CBD Oil for Migraines
Migraines are not your typical headache and they are much worse. They can result in moderate to severe pain and may last up to 3 days. When suffering from migraine, completing even the simplest and smallest of tasks seem tedious and almost impossible. The slightest sound or minor noise can cause sensory overload. As you might be aware, there is no cure for migraines. However, steps can be taken to treat and even prevent symptoms. Migraine sufferers taking pharmaceutical medications will tell you that this is only a temporary fix and medicines can even cause side-effects, which is a major concern. This is why migraine sufferers are opting for a more natural alternative to medication and have found their solution in CBD. Keep reading to know more about CBD oil for migraines and how it can help you.
Best CBD Oil for Migraines in 2021
Weight: 3 oz
Flavor: Mango, Strawberry Shortcake :
Key Facts: With 550mg of Full Spectrum CBD
Total CBD: 550 mg
Volume: 30 ml
Strength: 18.33 mg/ml
Ingredients: Full Spectrum Industrial Hemp Cannabidiol (CBD), Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 30ml or 1fl ounces
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Route of Delivery: Sublingual
Ingredients: Organic MCT, Organic Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract, Organic Lemon Essential Oil
Product Life: 18-month shelf-stable
Pro Tip: Pairs great with Nirvana CBD Oil Capsules, Nirvana CBD Gummies, and Nirvana CBD Topicals
Active Ingredients: Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil (0.0% THC)
Inactive Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT Oil), Natural Oil-Based Flavoring
Ingredients: Organically Farmed, Kansas Heartland Grown Hemp
Infused with: Smooth Guava Strawberry Flavor
Extra cannabinoids: CBC, CBG, and CBN
Ingredients: Coconut MCT oil (Carrier Oil) and Extracted Hemp Oil
How to use: Just one dropper full on or under the tongue delivers 20mg of our potent CBD plus all the Full-Spectrum benefits. Can be taken any time day or night and with or without food and drink. Can also be taken safely with other medications
Dosing: 1-2 droppers full on or under the tongue offers symptom relief from; Pain, anxiety, sleep disorder, arthritis, and more
Ingredients: Essential Hemp oil (Cannabidiol), Hemp Terpenes, organic coconut, and peppermint oil
Benefits: Relief from Daily Discomfort, Support for Joints and Muscles, Immune and Mood Support, Digestive Support
Ingredients: Organic MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) Oil, Organically Grown Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, CBG Isolate, Ginger Extract, Terpenes
View all CBD Oil for Migraines
What is Migraine?
Migraines are worse than headaches. They tend to last longer and they’re more severe. Often, the pain affects one side of the head and might even go to the eyes, sinuses and the whole face. They can also be quite debilitating. The healthcare professionals are not entirely sure about what causes migraines, but it may appear that the condition is related to the changes that happen in the brain and genetics.
A migraine attack can be triggered due to the following reasons:
- Not eating on time.
- Changes in weather.
- Changes to normal sleep routine.
- Sudden withdrawal or excessive intake of caffeine.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you might want to consider CBD for migraines to ease your pain:
- Upset stomach.
- Headache that starts as just a dull ache, but becomes a throbbing pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Pale skin.
Migraines can last from 4 hours to 3 days. Some people may experience it twice a month while others get it every few days. Most of the medications available only work to prevent some of the attacks or might be helpful in lessening the severity of the pain. But, dependency on pharmaceutical pills has its fair share of side-effects. This is why CBD for migraine is considered a better alternative.
CBD is present naturally in the cannabis plant and it is different from marijuana. CBD does not cause any psychotic effects that people experience with marijuana.
What is CBD Oil for Headaches?
CBD oil for migraine is an extract from the cannabis plant. CBD oil is used for health, medicinal and well-being purposes. It is non-addictive, non-intoxicating and safe for consumption by humans. It is crucial to note here that marijuana and CBD oil are not the same. Marijuana cause users to feel ‘stoned’ or ‘high’. CBD oil does not have any recreational use, no realistic overdose limit and it doesn’t have the potential for abuse.
CBD oil is created from a compound known as cannabidiol and it is found in cannabis. Cannabidiol used for CBD oil is extracted from the hemp. It is also referred to as medical marijuana for migraines.
More choices available
Does CBD Help?
Research about CBD and migraines are still ongoing. So far, we don’t have any strong evidence or conclusive studies telling us that CBD oil can end migraines once and for all. But, there are studies that suggest that CBD oil is beneficial in managing migraines. CBD oil has the capability of preventing the body’s metabolism of anandamide. Anandamide is a compound that is linked to the regulation of pain. If a high level of anandamide is present in your system, you are less likely to experience pain.
CBD oil also helps in limiting inflammation in the body that also minimizes pain and such other related responses of the immune system.
Another reason why cannabis oil for migraines is recommended is because our body has a network of cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are found inside the brain and also other parts of the body. These are typically tiny loops of protein that plays a key role in how we feel pain. When you use CBD oil and it is inside your body, the cannabinoids will start to look for the receptors. They will change the way the receptors work and help to calm the pain signals.
Are There Any Risks of Using?
CBD is considered to be a safe compound. However, you have to make sure that you are not using it excessively. Drowsiness, tiredness, nausea and decreased appetite are some of the common side-effects of CBD, but they’re not very alarming and most studies have termed these risks as ‘minor’.
If you don’t go overboard with your CBD dosage for migraines, you don’t have much to worry about. The recommended CBD oil dosage for migraines is between 600mg and 3,000mg.
How Long Does it Take to Work?
The effectiveness of medical marijuana for migraines vary on an individual basis. On average, people can feel relief within ten to fifteen minutes of its use. Some people may even experience immediate relief.
Factors to Consider for Buying the Best CBD Oil for Migraines
The process of finding the best CBD for migraines is similar to finding the best CBD for tackling other health issues. Given below is a rundown of the most crucial things that you should keep in mind.
- Concentration – Concentration refers to the amount of CBD that a product contains. Generally, the best cannabidiol for migraines should clearly state the amount of CBD in a bottle, along with the amount of CBD per dose. For more information regarding concentration, you can refer to our reviews.
- THC content – THC is an active cannabinoid and this is the compound responsible for producing psychoactive effects. 0.03% of THC is legally allowed in CBD products. Make sure to read the label properly before buying it.
- Manufacturing of CBD oil – It is always better to look for manufacturers who don’t use pesticides or implement synthetic practices. This will make sure that it is safe for you to use.
How to Use?
Migraine sufferers can make use of CBD oil in the following ways:
- You can administer CBD oil under your tongue (sublingually) in beverages. You can put a few drops or your recommended dosage in teas, coffees or even smoothies and juices.
- CBD oil is also available in capsule form for people who prefer pills.
How Much CBD Oil Should You Take?
A specific recommended dose is not available as it depends on the severity of your condition. As we mentioned before, high amounts of CBD oil are also not considered dangerous. You can read the label or seek advice from your healthcare professional. To know what other migraine sufferers have to say, you can go through our reviews on the various CBD oil products available in the market.
CBD oil for migraines is fast becoming popular. CBD oil is being considered as the easiest and fastest method to get relief from the excruciating pain caused by migraines. So, make a decision to stop suffering from pain and turn to CBD oil.
- Baron, Eric P. "Medicinal properties of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids in cannabis, and benefits in migraine, headache, and pain: an update on current evidence and cannabis science." Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 58.7 (2018): 1139-1186.
- Cuttler, Carrie, et al. "Short-and long-term effects of cannabis on headache and migraine." The Journal of Pain 21.5-6 (2020): 722-730.
- Baron, Eric P., et al. "Patterns of medicinal cannabis use, strain analysis, and substitution effect among patients with migraine, headache, arthritis, and chronic pain in a medicinal cannabis cohort." The journal of headache and pain 19.1 (2018): 1-28.
- Russo, Ethan. "Cannabis for migraine treatment: the once and future prescription? An historical and scientific review." Pain 76.1-2 (1998): 3-8.
- Russo, Ethan. "Hemp for headache: an in-depth historical and scientific review of cannabis in migraine treatment." Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics 1.2 (2001): 21-92.
- Aviram, Joshua, et al. "Migraine frequency decrease following prolonged medical cannabis treatment: A cross-sectional study." Brain sciences 10.6 (2020): 360.
- Russo, Ethan B. "Clinical endocannabinoid deficiency (CECD): can this concept explain therapeutic benefits of cannabis in migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and other treatment-resistant conditions?." Neuro endocrinology letters 29.2 (2008): 192-200.
- Kim, Philip S., and Michael A. Fishman. "Cannabis for pain and headaches: primer." Current pain and headache reports 21.4 (2017): 19.
Choose CBD Oil for Migraines now
Tags: best cbd oil, cbd toothpaste, best cbd tea, best cbd for arthritis, does cbd help with allergies, cbd vape, cbd patches, cbd dosage for schizophrenia, cbd gummies for kids with adhd, best cbd spray