reduction in inflammation. Multiple individuals who were looking to escape the conventional medications due to side effects reported that CBD oil significantly reduced inflammation caused by sciatic nerve pain. The inflammation may lead to the worsening of neurodegenerative symptoms, which CBD significantly helps in reducing. Although scientists are running several types of research to completely understand the beneficial effects of CBD on neurodegenerative diseases, recent studies have proven CBD successful for neurodegeneration linked with Alzheimer’s disease.
Patients with asthma often feel swelling and inflammation in the breathing passage. CBD oil has turned out to be an effective anti-inflammatory product that reduces the effects of inflammation in the breathing pathways.
CBD Oil for Skin Care
CBD oil has come out as a beneficial compound for acne reduction. Cannabidiol controls the activity in sebaceous glands which are accountable for creating sebum in the body. Sebum is a naturally produced oil-based substance that hydrates the skin but excessive production of sebum can lead to acne.
CBD considerably helps in reducing overall body inflammation, which can also be a contributing factor for acne. Chemical-based products are combined with various adverse effects. CBD oil is an efficient way to counter the acne problems and take good care of skin without having to worry about the side effects. It is always recommended to have a prior discussion with your dermatologist before considering CBD for the treatment of acne. There is research going on to fully comprehend the effectiveness of CBD for skin treatment.
For Seizure Control
In several countries, scientists are presently conducting research on the role of cannabidiol in decreasing epilepsy seizures. CBD oil is specifically beneficial for two forms of epilepsy Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, and Dravet syndrome. Typically, the syndromes appear in childhood and cause debilitating effects, including seizures. These syndromes resist medication and can have severe derogatory effects on the body. The FDA-approved CBD isolate Epidiolex is prescribed by doctors in some cases for the treatment of seizures that are accompanied by these rare forms of epilepsy. Epidiolex is majorly composed of CBD.
Individuals have also tried other forms of CBD oils to treat the seizures caused by epilepsy. According to the evidence that has emerged till yet, significant reduction of seizures is one of the benefits of CBD oil. Although, it is mandatory to consult your doctor before considering CBD for seizures. If the dosages are not planned properly, side effects may adversely affect the patients.
More choices available
CBD Oil for Heart Health
Latest research has linked CBD oil to many benefits for the heart and circulatory system, along with the ability to reduce elevated blood pressure. Individuals suffer a number of health conditions due to high blood pressure. The health risks include stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome.
There have been experiments where small doses of CBD oil led individuals, with high blood pressure otherwise, to experience lower blood pressure. Rising stress levels and hypertension are some of the prime reasons for cardiac risks. CBD oil works as a relaxant and is known for its property to reduce stress and anxiety levels. This also helps in keeping the blood pressure in check, consequently improving heart health. The impactful antioxidant properties of CBD oil also help in reducing the problems related to heart disease. Please consult your doctor before using the CBD oil for high blood pressure.
The United States has reported Arthritis as one of the prime reasons of disability in the country. Approximately, 54.4 million people are affected by the disease. Two most commonly found arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
There is little evidence that indicates that CBD Oil leads to pain relief in Arthritis. Researchers are still conducting studies and experiments to reach any concrete conclusion about whether CBD provides relief to patients of arthritis. Although, there are sources that suggest that CBD oil is a safe option for the treatment of joint pains linked with osteoarthritis. CBD oil has also come across as a potent pain reliever for inflammation and pain connected with arthritis. Sativex, a mixture of both CBD and THC, is found to be effective in relieving pain for multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. While the researches that have emerged lately are in favor of CBD, it is crucial to consult the doctor before considering CBD oil for arthritis. The benefits of CBD oil are ample but they follow with some side effects which result differently in different individuals. It is always safe to take advice from your doctor, especially if you are newly introduced to CBD oil.
CBD Oil for Neuropathy
Neuropathic pain is a pain disorder that affects the nervous system of the body. In America, almost 20 million people struggle with peripheral neuropathy. A neurological disease characterized by peripheral nervous system nerve damage, which is the network of contact between the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) and the rest of the body.
Among many other benefits that CBD oil possesses, pain relief for neuropathy is one. CBD functions by engaging with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a significant role in regulating both health and disease in the human body. CBD helps in strengthening the immune system. Based on its contact with the cannabinoid receptors, CBD also responds in an anti-inflammatory way, relieving pains severely. When CBD enters the endocannabinoid system, it produces positive responses within the peripheral nervous system and central nervous system. It then leads to relief from various types of pain which involves chronic pains such as nerve pain or neuropathic pain.
The compound derived from cannabis, CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. The oil is used for massage, considering its capabilities as a relaxant. There are many benefits of CBD oil massage.
- Massage for Skincare: CBD oil reduces friction on the skin. CBD is considered an effective moisturizer as the compound improves that feeling of roughness or redness in the skin, often caused by inflammation. Hemp is one of the ingredients of CBD oil which works as a good conditioner making the skin soft and supple, leaving you with an afterglow. CBD oil not just helps you feel better and relaxed after the massage, but it shows positive results for people with various skin conditions. Individuals dealing with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin, have benefitted from CBD oil massage. It is recommended to consult your dermatologist, if you have any skin conditions or allergies, before going for a massage.
- Works to Reduce the Tension: CBD oil massage therapy has been proven as a major tension reliever. The claim is backed by scientific studies, taking into account the stress-reducing qualities of CBD oil. Both your body and mind will experience a soothing effect with the massage. CBD oil helps in easing the stress in muscles as it enters the endocannabinoid system through the skin. It specifically releases the tension from shoulder and upper back muscles. Helps in Reducing Chronic Pain: Individuals who suffer from chronic pain have benefitted from CBD oil massage. CBD has come across as a potent pain reliever and regular massage therapy helps in decreasing chronic back pain. For some people, effects start to surface within minutes after the oil massage but it varies for different individuals. Some people may feel improvement after several massage sessions.
- CBD Oil Massage to Alleviate the Anxiety: If you often face overwhelming feelings that are induced by anxiety, CBD oil massage may help you. The cannabis-based compound interacts with Adenosine and Serotonin. The chemicals are accountable for regulating the levels of anxiety and stress in the body. CBD Oil Massage severely helps in relieving anxiety by reducing physiological effects caused by anxiety. Without giving you any ‘high’ sensation, CBD massage can put your muscles to relaxation. While for some the results are instant, some people have also reported that it took a few regular massage sessions to find relief from anxiety. In whichever way it is, CBD seemed to have worked for relieving stress and anxiety. The relaxation effect of the oil massage can last up to two hours.
- CBD Oil Massage to Boost the Mood: If you have high-stress levels and anxiety, your mood will stay dull. CBD oil massage by significantly reducing stress and inflammation works to boost your mood. CBD oil has shown positive results for people dealing with depression. Depression is a major factor that affects the mood in a negative way. CBD oil helps in dealing with depression, reducing the feelings of listlessness and dullness.
- Massage to Stimulate the Senses: CBD oil massage helps to build a connection with your body. Hypertension and stress majorly hamper the mind-body connect which is extremely important. CBD oil massage stimulates our senses by stimulating our skin and muscles.
CBD Oil for Migraine
CBD Oil or cannabidiol has the potential for treating migraine. The formal research is still taking place in further proving the efficiency of CBD Oil for the treatment of migraine. Individuals suffering from migraine pains have reported instances of relief after using CBD oil. It is highly recommended to consult the doctor before starting to use the cannabidiol for migraine treatment.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a chemical compound that can be found in the cannabis plant. It is one of the two compounds with the most health benefits out of the numerous compounds found in cannabis. The other beneficial component, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), produces psychoactive effects that can be described as "high." CBD interacts with the neuroreceptors in the body's endocannabinoid system, and during the process, regulates mood, movement, and the immune system. It also helps to maintain a state of balance. CBD gained popularity because of its numerous health benefits without the accompanying mind-altering "high" feeling produced by its sister compound, THC.
CBD can be found in a wide range of products, from basic oil tinctures to gummies and capsules. CBD oil comprises cannabinol extracted from the cannabis Sativa plant in oil form mixed with an inert provider oil. Some examples of oils that can be used are coconut oil and hemp seed oil for consumption. The type of CBD oil you go for depends primarily on your lifestyle, personal preferences, and the purpose of using the oil. For instance, an athlete would most likely want to stick to Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-free products, which are known as CBD isolates. On the other hand, people who don't mind minute amounts of THC and are looking for a CBD oil that can produce enhanced effects would prefer to go for CBD broad spectrum. Later in this article, we will explore the different types of CBD oils and their benefits.
Choose CBD Oils now
CBD vs THC
Although CBD and THC share similar chemical structures and come from the same plant, they have different psychoactive effects. THC is a significant element of cannabis and the compound responsible for the plant’s addictive properties. It is also known to bind with the receptors in the brain and causes the feeling of highness or euphoria. Unlike THC, CBD exerts biological actions without affecting the brain's cannabinoid receptors and has no adverse mental effects. The extract is made up of whole plants absorbed in plant-based oil. It is available in capsules, soft gels, gummies, and beverages.
How CBD Oil Can Be Used?
Studies and research suggest CBD oil could treat a wide variety of health problems. Below are benefits of CBD oil on various health problems among humans and pets.
- CBD serves as pain relief from various conditions: It is believed that CBD reduces nerve pain by binding to glycine receptors in the brain that are in charge of regulating the speed at which nerve signals pass between nerve cells. Studies also indicate that CBD can be used to treat chronic, non-cancer pain efficiently.
- Relief from anxiety disorders: Minimal doses of CBD have been studied to improve some symptoms of anxiety. CBD may act as an agonist to several receptor sites when used in low doses. This means that it operates similarly to nearby molecules that bind to the receptor, enhancing the sensitivity of the receptor sites. However, at higher doses, too much activity at the receptor site can lead to an opposite effect, eliminating the beneficial effects of CBD.
- Acne Reduction: Acne is a prevalent skin disorder affecting humans. It is caused by genetics, overproduction of sebum, and other factors. According to research, CBD oil may be regarded as an effective and safe strategy to cure acne because of its anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to control the excessive build-up of oil in various glands. Also, CBD can be used to treat acne scars caused by disruptions and skin picking. The ointment can improve the appearance of the skin by optimizing the elasticity and hydration.
- Heart health: CBD oil reduces the risk of heart disease by relieving hypertension (high blood pressure) in people whose conditions are complicated by stress and anxiety. In addition, CBD has been found to reduce the stroke volume (the remaining volume of blood remaining in the heart at the end of each heartbeat), which helps the heart pump more efficiently.
- Seizures: CBD is also used to treat severe forms of epilepsy in children below two years of age. These are Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Both are very rare genetic disorders that are difficult to control with other types of medication. They cause lifelong catastrophic seizures that start in the first year of the life of the children.
- Inhibit Arthritic symptoms: Arthritis is also known as joint inflammation. It describes a chronic condition that causes inflammation in the joints and tissues surrounding the joint, causing different symptoms that worsen with age. These symptoms include pain, reduced range of motion, stiffness, and swelling in or around the joints. Treatments for arthritis usually focus mainly on pain relief and improved function of the joints. CBD-based drugs have been seen to improve the quality of sleep and reduce the pain experienced by patients with arthritis.
- Anxiety in pets: Asides from its beneficial characteristics for humans, CBD oil can also offers many benefits for pets. CBD oil for cats can be used to reduce anxiety among kitties when you move to a new home or when you’re away for a while. The psychoactive effect of the compound also keeps your cat calm during visits to the vet or while you’re traveling.
- CBD for pain treatment in pets: Although there is no official study on the effect of CBD on Dogs, anecdotal reports from various pet owners imply that Dog CBD is effective in the treatment of joint pain, cancer pain and inflammation. In addition, the substance also delivers positive results in combating seizure among pets.
Types of CBD Oil
During the extraction of CBD, various techniques are used to extract and separate the substance from the rest of the plants. The various methods of separation result in different ranges of CBD. The types of CBD can be divided into three and they vary based on compounds and concentration.
- Full-spectrum CBD Oil: The full-spectrum CBD retains all the components of the cannabis plant, in addition to a small amount of THC after extraction. Also, CBD oil contains a small portion of terpenes, flavonoids, and other lesser-known cannabinoids. Some studies suggest that the full-spectrum CBD has a stronger therapeutic effect because it contains small elements of the other cannabinoids.
- CBD Oil Isolate: As implied by the name, CBD isolate is a form of cannabidiol that is isolated. This means that it is the purest form of CBD product. Unlike the full-spectrum CBD above, it doesn’t contain any other cannabinoids or natural compounds of the cannabis plant. It is typically used by people who regularly undergo drug testing and want to avoid the consumption of THC.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil: Broad-spectrum CBD products are in-between CBD isolate and full-spectrum CBD. In other words, broad-spectrum CBD products contain mostly cannabidiol with other cannabis compounds in small quantities. Some of the components usually included are terpenes like limonene, myrcene and pinene, and cannabinol (CBC). The major difference between Broad-spectrum CBD and Full-spectrum CBD is the absence of THC in the former.
CBD Oil Effects
Although CBD is considered safe and the body tolerates well in most instances, it may cause adverse reactions in some people in rare situations. Some of the common side effects of consuming cannabidiol include fatigue, weight and appetite changes, and Diarrhea. In addition, the substance sometimes reacts with other medications leading to interactions that can be harmful to the body. CBD combines with grapefruit to affect the cytochromes P450- these are enzymes responsible for the metabolism of drugs in your body. To prioritize your safety, you can contact your doctor to confirm the compatibility of CDB with your other medications.
There you go! I hope you found this article helpful. It is essential to do your research to know which type of CBD oil would work for you and what you want to achieve. It is also a very good idea to get a prescription from a doctor before using the oil, especially if you are on other medications. Some people experience side effects after taking the CBD products, including fatigue, diarrhea, and changes in appetite or weight. Finally, keep in mind that the Food and Drug Administration does not yet approve non-prescription CBD oils and other products. They may also be labeled inaccurately.
Tags: best cbd oil on the market, effect of cbd and xanax, best cbd oil in north alabama, cbd dog treats for anxiety, cbd oil balm for pain, benefits of cbd and truck drivers, cbd legal in illinois, cbd oil for lyme, why cbd effects may vary, best cbd chocolate