Best CBD Oil for Parkinson's
Parkinson's disease is the second most prevalent neurodegenerative condition across the globe. The disease severely affects the dopamine-producing cells in the brain. Largely, Parkinson's disease affects older people, as the human body’s abilities start to wither away with the age. It can also affect young individuals. While Parkinson's disease itself is not terminal, serious complications can surface for the patients, after the diagnosis. The reason and a complete cure for this disease remain unknown. However, the present state of treatment is inclusive of medication and surgery. Recently, people have found CBD as an effective agent that provides relief and eases the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Let us explore and read ahead how CBD and Parkinson's are linked. Information about effectively using CBD for Parkinson's is also present here.
Symptoms of Parkinson's
The symptoms and manifestations of Parkinson's disease are as complex as the condition itself. The development of the condition is different for each individual. Some of the patients experience a decline in their nervous system function at a faster rate than the others. The symptoms, however, fall into two broad categories- motor symptoms and non-motor symptoms.
- Motor Symptoms: Motor symptoms are directly related to the movement of the different body parts. These symptoms involve tremor, rigidity, slowness of movement, and dystonia or involuntary contraction of muscles. As these symptoms grow severe, the individuals may also come across drooling, stooped posture, movement disorders, dizziness or fainting, facial masking, uncontrollable movements, and instability of posture.
- Non-motor symptoms: Non-motor symptoms have no direct link to body movements, rather these symptoms are largely related to the functioning of the brain. These symptoms comprise loss of memory, loss of attention span, early satiety, sleep disorders, constipation, anxiety, pain, vision problems, loss of taste or smell, hallucinations, fatigue, sweating, and psychotic symptoms.
Please note that in order for the diagnosis to be made for Parkinson's disease, the bradykinesia or slowness of movement must be present along with rigidity or tremor.
CBD for Parkinson's Disease
CBD has lately emerged as a ray of hope for individuals with Parkinson's disease. CBD, which stands for cannabidiol, emerges from cannabis plants. It is a type of cannabinoid, one of the naturally-found chemicals in marijuana plants. CBD is gained directly from the hemp plant, which is a sister-plant of the marijuana plant. The use of CBD is often questioned due to multiple misconceptions and its associations with the marijuana plant family. Individuals often get apprehensive while considering its use to treat different health problems. The important aspect to understand is that it does not cause any ‘high’ effect upon consumption. A majority of states have legalized CBD for medical use. CBD oil and other products have proven helpful for sleep disorders, anxiety, stress, reducing the effects of inflammation, and multiple other problems. However, it has not been a long time that CBD is used in people with Parkinson’s disease. The research is still underway to completely know the benefits of this cannabinoid for Parkinson's. Apart from tremendous other benefits, present research insists that CBD oil can also help ease the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Here is how.
- CBD Oil for Tremors: The most prevalent treatments for Parkinson’s disease can lead to tremors, caused by medication, or uncontrolled muscle movements. There is no guarantee that treatment for the disease can make it better. Quite the contrary, the symptoms may get worse with the medication. CBD may surface here as a silver lining for those who are looking for relief from tremors but without any severe side effects. CBD based products may be able to help ease these muscle movements. However, you must always have a consultation session with your doctor before considering CBD for tremors.
- Can help to improve the Sleep Quality: People with Parkinson’s disease often deal with interrupted sleep or a lack of quality sleep. Some individuals may also experience nightmares, vivid dreams and movement during sleep. CBD can help relieve these sleep disruptions and improve the quality of sleep.
- CBD can help with Pain: As per the scientific developments in the CBD research field, the usage of CBD products can help relieve excessive pain. The therapeutic compound is known for its abilities for relaxing muscles and reducing inflammation. These two factors severely affect individuals with Parkinson’s disease.
- Beneficial for Psychosis: One of the possible complications of Parkinson's disease involves Psychosis. It can lead to hallucinations, delirium, and delusions. This problem is more common for individuals in the later stages of the disease. Individuals who have tried CBD as a possible treatment for psychosis, have found it useful. However, there are other medications available to treat Parkinson's psychosis. CBD, in comparison to those medicines, is considered effective. It can reduce the intensity of symptoms without causing any adverse effects. It is always suggested that you consult your physician before finally using CBD for psychosis.
- CBD for Improved Quality of Life: There are diverse potential advantages of the consumption of CBD. Scientific researches hint that using the natural compound might help enhance the quality of life. This is a matter of great concern among individuals dealing with Parkinson's disease. The quality of life is majorly hampered due to reasons like lack of sleep, anxiety caused by the diagnosis, pain, and other symptoms. CBD might not completely cure the condition but it has come across as an effective agent for reducing the symptoms. Another important aspect to consider is that CBD affects the body of an individual in a different manner than pharmaceutical medicines. As there are established treatments for different health issues, Parkinson's disease also has a particular treatment. The treatment may not be as beneficial, rather it may come across as deteriorating, in terms of quality of life. Their use for a long time can lead to agitation, anxiety, confusion, nausea, and other non-motor problems. And, you may think that these are the effects of the disease but actually, they are caused by the medication. CBD is more suitable and successful to address those non-motor issues and potential side effects.
- CBD as a Preventive Measure: CBD may function in the prevention of Parkinson’s disease. However, detailed research is required to prove the role of CBD in the prevention of the disease. There are a couple of studies that indicate its potential to stop the disease from developing in the human body.
Recent times have seen a surge in the usage of CBD oil for Parkinson's. People are increasingly showing their interest in CBD treatment because of its effectiveness in easing the symptoms. Having known this, it is essential that you connect to your health professional for using this therapeutic compound. Your doctors are acquainted with your health history, which includes any allergies and past conditions that may get triggered by the usage.
It is most beneficial to start with a small dosage. You can notice the effect on your body and can increase the dosage, with your doctor’s advice. They will also prescribe the best CBD oil for Parkinson’s, out of the three forms of CBD. These three forms are full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and Isolate CBD.
Ways to Consume CBD
For those who have recently come across this natural compound, may be curious about the usage of CBD. It can be consumed in multiple forms, listed below.
- Lotions and Creams: It is always suggested to gently massage the pain-affected areas with CBD lotions and creams. Lotions are also safe, in a way that they are not consumed, but applied. CBD massages are quite popular and effective for reducing muscle and joint pain & stiffness.
- Capsules and Pop pills: CBD is available in the form of tablets, capsules and pills to be swallowed directly. There may be a slight delay in effects when you consume CBD in this form. Capsules are suitable for people with tremors, who encounter problems in properly dosing a liquid.
- Oils and Tinctures: These are liquid forms of CBD. You can swallow or absorb them simply by placing a few drops under the tongue (also called sublingual consumption). This is an ideal option if you find it difficult to swallow pills and capsules. The CBD oil can also be mixed with food, a few moments before you start eating. Make sure you do not mix it for hours before consuming food, as that may tarnish the taste.
- CBD Edibles: Edibles are ideal if you like consuming CBD on-the-go. You can use gummies, which are highly effective.
- Vapes: You can inhale or vaporize CBD. Vapes usually show fast results. Initially, you may notice mild coughing or sore throat through inhaling which relaxes as the course progresses.
CBD holds some hope for patients with Parkinson’s disease. The compound might ease the side effects of the most common treatment, apart from easing the symptoms of the degenerative disease itself. With all its benefits, one has to understand that CBD dosage works differently for different individuals. This is why there is a strong recommendation to consult your doctor before you decide to use CBD oil for Parkinson's.
- Zuardi, Antonio Waldo, et al. "Cannabidiol for the treatment of psychosis in Parkinson’s disease." Journal of Psychopharmacology 23.8 (2009): 979-983.
- do Nascimento, Glauce Crivelaro, et al. "Cannabidiol increases the nociceptive threshold in a preclinical model of Parkinson's disease." Neuropharmacology 163 (2020): 107808.
- Chagas, Marcos Hortes N., et al. "Effects of cannabidiol in the treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease: an exploratory double-blind trial." Journal of Psychopharmacology 28.11 (2014): 1088-1098.
- Crippa, José Alexandre S., et al. "Is cannabidiol the ideal drug to treat non-motor Parkinson’s disease symptoms?." European archives of psychiatry and clinical neuroscience 269.1 (2019): 121-133.
- Chagas, Marcos HN, et al. "Cannabidiol can improve complex sleep‐related behaviours associated with rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder in Parkinson's disease patients: a case series." Journal of clinical pharmacy and therapeutics 39.5 (2014): 564-566.
- Ferreira-Junior, Nilson C., et al. "Biological bases for a possible effect of cannabidiol in Parkinson’s disease." Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry 42 (2019): 218-224.
- Gugliandolo, Agnese, et al. "Cannabidiol exerts protective effects in an in vitro model of Parkinson's disease activating AKT/mTOR pathway." Fitoterapia 143 (2020): 104553.
Tags: what is the best cbd oil, cbd oil for menopause reviews, cbd oil and fibromyalgia, cannabis vape pen, cbd capsules benefits, what is cbd cream, benefits of cbd gummies, cbd spray for tinnitus, cbd for ed, cbd hemp soda