How Long Does CBD Stay in Your System?
CBD products are popular these days. Whether you use them for their anti-anxiety properties, pain-relieving properties, or to focus, this popular compound is in a lot of different products. If you get drug tested for work, you may be wondering how long does CBD stays in your system.
While there’s no clear answer for everyone, it’s common for CBD to remain in your system for approximately 2-5 days after usage. This doesn’t apply to all users though, as some find that the compound stays in their system for weeks.
Keep on reading to explore how long CBD stays in your system and how long the CBD effects last.
Factors That Affect How CBD Stays in Your System
Whether you have CBD edibles or CBD oil in your system, the length of time the chemical is present will depend on a range of factors. To help you understand the possible factors that affect the length of time CBD isolates in your system, we’re going to go through the factors one by one.
- Dosage: The amount of CBD you ingest will affect the time it stays in your body. The higher the dose, the longer the CBD will be present in your system.
- Frequency: Similarly, to dosage, the more often you use CBD the longer it will be in your body. It’s true that CBD builds up in your body if you have frequent use over time. Experts suggest that you use it for a week to see if the effects benefit you. The less you use it the quicker it’ll be out of your system.
- Your body: Since we are all different, our body mass and size will affect the CBD compound in different ways. Your body’s water content or metabolism can affect how long CBD stays in your blood.
- Food: Like alcohol, CBD is also affected by how much you’ve eaten. When you take CBD with an empty stomach you’ll metabolize and eliminate it faster. On the other hand, if you take CBD with a fuller stomach, you’ll slow your digestion down.
- Methods: The method in which you take CBD is another factor in the amount of time it stays in your system. There is a wide range of ways to take CBD, so research and consider which method is best for your lifestyle.
Common Ways to Take CBD Include:
When you take CBD via a vape, it affects you quickly through your lungs. This also leaves your body very quickly too. When the compound is taken under the tongue via an oil it also gets absorbed quickly, however, this method causes CBD to be present in the body for longer too.
If you use CBD in creams or lotions, the compound will take longer to get into your body and it’ll also take longer to be eliminated too. If CBD is ingested via your digestive system, it will be metabolized and this can take a longer amount of time.
How Long Do CBD Effects Last?
When CBD is in your system, the effects can range from approximately 2 to 6 hours. Like most substances, the length of time the benefits and effects are present varies on the dosage, frequency of use, your individual body, if you’ve eaten, and how you’ve taken the CBD.
CBD oil in your system will last longer than CBD edibles, but this will always differ from person to person. If you’re not experienced with CBD, also go for a lower dose to see if your body reacts well to the substance first.
Does CBD Show on A Drug Test?
Usually, CBD will not show up on a drug test as these tests are designed to look for the THC compound. However, if your CBD product has added THC you will get a positive test result. Most CBD products do not contain THC but make sure to read the ingredients and check before you use them.
It’s difficult to give an answer to “how long does CBD stay in your system?” As the answer depends on a broad range of factors that differ from user to user. Different people will have different responses to the compound too, so it’s always advised that you start with low doses. It’s also advisable to stay away from CBD for up to 7 days before a blood test if you’re worried about getting a positive result — though these are uncommon.
CBD is a great compound that has an extensive range of benefits; however, you should always research the correct dosage to make sure you’re taking the right amount for you and your system. What do you think of CBD? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Tags: best way to take cbd oil, vegan friendly cbd gummies, cbn capsules, cbd oil pennsylvania, best cbd oil for candida, cbd gummies dosage, best cbd oil for back pain, cbd treatment for adhd, full spectrum cbd vape juice, cbd products for eczema