What Does Delta-8 THC Feel Like?
Delta-8 is one of several cannabinoids that are found in the Cannabis plant. Most people have heard of CBD and even THC, but possibly not Delta-8. You may be curious as to what exactly this substance is exactly and what effect it can have on you when you take it in. Read on to learn the answers to the questions of “What is Delta-8 and What does Delta-8 THC feel like?”
What is Delta-8?
Delta-8 is a cannabinoid that is similar in molecular structure and effects to another cannabinoid known as Delta-9. Cannabinoids are chemicals that affect the endocannabinoid system of the brain. Without getting into too many details, these different cannabinoid molecules attach to receptors on your nerve cells. It is the action at these receptors that causes some of the physiological and psychological effects that you experience.
It is important to note that Delta-8 is formally called Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol, but it is only present in small amounts in Cannabis. The Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol is the most important cannabinoid in terms of psychoactive effects that have concerned people. Delta-8 is a much weaker version of THC.
Delta-8 is legal for use in many states in the United States unlike Delta-9, which is the main chemical of Cannabis that is known to cause people to be intoxicated and high. Most Delta-8 is derived from hemp plants, which are in the same plant genus, Cannabis, as marijuana.
The Feeling You Get When Taking Delta-8 THC
Since Delta-8 is so similar to Delta-9 THC you may be curious about the feeling you get with Delta-8. Delta-8 THC is not a strong substance but it is helpful because people say it helps them to feel relaxed and at peace.
- Delta-8 THC helps people who are feeling anxious.
- Because it helps calm you down, the Delta-8 helps with stress and even insomnia.
- You are able to feel sleepy when it is time to go to bed.
- Delta-8 keeps your mind clear so it doesn’t cause you any mental brain fog.
The substance starts to work gradually after you take it, so you don’t suddenly feel too relaxed. This is a safer option in many regards compared with the Delta-9 which is what makes people feel high and has minor side effects.
Side Effects of Delta-8 and Delta-9 THC
Even though Delta-8 is mild there are a few minor side effects that you may experience. The side effects of Delta-8 THC are listed here:
- Feeling tired or experiencing some drowsiness
- Dryness in the mouth
- Dry eyes
- Feeling a little bit high
Delta-9 has similar side effects but they are more extreme because this type of THC is potent. Further unpleasant side effects of Delta-9, which are much less likely if you take Delta-8 include the following:
How Long Does a Delta-8 High Last?
Delta-8 causes a feeling of being high although it is not as strong as Delta-9. This feeling of euphoria is pleasant and helps a person feel calm and at peace. Exactly how quickly the chemical has an effect and how long it lasts depends on the form it is ingested in. How long the feeling you get from the THC lasts varies depending on your tolerance level and potency of the actual Delta-8 THC. The effects may last from just over 2 hours to up to 4 or 5 hours.
- Vaping Delta-8: Vaping Delta-8 will have a quicker effect. Usually, within a couple of minutes, you will start to feel a bit high along with the feeling of relaxation. The reason for this fairly fast onset is that the inhaling of the THC allows for quick uptake into the bloodstream. From there the substance quickly passes into the brain where it starts to bind to the appropriate receptors and brings about a response.
- Delta-8 Gummies: If you instead take in THC by eating some Delta-8 gummies, the effect is slower. This is because the gummies first need to be digested and taken across the walls of the gut and into the bloodstream. If you have eaten a heavy meal at the same time or a short time before eating the gummies, the digestion and absorption of the gummies and their components, not surprisingly, take longer.
- Delta-8 Tinctures: The benefit of taking in Delta-8 in a tincture form is that it is of higher bioavailability than gummies so, in other words, it is absorbed much faster. The advantage of this is faster absorption is that you can start to feel the effects more quickly. This is why ingesting the THC in tincture form rather than in gummy form may be better if you find the gummies take too long to work. Tinctures are taken by simply placing the substance under the tongue where it can already quickly be taken up sublingually, that is through the membranes of the mouth.
Delta-8 is a form of THC that has similar effects to Delta-9 THC but has the benefit of being milder without the most unpleasant side effects of THC. It helps you feel calm and peaceful. The form you take it in will determine how quickly you feel the effects.
I hope you found this article helpful and insightful. Do not pass up the chance to look at our best CBD reviews to find the product that will be most suitable for what you want and what you can afford.
Tags: best time to take cbd oil, cbd oil for cats with kidney disease, cbd oil products, cbd infused black tea bags, cbd suppositories hemorrhoids, cbd dosage for bipolar, cbd in north carolina, cannabis beauty products, cbd balm to relieve muscle twitching, cbd dose for sciatica