CBD Oil for Migraines
CBD oil, often interchangeably used to describe tinctures, is one of the most popular CBD products. However, there is a slight difference between CBD oils and tinctures. Oil is made by infusing Marijuana or Cannabis in a carrier oil, while tincture is made by soaking Cannabis in water and alcohol.
CBD oil refers to the phytocannabinoid-rich oil that has been extracted from hemp. After extraction, CBD oil is refined and used to create various products, including tinctures, capsules, balms, edibles, vape, topicals, and more.
CBDs for migraine are extracted from the Cannabis plant and are non-addictive, non-intoxicating, safe for consumption, with no potential for abuse.
According to recent studies, a vast majority of migraine sufferers have reported having relief from the use of CBD oil for migraine pains; however, there is no still no conclusive study that shows that CBD oil can cure migraines.
10 Best CBD Oil for Migraines in 2022
Weight: 3 oz
Flavour: Mango, Strawberry Shortcake
Key Facts: With 550mg of Full Spectrum CBD
Total CBD: 550 mg
Volume: 30 ml
Strength: 18.33 mg/ml
Ingredients: Full Spectrum Industrial Hemp Cannabidiol (CBD), Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 30ml or 1fl ounces
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Route of Delivery: Sublingual
Ingredients: Organic MCT, Organic Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract, Organic Lemon Essential Oil
Product Life: 18-month shelf-stable
Pro Tip: Pairs great with Nirvana CBD Oil Capsules, Nirvana CBD Gummies, and Nirvana CBD Topicals
Active Ingredients: Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil (0.0% THC)
Inactive Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT Oil), Natural Oil-Based Flavoring
Ingredients: Organically Farmed, Kansas Heartland Grown Hemp
Infused with: Smooth Guava Strawberry Flavor
Extra cannabinoids: CBC, CBG, and CBN
Ingredients: Coconut MCT oil (Carrier Oil) and Extracted Hemp Oil
How to use: Just one dropper full on or under the tongue delivers 20mg of our potent CBD plus all the Full-Spectrum benefits. Can be taken any time day or night and with or without food and drink
Dosing: 1-2 droppers full on or under the tongue offers symptom relief from; Pain, anxiety, sleep disorder, arthritis, and more
Ingredients: Essential Hemp oil (Cannabidiol), Hemp Terpenes, organic coconut, and peppermint oil
Benefits: Relief from Daily Discomfort, Support for Joints and Muscles, Immune and Mood Support, Digestive Support
Ingredients: Organic MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) Oil, Organically Grown Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, CBG Isolate, Ginger Extract, Terpenes
View all CBD Oil for Migraines
What is Migraine?
Migraine is one of the most prevalent neurological diseases in the world. They are worse than the typical headaches. Migraine pain typically begins in the forehead, side of the head or around the eyes. Migraines can result in throbbing in one particular area with varying intensity. The pain can affect one side of the head and spread to the eyes, sinuses, the whole face and sometimes even the neck. Movement, even the slightest activity, bright light or loud noise can make it worse.
The cause of migraines is yet unknown but may be related to genetics and abnormal brain activity affecting the nerves, chemicals and blood vessels in the brain.
Migraines can be triggered by changes in hormones, certain foods and drinks, exhaustion, sudden withdrawal or excessive caffeine intake, change in regular sleep routine and stress. It is usually self-diagnosable and last for years or even be lifelong.
Symptoms of migraine include:
- Severe headaches that can be frequent and throbbing
- Visual disturbance
- Scalp tenderness
- Loss of appetite
- Nasal congestion
- Sensitivity to light or sound
Migraines can last between four hours to three days and can be experienced every few days or twice a month. Suffering from migraines can make completing even the simplest tasks difficult and impossible, as a slight noise can trigger a sensory overload.
Medications for treating migraines only prevent some of the attacks or offer temporary relief from the pain and can cause severe side effects such as addiction to the pills. This is why CBD oils for migraine is considered a better alternative.
CBD is present naturally in the cannabis plant and it is different from marijuana. CBD does not cause any psychotic effects that people experience with marijuana.
Benefits of CBD in Managing Migraines
CBD is beneficial in managing migraines due to its ability to prevent the body’s metabolism of anandamide, a compound linked to pain regulation. With the presence of a high level of anandamide in your system, you are less likely to feel pain.
The presence of a network of cannabinoid receptors in the body is another practical reason for the recommendation of CBD oil for migraine pains. When CBD oil gets into the body, the cannabinoid starts to look for those receptors. They change the physiology of these receptors and helps soothe pain sensations.
Does It Help?
Research about CBD and migraines are still ongoing. So far, we don’t have any strong evidence or conclusive studies telling us that CBD oil can end migraines once and for all. But, there are studies that suggest that CBD oil is beneficial in managing migraines. CBD oil has the capability of preventing the body’s metabolism of anandamide. Anandamide is a compound that is linked to the regulation of pain. If a high level of anandamide is present in your system, you are less likely to experience pain.
CBD oil also helps in limiting inflammation in the body that also minimizes pain and such other related responses of the immune system.
Another reason why cannabis oil for migraines is recommended is because our body has a network of cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are found inside the brain and also other parts of the body. These are typically tiny loops of protein that plays a key role in how we feel pain. When you use CBD oil and it is inside your body, the cannabinoids will start to look for the receptors. They will change the way the receptors work and help to calm the pain signals.
How to Use CBD Oil for Migraine Pains?
People who suffer from migraines can use CBD oils in different ways as they are available in various forms. CBD oil can be added to smoothies and other drinks and ingested. CBD tinctures for migraines are a good option too. There are CBD pills for migraines available in a capsule for people who prefer tablets to the other forms.
CBD oils are believed to be the purest form of CBD and can be taken in four ways:
- Application on the skin topically
- Inhalation by vaping or smoking
- Ingestion by pouting a fee drops on beverages & edibles
- Taking it under the tongue, also known as sublingual
No matter what your preference is, there is a CBD oil option available for you.
More choices available
Although CBD is considered a safe compound, it is still essential to ensure you’re not using it excessively and going overboard. Side effects such as drowsiness, tiredness, nausea, and loss of appetite are common with excessive use of CBD. These side effects, however, are called “minor” as they are typically no cause for alarm.
The rate of effectiveness of CBD also depends on the individuals. Some can experience relief after 10 to 15 minutes, while some may experience immediate relief.
The amount of CBD to consume depends on the severity of your condition. There is no specific recommended CBD dosage for migraines, although the range is usually between 600mg and 3000mg. Luckily, ingestion of high amounts of CBD oil for migraines is not considered dangerous.
Finally, it would help to read the product label or seek advice from a healthcare expert when in doubt. You can also go through our reviews on the CBD oil products available in the market to get the opinion and questions of other people living with migraines.
How Long Does it Take to Work?
The effectiveness of medical marijuana for migraines vary on an individual basis. On average, people can feel relief within ten to fifteen minutes of its use. Some people may even experience immediate relief.
Factors to Consider for Buying the Best CBD Oil for Migraines
Finding the right CBD for migraines is similar and just as important as finding the best CBD for other health issues. The crucial things to look out for includes:
- Concentration: The amount of CBD in a bottle and the amount of CBD per dose should be clearly stated on the label. Please read our reviews to know more about this.
- THC content: Be sure to read the label before purchase. The legal THC content limit in CBD products is 0.03%.
- Manufacturing: To be on the safer side, look for manufacturers who take care of their production process and avoid those who use synthetic practices.
Choose CBD Oil for Migraines now
- Baron, Eric P. "Medicinal properties of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids in cannabis, and benefits in migraine, headache, and pain: an update on current evidence and cannabis science." Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 58.7 (2018): 1139-1186.
- Cuttler, Carrie, et al. "Short-and long-term effects of cannabis on headache and migraine." The Journal of Pain 21.5-6 (2020): 722-730.
- Baron, Eric P., et al. "Patterns of medicinal cannabis use, strain analysis, and substitution effect among patients with migraine, headache, arthritis, and chronic pain in a medicinal cannabis cohort." The journal of headache and pain 19.1 (2018): 1-28.
- Russo, Ethan. "Cannabis for migraine treatment: the once and future prescription? An historical and scientific review." Pain 76.1-2 (1998): 3-8.
- Russo, Ethan. "Hemp for headache: an in-depth historical and scientific review of cannabis in migraine treatment." Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics 1.2 (2001): 21-92.
- Aviram, Joshua, et al. "Migraine frequency decrease following prolonged medical cannabis treatment: A cross-sectional study." Brain sciences 10.6 (2020): 360.
- Russo, Ethan B. "Clinical endocannabinoid deficiency (CECD): can this concept explain therapeutic benefits of cannabis in migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and other treatment-resistant conditions?." Neuro endocrinology letters 29.2 (2008): 192-200.
- Kim, Philip S., and Michael A. Fishman. "Cannabis for pain and headaches: primer." Current pain and headache reports 21.4 (2017): 19.
Tags: best quality cbd oil, cbd dosage for lyme disease, best cbd oil for weight loss, cbd dog treats for pain, cbd infused tea bags, is cbd effects addictive, cbd oil online in wisconsin, certified organic cbd oil, cbd oil and hair loss, best cbd oil for diarrhea