CBD products have grown in popularity like never before and they’re flying off the shelves in an instant as people are looking for natural ways to treat pains, acne, stresses, and other issues. As you might be aware, CBD comes in myriad forms, some ingestible and some topical. Lately, a new option has hit the market – cannabis tampons.
‘That time of the month’ is notorious for being extremely uncomfortable for women. It is accompanied by body sensitivities, cramps, mood swings, PMS, and even the uncertainty of when Aunt Flo will decide to show up and interrupt the rest of the day. The one certain thing is that she will come every month and you should make preparations ahead of her arrival.
If you suffer from menstrual cramps and have been desperately waiting for a product that provides great relief, you might want to consider trying CBD tampons. They are being marketed as champions of pain and here’s everything you need to know about this new CBD product.
What are CBD tampons?
Marijuana tampons contain cannabidiol, which is a naturally occurring compound of the hemp plant. Apart from this, they feel and look the same as regular tampons. The key difference is that cannabis tampons are known to provide relief from period cramps. When you insert CBD tampons vaginally, they directly deliver cannabidiol to the pelvic area to treat cramps, as well as, other pelvic pain.
How Does it Work?
Most women use CBD tampons for menstrual pain, but they also work to provide relief from different types of pelvic pain. When the tampon is inserted, the absorbent tissues in the vagina pull in the cannabis and send it to the bloodstream. Since the cannabidiol has been directly applied to the pelvic region, it begins to offer quick relief.
But, they don’t work the same way for everyone. Before you try out marijuana tampons, you must visit your healthcare practitioner to find out why your periods cause you so much discomfort. You need to rule out underlying conditions like PCOS, endometriosis, and fibroids. In case you are suffering from such conditions, you need a doctor’s help as CBD is not a cure-all. It has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate pain.
Also, once those conditions are ruled out, you have to consider factors like your diet, birth control, and environmental changes. This might be why CBD tampon is not providing you as much relief as what is experienced by your friend or sister.
Another important thing to note here before using cannabis tampons is that women who are breastfeeding or are pregnant should avoid them.
Can CBD-Infused Tampons Cure Your Period Crumps?
A cannabis tampon may not sound normal, but for hundreds of women, it makes a lot of difference. Sure, everyone doesn’t respond the same way to CBD as it depends on the body’s endocannabinoid system. Some people are highly sensitive to CBD while others are highly resistant. But, if you have used other CBD products in the past like, CBD gummies, tinctures, or bath salts, you are probably going to react similarly.
Even though more research is needed to ascertain whether CBD specifically helps with period pain, there are tons of studies to link pain relief in general with CBD. You can go through our CBD tampon reviews to find out about its effectiveness.
Is It Safe for Use?
This is a very important question to ask when you are about to put something inside your body. These products are quite new and there aren’t a lot of data regarding their side effects. However, what we can tell you is that CBD is a natural compound and it doesn’t have the psychoactive effect of THC. Ideally, it doesn’t cause any harm to the body and this product is regular tampons infused with CBD.
However, it is important to remember that the vagina is a sensitive balance of healthy bacteria, as well as, other natural components. This delicate balance can be thrown off by anything new and you may experience infection or irritation. So, before you think of adopting CBD tampons permanently, give it a try first. Put it inside your vagina when you are at home and see how it feels. If there’s no irritation after it has been inside for a few hours, you know that it is safe for you to use this product.
There is also the consideration that CBD might interact with certain medicines that you are taking. So, speak to your gynecologist and accordingly take a decision. Other than that, they’re quite safe.
What are the Benefits of Using CBD Tampons?
Tampons with CBD are relatively new in the market, but they’ve already become a huge hit among women who suffer from uncomfortable and atrocious period cramps. These unique pain relievers offer the following benefits:
- CBD tampons offer fast relief from pain – When women are suffering from severe period cramps, every second without relief feels like an eternity. With cannabis-infused tampons, you are not required to wait for 30 minutes as is the case with oral pain relievers. These tampons offer instant relief so that you can get back out there and carry on your day as if nothing has happened.
- Cannabidiol tampons are a natural way of relieving pain – Be it over-the-counter pills or heating pads, most pain-relieving methods used for menstrual cramps have their issues. Over-the-counter pills do not just work slowly, but they also have negative long-term side effects as is the case with any medication. Women with severe cramps who require prescription medication to relieve their pain have even more risks to consider. On the other hand, CBD is a natural form of pain reliever. Even though there are continued studies on the effects of CBD in the long run, studies so far show fewer to no problems. So, women can put their minds to ease by choosing tampons with cannabidiol to relieve their pain.
How to Use it?
CBD-infused tampons are used the same way as regular tampons. They are tiny and shaped like a cylinder, and have to be inserted vaginally. Once inside your body, the CBD is readily absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream.
Since you’ll be using these tampons for the first time, you are advised to start small. You’ll find that these products list different amounts of marijuana. If the smallest amount of CBD doesn’t relieve your pain, you can gradually step up to higher CBD concentrations.
CBD is not going to get you high and it won’t mess with your vagina if you use it carefully and with caution. Marijuana-infused tampons are here to help women in so many ways that seemed helpless before. Since CBD affects people differently, there’s only one thing that you have to do which is trying it. We have reviewed the top 10 best CBD tampons to make it easier for you. Just go through our list and select the one that seems to be a good fit. You can also seek help from your gynecologist if you’re suffering from underlying conditions or taking any kind of medicine.
- Paist III, S. Scott. "MEDICALLY USEFUL CANNABINOIDS THC and CBD."
- Sarrafpour, Syena, et al. "Considerations and implications of cannabidiol use during pregnancy." Current pain and headache reports 24.7 (2020): 1-10.
- Boyaji, Shafik, et al. "The role of cannabidiol (CBD) in chronic pain management: an assessment of current evidence." Current pain and headache reports 24.2 (2020): 1-6.
- Argueta, Donovan A., et al. "A balanced approach for cannabidiol use in chronic pain." Frontiers in pharmacology 11 (2020): 561.
- Nelson, Kathryn M., et al. "The Essential Medicinal Chemistry of Cannabidiol (CBD)." Journal of medicinal chemistry 63.21 (2020): 12137-12155.
Tags: best time of day to take cbd oil, cbd oil online in arizona, is cbd oil safe for addicts, cbd tea, cannabinoids effects on those with bipolar disorder, cbd for autism, cbd for high blood pressure, best cbd for inflammation, what is cbd massage, cbd for dementia