CBD Tinctures: Benefits & Dosage
A tincture is an alcohol extract that is mixed with varied other solvents. Available in a concentrated form, Tinctures make the quickest way to feel the effect, since it is in its purest form and is absorbed quickly, leaving a relaxing sensation in the body. You can use the tincture in your salad dressings, smoothies, or soups; or it can be consumed by putting a few drops under the tongue (sublingually).
Best CBD Tinctures in 2021
Flavor: Pink Grapefruit
Ingredients: Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 30ml or 1fl ounces
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Servings per bottle: 30
CBD per Serving: 20mg
Directions: Use sublingually under the tongue; hold for 90secs for complete absorption into the sublingual artery
Ingredients: MCT Oil ( organic Fractionated Coconut Oil), CBD Isolate, Carophylene & Beta Myrcene
Recommended Serving: 1-2 pcs. Do not exceed 3 pcs every six hours.
Ingredients: Medium-chain triglyceride Oil, Natural Cannabidiol (CBD) Isolate
Ingredients: Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and Organic Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract
Product Life: 18-month shelf-stable
Directions: As a supplement, use twice daily. Can be consumed by placing a small amount (8-12 drops) under your tongue for 20 seconds, then swallowing.
Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Industrial Hemp Cannabidiol, Artificial Flavors
Brand: HealthSmart CBD
Ingredients: Hemp Oil Extract (CBD)
Ingredients: Hemp (seed) Oil, Cannabidiol Hemp Extract, Peppermint Flavor
Ingredients: Organic MCT Oil (coconut), Full Spectrum Hemp Extract (<0.3% THC)
View all CBD CBD Tinctures
What is a CBD Tincture?
Cannabidiol molecule is found in the cannabis plant and, now it has found its way to medical and therapeutic applications. By steeping the cannabis flowers and isolating in alcohol arrangement, CBD tincture oil is produced. There are different compounds in cannabis and the active ones are infused upon low heat. This process leads to the production of an extremely potent oil that is overflowing with several health benefits. In simpler language, tinctures are the extracts of hemp (in liquid form) that can be easily combined with alcohol, cinnamon/peppermint oil, or even glycerin. CBD tincture can be considered as one of the most popular forms in which CBD can be consumed.
CBD’s complete spectrum of abilities to improve human health is still being discovered by the medical professionals, researchers, and scientists too. The studies in recent times have shown immensely great results of CBD Tincture and few of them are as below:
- CBD Tinctures act as the fastest responders to treat acne, allergies, eczema, and psoriasis.
- CBD is found to have anti-inflammatory properties and is widely used for treating acute pain along with chronic conditions.
- Many people use CBD Tinctures topically to get rid of muscle pain. It helps to trigger the small and large group of muscles to alleviate the pain.
- CBD tinctures have the potential to heal arthritis or joint pain, anxiety, depression, nausea, sleep disorders, migraines and headaches, asthma, post-traumatic stress disorder.
- It also proves beneficial in reducing the seizure frequency in epilepsy.
Types of CBD tincture
This, as the name suggests, the cannabis preparation done to sell on a large scale can be termed as commercial. What makes it different is that the procedure includes varied commercial extraction methods followed by strict quality checking to ensure optimum purity. CBD tinctures have an alcohol base that acts as the best preservative for CBD, and thus, it helps to increase the shelf life of tincture than that of oils. It is recommended to store CBD in a cool dry place and not be exposed to direct light. It is easy to take CBD Tincture, there are different methods as listed below:
- Sublingually: Most people find it easy to take CBD Tincture sublingually, which is simply placing it under your tongue to see the fastest results; this can be done using a dropper. Commercially sold tinctures have a dropper with it for easy intake. You need to hold it under your tongue for at least 60 seconds before you swallow it. Within a few minutes, CBD Tincture will have its impact and is absorbed completely into the bloodstream. But this method does not work for everyone, you might not able to hold it for too long.
- Food or Beverages: When CBD tincture is ingested via food or beverages, it might take time to feel the aftereffect, but yes, you can drizzle over salads, or on your favorite meal. It is always recommended to read the dosage, which is mentioned on the label itself. Not everyone would like the taste of the CBD Tincture (CBD itself has an earthy flavor), so you need to be careful with it.
- Topically: Though it is rarely being used to rub over the skin, but people use the CBD tinctures to relieve muscle spasms, joint pain, arthritis, or simply to keep their skin healthy.
High Potency Full-Spectrum CBD
Now, tinctures can be categorized based on the availability of different chemical compounds. Full-spectrum CBD contains almost all of the compounds that are naturally present in cannabis, which includes CBD, terpenes, flavonoids, THC, CBG, and other molecular compounds too. These compounds have their exclusive scents and flavors. The main difference is that the full spectrum contains THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). It is often known as the whole plant extract, which is highly effective too.
CBD Isolate Tinctures
Unlike other types of tinctures, Isolate CBD tinctures exclude all other cannabinoids, healthy fatty acids, terpenes, or molecular compounds. It contains pure CBD molecules and no other compounds. This makes it versatile for usage and is highly preferred by everyone. Isolate is comparatively less effective than broad- or full-spectrum.
When it comes to broad-spectrum CBD Tinctures, it has the full plant hemp extract but, the differentiating factor is the absence of THC. Unlike the Isolate CBD tinctures, which has pure CBD, Broad Spectrum CBD has different beneficial compounds except for THC, which is removed during the initial extraction process.
The choice of solvent is always there – though alcohol is most commonly used, there are tinctures available with different solvents as a base - the non-alcoholic solvents (the best alternatives) for those having sensitivity to alcohol. If we go by traditions, tinctures are always made using alcohol, which tends to be the main solvent base. The high CBD strains of quality hemp in combination with the alcohol as the base makes a high-quality CBD Tincture. The presence of alcohol also contributes to increasing the shelf life of CBD, seems like alcohol is a preservative that boosts CBD’s lifespan.
For someone reluctant to take alcohol-based Tinctures, there is another alternative to that. Glycerin, which is a clear liquid from palm, soy, and coconuts, can also be used as the solvent for making tinctures. This is less effective than that of alcohol-based tinctures.
This is another simple and easy alternative if you wish to switch from alcohol-based tinctures. Using vegetable oils like sunflower, coconut or even olive oil can be used as the solvent.
CBD Flavored Tinctures
The taste of both CBD Tincture and CBD oil differs a lot. CBD Oil has a very unpleasant taste and many people do not like it for this reason. While CBD tincture seems to be available in different invigorating flavors like peach, blueberry, mint, pineapple, lemon, coffee, vanilla, and chocolate. Most people do not hesitate to take CBD tinctures sublingually (direct under the tongue). CBD oil when ingested orally can leave an unpleasant oily taste, since it has an oil-based carrier.
There are infinite flavors available for CBD Tinctures, but few of them, the most popular ones, are listed below:
Feel the chocolaty aroma with a dash of mint that is sure to make you feel refreshed and relaxed. Chocolate Mint infused CBD Tinctures are the best go-to options for someone who loves chocolate. For this purpose, naturally derived high-quality chocolate and mint extracts are used.
Mint is known for providing the much-required freshness and, what’s better than combining it with CBD? The combination is sure to do magic upon ingestion and is widely preferred by people. The health benefits of CBD combined with the freshness of Mint is a perfect combination.
More choices available
Coffee Flavor CBD Tinctures
A fresh roasted, delicious coffee flavor is sure to make your day. Especially for the coffee lovers, this combination is sure to bring a huge smile to your face, while giving you the health benefits of CBD too. A must-have CBD Tincture to be added to your fitness regime.
A hint of coffee infused with the flavorsome vanilla along with high-quality CBD brings out the best Vanilla-Coffee CBD Tincture for your everyday consumption.
Blueberry CBD Tinctures
Keep the stress away with sweet blueberry flavored CBD Tincture that tastes amazing. The aroma of blueberry infused CBD Tincture enhances the calming effect and wipes off your stress and anxiety too.
A refreshing lemon flavor that is brimming up with the benefits of CBD makes a perfect combination to try. A perfectly balanced flavor with a punch of lemon is ideal to be included in your routine.
It is packed with a powerful sour punch, the candy-sweet flavor is sure to give you the goodness of natural blue raspberries.
This procedure of making hemp tinctures at home might take time, but yes, people have tried this method and to your surprise, CBD Tinctures can also be made at home. This is called herbal cannabis preparation at home. The plant material, which can be either leaves, stem, or even the flower of the hemp plant, is dissolved in the solvent of your choice (alcohol or non-alcoholic). You can use alcohol or even oil as a carrier. This is an easy and quick way of making Cannabis-Infused Tincture at home. Just as you would ingest commercial CBD Tincture, the same way, homemade hemp-infused CBD tinctures can be consumed:
- Sublingually: This method is not for everyone, specifically those who would not like to ingest full-spectrum hemp tincture directly. Since you can not calculate the potency of a homemade tincture, making a tincture at home with alcohol can create a burning sensation upon ingestion. So, be careful with the dosage you take.
- Food and Drinks: You can simply drizzle the homemade hemp tincture over your salads, pasta, pizza, or even in your drinks too. Since alcohol-based CBD tincture is easy to dissolve, it can be used by mixing in your favorite meal. But be cautious with the quantity and concentration.
Although it is found from studies that CBD does not affect your body and doesn’t make you feel stoned, but this also varies from person to person. Homemade hemp-infused tinctures will only leave you with a full spectrum tincture that has each and every compound, inclusive of THC, other cannabinoids, CBG, CBN, unlike commercial CBD tinctures, where you can simply buy high-quality CBD tinctures with pure CBD compounds in it. A full-spectrum homemade hemp tincture is not for those who are reluctant to take THC or any other compounds present in the hemp plant.
CBD Tincture Dosage
When you buy a CBD tincture, it will come with a dropper that has its measurement marked on it. Most of the time, the measurements on the dropper range between 0.05-1 milliliter.
Regarding dosage, the amount you can take can vary based on how strong the CBD tincture is. Most of the time, experts recommend taking 2.5-5 milligrams, but the dosage can vary based on why you take it. To know the proper dosage, always consult a medical expert or doctor first before using.
How to Take CBD Tincture
If you're planning on taking a CBD tincture, then you can only do so sublingually. This means you should drop the tincture onto your tongue, as per the dosage instructions. But before you do so, you should shake the bottle first and then measure out your dosage.
Ideally, it would help if you let the tincture stay on your tongue for 90 seconds up to 2 minutes to have an effect. On the contrary, if you immediately swallow the tincture, it will take longer to have an effect, as it must pass through your digestive system.
When you let it stay on your tongue, it allows the blood vessels in your mouth to absorb it. You should feel the effects as little as 15 minutes up to 1 hour afterward when doing this. Once it's absorbed, you can swallow the remaining CBD tincture.
After you've done this, you should wait for 60-90 minutes to fully feel the effects of the CBD tincture dosage. If you feel you need more, then repeat the above and wait again. One of the best ways to maximize the absorption of a CBD tincture is to consume it alongside a high-fat meal or snack. The reason for this is, CBD is fat-soluble and drastically increases fat absorption.
Tips for Looking for the Best CBD Tincture
Even Though CBD tincture is available from many pharmacies and is at many drugstores; it does not mean it's entirely effective or safe. CBD tincture is not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, meaning you have to spend some time thinking about it before buying. When looking to buy CBD tincture, you should consider the following:
- Certificates: Regardless of the CBD tincture manufacturer, it would help if you always looked for existing and previous certificates that support their manufacturing process. Ideally, they should also include a comprehensive certificate of analysis.
- Potency: Always check the amount of CBD and THC (depending on the tincture) is mentioned on the label and the same as mentioned on the certificate of analysis. You will want to pick a potency that is right for your condition, age, and medical issues.
- Cannabinoid profile: Look for the number of cannabinoids in each CBD tincture bottle. If you want to buy a full spectrum CBD tincture, it should only contain less than 0.3% of cannabis. However, if you want to buy a broad spectrum, you should know that it should contain no THC, but it may contain terpenes, cannabigerol, and cannabinol. Finally, CBD tincture isolate should only have CBD.
- Contaminants: Take your time to review what contaminants are in it as they could potentially harm your body. At the least, you will want to make sure they contain no pesticides, molds, and metals. The best way to check is by seeing if they have a certificate to prove this.
- Date: CBD tinctures should never be over a year old; always check the date before buying.
- Reviews: Always check reviews from other users before buying. This will give you an insight into how effective and strong the CBD tincture may be.
CBD in Your Routine
It is always recommended to consult before including CBD in your wellness routine. When you are already on your medications, then there are negligible-to-high chances that CBD might react with it.
It is extremely important to listen to your body first and then use CBD tincture in your routine. Although it is really easy to use a CBD Tincture, understanding how your body reacts is equally important to feel the comfort and relief after ingestion.
How to Make Your Own Tincture?
You need to have a few things ready before you start making your hemp-infused tincture. Use a clear mason jar, baking sheet, high-proof alcohol, cheesecloth, parchment paper, grinder, oven, and of course hemp flower. Also, keep a separate jar or bottle to keep your final product in. But, preparing a tincture at home needs patience and time, so, don’t be in a hurry.
Simply start by taking your hemp flower, and grind it into a fine consistency, followed by spreading it over the baking sheet, lined up with parchment paper. Now, simply bake it for 30-45 minutes in the oven – at around 220 deg. F. This process is known as decarboxylation, which helps in the extraction process and brings out the cannabis’s medicinal properties. Let it cool. Now, take your mason jar, fill it with the alcohol, and mix the ground hemp flower into it. Now, the next step requires your patience, let this mix sit for a few weeks and keep it away from the sunlight. Leave it unattended, and only mix it once every day. Now, after this time period, use a cheesecloth and strain the mix into a separate bottle, preferably with a dropper. And that’s it, you have your hemp-infused tincture ready! Or if you cannot wait for weeks, you can even boil it and strain it followed by pouring in the bottle for use.
Most people have found to feel the effect of it within 20-30 minutes of consumption via food, while it lasts for nearly 6-7 hours (depending on the dosage). Though CBD Tinctures are brimming up with health benefits, improper or extremely high doses can bounce back on your health too. Few of the side effects include dry mouth, nausea, fatigue, headache, low blood pressure, dizziness, or diarrhea.
There is no particular time to have CBD Tincture. It completely depends on you, either have it in the morning to have a jolt of energy with complete relaxation. While some people tend to take it only when required to deal with pain. If you are a newbie, start with a lower dosage. You can take 1 or 2 drops, while increasing or decreasing the frequency and concentration, as per the requirements. You might not feel anything in the starting if you are too low on the dosage, that helps you get familiar with the amount of dose you need to take each time to get the desired results. And this is how you listen to your body’s requirement to feel more restored, both mentally and physically. Don’t be in a hurry when ingesting CBD Tincture.
- Sieber, Aryn, et al. "(CAM04) The Effects of CBD: THC Tincture Oil in Reducing Symptoms and Overall Symptom Management Medication Dosages, in Persons with Multiple Sclerosis." International Journal of MS Care 22 (2020).
- Park, Jeremy. "The Potential Ergogenic Effects of CBD and How the ECS Combats Performance Deficits from Overtraining."
- Tran, Tung, and Ramakanth Kavuluru. "Social media surveillance for perceived therapeutic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) products." International Journal of Drug Policy 77 (2020): 102688.
- Treese, Natalie M. "Pharmacist’s Guide to CBD Oil." US Pharm 45.3 (2020): 20-23.
Choose CBD Tinctures now
Tags: best cbd oil, full spectrum cbd distillate, how to use cbd oil for weight loss, canabis wine, cbd soda effects, cbd oil side effects diarrhea, difference between cbd and cbn, cbd chocolate bar, cbd capsules for pain, cbd crystals review