CBD Oils for Anxiety
With increasing stress in day-to-day life, many people have experienced traces of anxiety in their life and thus they look for instant relief to help calm themselves. The one anti-anxiety medicine that has recently been introduced to the world, CBD (Cannabidiol) oil has slowly and steadily become a preferred remedy among many people to reduce the symptoms of various conditions. CBD oil has proven to be helpful in conditions like migraine, depression, chronic pain, insomnia, arthritis, and anxiety. People are opting for this not-so-popular and unconventional medicine, despite being skeptical about its usage and composition. Researchers and doctors have found that CBD proves to be effective in treating psychological conditions like anxiety as it tamps down them soothingly.
7 Best CBD Oil for Anxiety in 2022
Key facts: With 1500mg of full-spectrum CBD
Total CBD: 1500 mg
Weight: 30 ml
Strength: 50.00 mg/ml
Ingredients: Full spectrum industrial hemp cannabidiol (CBD), vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol
Nutritional Information: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Epsom Salt, Corn Starch, Water, Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSA), Kaolin Clay, Polysorbate 80
Broad-spectrum formula: contains all of the beneficial cannabinoids & terpenes of hemp, except zero THC
Water-soluble: easier, faster, and more effective bodily absorption
Made without oil: healthier and cleaner than traditional CBD oils
Ingredients: Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, 100% Organic Vanilla Essential Oil Flavor, Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 80
Key facts: With 1250mg of full-spectrum CBD
Total CBD: 1250mg
Weight: 8 oz
Ingredients: Light Corn Syrup (Corn Syrup, Salt, Vanilla), Cane Sugar, Water, Gelatin, Citric Acid - ADM, Sorbitol Powder
Certified Colors: Red #40, #3, Yellow #5, Blue #1, #6, and #2, and/or Titanium Dioxide, Modified Starch
Key facts: With 100mg of CBD isolate
Total CBD: 100mg
Weight: 146 g
Ingredients: CBD Isolate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Aqua, Grapeseed Oil, Batch Certified Colorants, Fragrance
Flavor: Blueberry, Peppermint, Natural
View all CBD Oils for Anxiety
What is Anxiety?
It is no longer normal to be anxious, nervous, and experiencing different sensations all the time, as this could be a serious condition of anxiety. In literal terms, when your body and mind feel an excessive amount of stress it behaves unnaturally which ends up causing anxiety. The unpleasant feeling that demotivates you to work or force you to behave in a destructive or confused manner is a clear symptom of anxiety. People stop doing things that they love or remain in fear all the time when they suffer from anxiety. It is an emotional stage where you stop thinking rationally and force yourself to behave unnaturally.
Anxiety disorders are of various kinds, some can be life-threatening and some can break you from the inside, mentally, and even physically. In such conditions, people often become phobic to different things or objects, they experience panic attacks, and some of them often see conditions like OCD (obsessive-compulsion disorder). Some of the common symptoms of anxiety are restlessness, thumping heartbeat, insomnia, fast breathing, unstable heart rate, and trouble concentrating. CBD oil may help in treating different anxiety disorders like panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety, separation anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
How Oil Cures Anxiety?
CBD affects every individual differently as it straight hit up the brain and nerve cells which tends to help soothe your anxiety. It affects your brain functioning and balance which treats mood and behavior. Our body consists of many receptors which are protein-based chemical cells and these cells receive signals from various stimuli. When you consume CBD oils, they trigger these receptors to accept the medicine and help keep you relaxed. Another important factor that affects the working of CBD oil is serotonin, a neurotransmitter, that plays a crucial oil in maintaining your mental health. Good serotonin means good mental health and vice versa. The oil works on the serotine receptors to increase their activity and presence in the brain. CBD helps in keeping the level of serotonin maintained for a healthy and happy lifestyle. Researches have shown that CBD dose for anxiety helps in treating generalized anxiety in animals by reducing stress and mood swings. The oil has also benefited people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and social anxiety disorder (SAD) by treating sleeping disorders and boosting a healthy heart rate.
How You Can Use It?
CBD can be consumed in various ways through gummies, edible capsules, vaporized oil spray, and cannabis flowers. There is no set amount of dosage for CBD and it is often recommended to consult a doctor before started taking CBD. While consuming CBD for anxiety you can put a few drops of the oil under your tongue with the help of a dropper or spoon. The oil will hit you and start working to tamp you down during a panic attack or any unnatural sensation. You can also mix CBD oil with your food right before when you eat it, as the oil may affect the taste of your food when kept for a longer time. One very popular variant of the CBD is the gummies, they are great for carrying along and consuming during fear or any uncanny feeling. You can know more about the best CBD oils in our review along with different types of variants. The oral dose can help with soothing out stress and anxiety in people who fear public speaking or who are insomniacs.
The Risk for Consuming CBD Oil
CBD oils are considered to be safe when consumed in the right manner and quantity. The reason why CBD oil is not really a recommended medicine by many doctors and researchers because it affects individuals differently and causes harmful side effects due to overdose or lack of knowledge about the product. Considering different body type and amount of the oral dosage, some people have experienced some side effects like:
- Changes in Appetite;
- Change in Body Weight.
If you’re taking other medicines parallelly with CBD oil then you should consult a doctor as some medications will react with CBD oil and can cause ‘minor’ harm to your body. CBD is a safe compound that needs to be used in the right amount as the excessive amount can lead to various unnatural changes in your body. You should immediately stop consuming the oil if you show symptoms like:
- Gastrointestinal Discomfort;
More choices available
How Long Until You See the Results?
Like normal pharmaceutical drugs, you will not see instant results from using CBD oil for anxiety. It takes time to work, depending upon your body system, for some people it may take longer than six weeks while some feel changes in just two weeks. The effects depend from person to person, their daily routine, meal plan, digestive system, and level of anxiety. Other factors that could affect the impact of CBD oils in your body are the quality of the product, your body’s metabolism rate, and absorption rate. The best way to consume CBD oil to see the better result is orally through drops under your tongue as it will enter your travel easily to your digestive system and bloodstream quickly. It is recommended to start with the 300 mg version of the oil and let your body adapt to the new changes. Once your body gets familiar with the new addition you can increase the mg for reducing the anxiety. Also, keep monitoring your dosage to find out which one works effectively for you. You can make changes in the routine and dosage based on the changes you’re feeling in both your body and condition.
Things to Consider While Buying CBD Oil
Remember CBD oils are not like regular pharmaceutical drugs, they work differently on different people. There are not many companies or brands that are selling CBD oil in the market, so you have to do your fair research to find out which oil will be best for you based on your anxiety and stress levels. For starters, you can look for the following things to pick your perfect match:
- Composition and Ingredients: Not all CBD oils are made using the same formula, every company has its formula or method of making the CBD oils. You need to be very careful while shopping for the oil as it may contain ingredients you are allergic to or have not heard before. Read more about the composition, you can also check online reviews to get a better understanding of the product or the brand it's related to.
- Recommended Dosage: As said above, every brand uses a different way or formula to make these oils, so you need to check for the dosage it is recommended for people of your age, because there may be chances that this particular oil has one thing more than the other that could affect you differently. Only consume the set amount given on the label to avoid any unprecedented situations.
- The Label: Having said above to read the label to know the recommended dosage, otherwise also read the instructions, expiry date, manufacturing, and certifications. Know everything about the product you’re investing in to avoid any hinges. Another very crucial thing to notice is the batch number as this might tell you more about the brand’s manufacturing practices and procedure. If anything is alarming about the oil then you could inform the brand by letting them know the batch number.
- Where to Find It: Nowadays, you can find CBD products everywhere, from shopping malls to convenience stores. But you need to look for stores or shops that are authorized to sell them. Look for stores that are conventional rather than placing your bets on an unpopular online shopping site. It is important to know from where the oils are coming from, don’t just invest in something that can be dangerous or not associated with an affiliated brand or party.
While buying the best CBD oil for anxiety look for the finest quality as this can determine how well your body will take the medicine. Stick to one brand of CBD for at least six weeks until it shows up the desired results. If after this point, you feel that the oil is not working for you, change the dosage and even brand. Do your research carefully, you can read our reviews of the best CBD oils, their benefits, and other CBD products to enlighten yourself about CBD.
- Crippa, José Alexandre S., et al. "Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report." Journal of psychopharmacology 25.1 (2011): 121-130.
- Blessing, Esther M., et al. "Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders." Neurotherapeutics 12.4 (2015): 825-836.
- Shannon, Scott, et al. "Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: a large case series." The Permanente Journal 23 (2019).
- Zuardi, Antônio Waldo, et al. "Effects of ipsapirone and cannabidiol on human experimental anxiety." Journal of Psychopharmacology 7.1_suppl (1993): 82-88.
- Skelley, Jessica W., et al. "Use of cannabidiol in anxiety and anxiety-related disorders." Journal of the American Pharmacists Association 60.1 (2020): 253-261.
- Zuardi, Antônio Waldo, et al. "Action of cannabidiol on the anxiety and other effects produced by Δ 9-THC in normal subjects." Psychopharmacology 76.3 (1982): 245-250.
- Shannon, Scott, and Janet Opila-Lehman. "Effectiveness of cannabidiol oil for pediatric anxiety and insomnia as part of posttraumatic stress disorder: a case report." The Permanente Journal 20.4 (2016).
Choose CBD Oil for Anxiety now
Tags: best time to take cbd oil, best full spectrum cbd oil, pure cbd powder, what is cbd distillate, buy cbd oil texas, cbd oil for cats aggression, cbd personal lubricant, best cbd oil for crohn's, cbd for epilepsy, legalizetion of cbd