CBD Oil for Gout
Millions of people suffer from gout, a complex form of arthritis, characterized by pain, redness, and swelling. This can occur all of the sudden, often waking you up in the middle of the night with intense joint pain. The affected joint becomes inflamed and so tender that you can’t even touch it with your fingers. If you’re wondering if CBD oil can alleviate gout, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to find out more about CBD oil and gout.
Best CBD oil for Gout in 2023
Ingredients: Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, MCT Oil, Vitamin E
Weight: 3 oz
Key facts: With 250mg of CBD isolate
Total CBD: 250mg
Strength: 8.33 mg/ml
Ingredients: Hemp extract, MCT oil
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 30ml or 1fl ounces
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Route of Delivery: Sublingual
Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil (MCT), Whole Plant Hemp Extract, Peach Flavoring
Serving Size: 15 drops
Servings per container: 30
Size: 30ml glass dropper bottle
Concentration (per serving): 23+ mg of full-spectrum cannabinoids
THC %: < 0.3%
Daily Recommended Serving: 1ml per Serving. Take one serving orally up to twice per day or as directed by a medical professional
Ingredients: Organic MCT Coconut Oil, Hemp extract, terpene blend
Contains: 2000 mg of cannabinoids
Flavor: Natural, Peppermint, Blueberry
Ingredients: Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, 100% Organic Peppermint Essential Oil Flavor, Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 80
Water - soluble: easier, faster and more effective bodily absorption.
Extra cannabinoids: CBC, CBG, and CBN
Ingredients: Coconut MCT oil (Carrier Oil) and Extracted Hemp Oil
View all CBD oil for Gout
What is Gout?
A typical western diet consists of high animal protein and low vegetables, causing chronic health conditions like, obesity and high levels of sugar. Many don’t know that diets also play a significant role in causing another extreme condition of joint pain, popularly known as gout.
This is a type of inflammatory arthritis that mostly affects the big toe, leading to excruciating pain. It occurs when uric acid crystals deposit in the joints. Uric acid is naturally created by the body by breaking down purines, which are mostly found in alcohol, meat, and foods having fructose.
On consuming these foods, your body starts producing more uric acid and excretes less. This results in the accumulation of uric acids in the body, forming gouts, also known as the “disease of kings”. In maximum cases, these deposits occur when the kidneys fail to pass out adequate uric acid from the body.
Symptoms of Gout
- Excruciating joint pain - Usually, this happens on the big toe, but can occur on any joint, such as fingers, knees, ankles, and wrists. The intense pain occurs on the fist after 4-12 hours of the attack.
- Redness and swelling - The joints which get affected become hot, inflamed, tender, and red.
- Continuous discomfort - Once the pain and swelling subside, you may face constant discomfort for weeks. Later attacks can affect more joints, limiting mobility.
As CBD is considered as one of the effective treatments for this, let’s find out how marijuana and gout work.
How CBD Oil Works in Gout?
CBD for inflammation
The cannabinoid compounds have anti-inflammatory properties, which help in treating different kinds of joint pain and swelling. THC and CBD are primary cannabinoids, but most of the hemp products do not contain THC, the psychotic ingredient. Cannabinoids interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system and trigger the CB1 and CB2 receptors.
The endocannabinoid system is benefitted by the cannabinoids in carrying out several functions like, mood stability, memory enhancement, improving appetite and responses, etc. Cannabinoids have successfully been shown to curb cytokines at the targeted areas in the body. This lessens the inflammatory diseases’ symptoms.
Cytokines are proteins that you can categorize as anti-inflammatory or pro-inflammatory. When you alter its production, you can stop the initiation of the inflammation. Surprisingly, CBD oil for gout doesn’t only have anti-inflammatory properties; it also has antioxidant properties, which treat conditions, such as arthritis and other joint pain. If you want to purchase one, you can check our top 10 product list.
CBD for Pain
Studies show that CBD provides relief to pain and swelling to osteoarthritis patients. The neuroprotective properties in the cannabis act as an effective treatment for intense joint ache and inflammation. These block the pain signals, reducing their intensity to a great extent. It’s been already acclaimed that CBD is a pain reliever without producing any psychotic effects. The oil can be massaged on the affected joints or can be taken orally for immediate effect.
Take a look at our review section to know more!
How to Take CBD for Gout Pain?
Talk to your doctors before you include cannabis products into your routine because CBD oil can interact with different medications. Here’s how you are going to take care of your gout.
- Clean the area with warm, soapy water where you feel the gout pain. Scrub it and dry it so that CBD hemp oil for gout gets absorbed by the skin. CBD can work the best if it reaches the sore joint. Common places where you can get gout attacks are ankles, hands, feet, wrists, and knees.
- You don’t need a lot of amount of CBD oil to get relief from the pain. Take a few drops and massage it directly on the area where you experience the ache. Give a rub down in a circular motion, and you’re guaranteed to feel relaxed within 30 minutes. You can keep applying the oil-infused marijuana for gout after every 2-3 hours to keep the discomforts at bay.
- Besides applying the oil, you can also take it sublingually, which means put a few drops under your tongue and wait till the compounds reach your digestive system and mix with your blood. It starts showing actions with half-an-hour and the effect lasts for 4 hours.
Should You Try CBD for Gout?
Since you know how CBD works, you should purchase CBD for gout pain. It’s free of THC and other harmful compounds; thus, won’t affect you. Either take it sublingually or apply it to the affected joint for relief. If you’ve more doubt, you can go through our review sections.
Frankly, speaking there’s no particular dose for people. Moreover, not every brand sells CBD hemp oil for gout with the same concentration and potency. If you’re consuming it as drops of CBD oil, start from the lowest CBD dosage for gout. And, in the case, you are rubbing it externally; you can use it as much as you want to control the pain.
Looking for CBD oil? Take a look at our top products!
More choices available
How to Pick Quality CBD Oil for Gout?
Check the below suggestions to decide better.
- Choose CBD oil good for gout that has low potency, especially if you’re a first-time user. Look for a product that has 250-500 mg of cannabis concentration. Once you get used to it, you can increase the dosage and choose a bottle with 750-1000 mg of cannabidiol content.
- For maximum effectiveness, opt for a full-spectrum product that contains other natural ingredients as well to give a soothing effect. Check the label to determine if you’re getting “whole-plant” or “full-spectrum” so that you get the most of the benefits. Remember that full-spectrum contains 0.3% THC and that will not cause any psychotic effects. You can also try isolate with pure CBD content.
- To get the purest substance in the bottle, always choose the product extracted via ethanol or CO2. Some brands use butane to extract hemp from the plants. This leaves harmful substances in the oil. Before buying, ensure that it is safe to use. If there’s no extraction method written, don’t buy it.
- Check all the ingredients listed on the package and the breakdown of the components. Many CBD oil for gout pain is mixed with a carrier like, cream or lotion, making it easier to apply.
- Always pick a lab-tested product because this ensures that they're safe to use and have purity standards.
Be a cautious shopper because that will help you in making a smart decision. Or, check our top 10 product list to buy the best CBD oil for gout pain.
CBD Oil or Hempseed Oil: What is the Difference?
CBD oil is way different than hempseed oil though they are thought to be the same. The former is made from the leaves, buds, flowers, and stems of the marijuana plant, and the latter is made from hemp seeds, containing no CBD. You can use hemp seed oil to improve your skin health and can be consumed orally or added as a supplement to food. CBD oil is available in the oil form that is taken orally, or it is added to lotions and balms for external applications.
Gout is such a painful condition that will leave you in tears. Though it’s a type of arthritis, it’s just an acute version of it with no possible cure. The only way to stop your body from getting gout attacks is to lower the consumption of the food that leads to a uric acid build-up in the body. Besides, CBD oil benefits for gout and is an effective pain management solution. As different medications produce adverse effects on health, people are finding other alternative approaches to manage the ache and gout symptoms.
CDB oil has shown promising results on gout and arthritis patients, though the effects take time to show. By consuming/using it daily, you can get rid of the swollen & tender joints and lead a pain-free life. As gouts can occur all of a sudden, you must pay attention to your diet and lifestyle factors.
CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties make it an ultimate pain suppressant. Make sure you consult a medical professional before including cannabidiol into your routine so that it doesn’t mess up with other medications.
Do you still have doubts about CBD’s potential benefits? Check our reviews on CBD for gout pain and buy one from the top 10 product list.
- FREE, TOP BEST. "CBD Oil for Gout: Using Cannabis Oil as Gout Relief and Dosage–Weed News."
- Khaleghi, Murdoc. "New Arthritis Foundation Guidelines On CBD Use Could Be First of Many More to Come." Alternative therapies in health and medicine 26 (2020): 8-11.
- Shannon, Scott, et al. "Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: a large case series." The Permanente Journal 23 (2019).
- Devinsky, Orrin, et al. "Cannabidiol: pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders." Epilepsia 55.6 (2014): 791-802.
- Fasinu, Pius S., et al. "Current status and prospects for cannabidiol preparations as new therapeutic agents." Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy 36.7 (2016): 781-796.
- Chen, Jeffrey W., Laura M. Borgelt, and Allison B. Blackmer. "Cannabidiol: a new hope for patients with Dravet or Lennox-Gastaut syndromes." Annals of Pharmacotherapy 53.6 (2019): 603-611.
- Deiana, Serena. "Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new light for schizophrenia?." Drug testing and analysis 5.1 (2013): 46-51.
Choose CBD oil for Gout now
Tags: best cbd oil, best cbd protein powder for crossfit, cbd oil for anxiety, cannabis jelly beans, cbd dosage, how much cbd to take for asthma, cbd oil laws in louisiana, cbd powder dosage, full spectrum cannabis juice for vape, cbd oil for tinnitus