If you’ve explored the CBD world, you’ve realized by now that there are tons of ways to take pleasure from the cannabis plants. With so many variations and formulas to try, it can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning to determine where to begin.
Best CBD Concentrates in 2023
Ingredients: Pure CBD Isolate Crystals. THC-Free
Ingredients: CBD Pure Isolate
Ingredients: MCT, CBD Oil, natural flavor
Ingredients: Organically grown hemp extract solidified from pure broad spectrum CBD oil
Ingredients: Organically grown hemp extract solidified from pure broad spectrum CBG wax
View all CBD Concentrates
In current years, CBD concentrates have boomed in the market. Those who’re new to this term may strike similarity with shatter, oil and dab. If you are wishing to know more about this product, let me tell you, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading and discover its types, uses, risks and more.
Also, surf through our top 5 products to choose an apt concentrate.
What are CBD Concentrates?
CBD concentrates contain the highest potency of CBD level. Basically, the products are made from isolate, which is pure marijuana extracts, having 99% of the original weed. When hemp enthusiasts consume concentrates, they generally take in a large amount of marijuana. As they have no potential side effects, ingesting huge amounts will not cause any threat to the body.
What are Its Various Types?
Concentrates form the base of the CBD oil which weed lovers usually use. On purchasing, you can check the label where compounds and oil are mentioned. CBD oil concentrates are split into the following category:
- Crystal and isolate;
The content of cannabidiol oil ranges between 45 to 99 percent, depending on the way it has been extracted. Explore our review section to have better insights into our concentrated CBD oils.
A Detailed Study on the Concentrates Kinds
- Shatter comes in honey or amber color.
- CBD shatter is known as the purest forms of high concentrate CBD oil, with more than 95% of the strength.
- Due to its glass-like consistency, shatter appears smooth but a little sticky.
- It’s made into thin sheets similar to toffees and candies.
- Butane is used during the extraction process.
- It goes through an extra filtration method to ensure that the CBD shatter is unadulterated.
- CBD wax is soft and highly potent.
- It’s extracted via carbon dioxide or through the winterization process. The latter technique purifies the oil by eliminating waxes where the marijuana-rich extracts are dipped in alcohol, followed by heating.
- Freezing is done to remove the cuticle waxes.
- Wax is mostly used in CBD pens and sometimes in tropical creams.
- It looks yellowish and can be extremely sticky or crumblier like honey.
- If the wax is gooey, you can be sure that it is loaded with intense moisture oils, often referred to as budder.
No matter which consistency you pick, you’ll love the outcome. If you don’t believe it, you can go through our CBD concentrate reviews and make a choice.
- CBD distillate is known for its versatility, neutral taste and strength.
- It’s made with an extra step of filtration where the marijuana plants go through carbon dioxide extraction, separating terpenes, cannabinoids and other oils from the hemp oil.
- In the next step, chlorophyll and THC are removed from the oil.
- Terpenes are added to the oil without using solvents to enhance its texture.
- Depending on its refinement, distillate looks yellow or honey color and is mostly used in cartridges and edibles.
In short, distillate is nothing but a pure extract of the cannabis plant, crowning it as the best CBD concentrate in the marijuana community. When distilled, the liquid gets crystallized and reaches a purity of more than 60%.
- CBD crumble can have almost 99% of the concentration.
- Using the CO2 extraction process and later distilled, crumble contains almost zero THC.
- Crumble has a soft texture.
- It’s used on vape pens and edibles.
- Sometimes, terpenes and fancy aroma are added to enhance the profile.
Crystal and Isolate
- Crystals are nothing but pure isolate rocks of cannabis which are blended with terpenes.
- CBD drops concentrate with more than 60% potency naturally crystallizes.
Why do people love this? It’s because of their essence and purity, making dabbing feels like bliss. Isolate contains almost 99% of CBD with no cannabinoids compounds, terpenes and other additives and mostly found in vape juice. Browse through our product section and odds are that our featured vape juices are isolate-CBD.
More choices available
- Rosin is a bit different and is extracted without using butane.
- In fact, the maximum doesn't know that it is made from heat and pressure applied to the hemp kief and buds to exterminate the resin.
- There are no solvents present.
- Rosin is made with different fragrances and terpenes, making it a favorite among the weed lovers.
Though this can be made at home, it is recommended to purchase a high-quality one from a CBD store.
- Hash is the most common form of concentrate.
- It has been in the market for a long time.
- It has more potency than buds and flowers.
- Hash is either vaped or combined with regular hemp.
The simplest way of manufacturing it is by compressing kief together, making it look like pucks. Sometimes, other forms of hash are prepared using ice water and then sieved to gather marijuana extracts from the plants.
Concentrate and Extract: What’s the Difference?
The key difference between CBD concentrates and extracts is the way trichomes are gathered. All extracts are concentrates made using carbon dioxide, alcohol and more. On the other hand, concentrates are prepared without solvents where physical and mechanical methods are used to remove and collect trichomes.
Rick Simpson Oil, Butane Hash Oil and carbon dioxide extracted weed wax are common extracts though each has different textures like, crumble, shatter and budder. Kief, rosin and dry sift are created without solvents and are examples of concentrates.
Why Should You Intake: the Main Reasons
Consuming CBD hemp oil concentrate daily promotes curative benefits and you introduce high-quality marijuana into your system. When your body absorbs cannabidiol oil, it mixes with the endocannabinoid system, regulating different body functions and balancing homeostasis.
CBD oil comprises varying nutrients, such as vitamins A, C, B12, E, phosphorus, calcium and potassium which further encourages health and wellness. Take a look at our product list to know more about the ingredients and CBD concentrate benefits.
How Can You Consume CBD Concentrate?
- Bowl topping - Looking for some extra kick? Give a try to bowl topping! In this method, you can use concentrates with flowers. The bonus is that you enjoy the weed without over-consuming it. Ideally made for beginners, you can take a pipe or a bong to take in the concentrate from a bowl. Mostly, bubble hash is used for bowl topping but don’t apply excess heat.
- Dabbing - This is one of the most primary techniques where you need a dab rig to consume the best cannabis concentrate. Get a borosilicate glass rig and fill it with water. Put the banger on the rig’s joint and heat it till it starts to glow. Next, add the concentrate and be ready to dab. Practically, all you need to do is inhale the vapor from the banger.
- Vaporizer - Marijuana lovers are going gaga over vape pens because these devices are small portable and can be used on the go. You will get cartridges which when heated produce vapor for you to inhale. Choose a specific temperature, heat the CBD oil and fill your lungs with the vapor.
Our review section can further improve your knowledge of CBD concentrates and consumption.
What are the Storage Options?
If you don’t want the concentrates to dry out, store them properly. Here’s how you’re going to do it.
- Parchment paper - Concentrates can stick to the surface, especially the ones which has a soft gooey texture. To prevent this, put it on parchment paper and fold it.
- Silicone containers - These are actually designed to keep these products. The best part about these jars is they are non-sticky, easy to clean, reusable, robust and offer the perfect temperature to store the concentrates. You can directly take the concentrate from it and start puffing.
- Other alternatives - Many dispensaries sell plastic and glass jars. Make sure that they are non-sticky and made from tempered glasses.
Try Out for Yourself!
The varying choices of concentrates are good enough to make you feel relaxed and happy. No wonder why people are crazy over cannabidiol. Whether you go with distillate or crystal or wax, CBD is never going to disappoint you. You are surely going to enjoy long-lasting effects and other remedial benefits offered by the products.
Are you a daredevil? Check our top product list and give all the variations a try! As it comes with no side effects, hence, don’t be scared. Our products’ reviews are further going to clear all your doubts and fears.
Choose CBD Concentrates now
- Bidwell, L. Cinnamon, et al. "Exploring cannabis concentrates on the legal market: User profiles, product strength, and health-related outcomes." Addictive behaviors reports 8 (2018): 102-106.
- Layton, Catharine E., and Andrew J. Aubin. "Method validation for assay determination of cannabidiol isolates." Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies 41.3 (2018): 114-121.
- Russo, Ethan B. "Cannabidiol claims and misconceptions." Trends in pharmacological sciences 38.3 (2017): 198-201.
- Nicholson, Anthony N., et al. "Effect of Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol on nocturnal sleep and early-morning behavior in young adults." Journal of clinical psychopharmacology 24.3 (2004): 305-313.
- Hamelink, Carol, et al. "Comparison of cannabidiol, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity." Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 314.2 (2005): 780-788.
Tags: the best cbd oil, cbd for seniors, water soluble cbd in tea bags, buying cbd locally in florida, cbd oil and autism, where buy cbd oil in california, tampons with cbd, cbd oil treatment for copd, cbd infused coffee k-cups, cbd oil strength for beginners