Best CBD Cream: Is It Effective & How to Choose It?
CBD has come across as a recent revolutionary phenomenon in the medical world. The usage of the therapeutic compound began almost a decade ago with just CBD oils. As the usage of cannabinoid gained momentum among individuals, other products surfaced. You can have CBD gummies, lollipops, tinctures, vapes and a lot more. Apart from the edibles, CBD can also be used topically, in the form of bath bombs, lotions and creams.
CBD creams for the skin are quickly becoming one of the most popular options among CBD based products. CBD creams are intended to address troubled areas and promote skin and joint protection when applied directly to the skin.
Cannabidiol or CBD, as it is known popularly, belongs to the family of marijuana family. It is extracted from the cannabis compound. The wide misconception some people may have about CBD is that it causes a ‘high’ effect, considering its association with the cannabis plant. Although this myth has started busting, it is important to know that CBD does not lead to any such effect. For this reason, its usage is increasingly supported by medical experts around the world. When you consider using CBD cream for pain, there must be many questions such as which is the best CBD cream? How effective are CBD creams? This article is an exploration to clear your doubts regarding CBD usage. So read ahead to know more.
A Broad Overview
No one needs to think twice about the fact that CBD creams are gaining popularity. These topical CBD based solutions like creams, work in a similar way as other CBD products. It all comes down to how CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system or ECS of the human body, produced naturally. If you consider the structure, these compounds are similar to cannabinoids present in cannabis, like CBD and THC. The cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 are the two forms of cannabinoid receptors.
These receptors, which can be found all over the body, has been known to have two major functions. For starters, they regulate the effects of the human body's endocannabinoids. Secondly, they regulate the effects of cannabis-derived cannabinoids. Broadly, this positive interaction with the body receptors makes CBD an effective agent for improving overall health. It especially works well for anxiety and stress-generated problems. CBD creams are one step ahead of other products because you can use them for massage and muscle relaxation.
Are CBD Creams Effective?
The answer is yes. Many individuals have seen massive positive changes in their daily routines because they included a perfectly suitable CBD cream in their lifestyles. Listed below are some of the benefits of CBD oil cream.
- The Soothing Feeling: CBD creams have shown pleasantly surprising results for those who seek relaxation. You just have to start with a small quantity and gently rub the cream over the body to see the results. After a full day of work, it is so important to relax and CBD cream can help you with that. Some brands also offer creams with several essential oils such as lavender and eucalyptus essential oils. These oils are instrumental for added skin-soothing and relaxation benefits. Please note that it is advisable to see your doctor and confirm once before using the chosen CBD cream. Your doctor is usually well-versed with your medical history regarding skin allergies and any hidden conditions, which may get triggered by the use of CBD cream.
- CBD Cream for Joint Pain Relief: Stiffness in joints is a common problem throughout the world. One major cause of it is sitting for hours in one place. Whenever you feel stiffness in joints or sudden pain, take a blob on your finger and rub it slowly over the effective area. You will be able to see a change within a few days. On that note, it is important to know that each body works differently. Hence, the effects of the CBD cream will also be different. You may notice a massive change in the pain in one/ two days or it may take more than a week. You may choose creams that are free of any artificial fragrance. Usually, individuals who are sensitive to artificial odors, select fragrance-free CBD creams.
- CBD Cream for Glowing Skin: Human skin is an interesting area of study. While most individuals make efforts for glowing skin, they tend to undermine the importance of healthy skin. Rather, everyone should focus on healthy skin and CBD creams can be quite helpful for maintaining healthy skin.
The skin is thought to have its own endocannabinoid system or ECS that works properly. There are scientific pieces of research that suggest that the skin has its own ECS, which is responsible for a variety of skin processes. Cannabinoids like CBD are thought to spontaneously inhibit and benefit the ECS, which is one of the reasons CBD is thought to help with so many different things. Given that the skin has its own ECS as well as a high concentration of cannabinoid receptors that interact with cannabinoids like CBD, it's easier to understand how CBD creams could function effectively for maintaining healthy skin.
Choosing the Best CBD Cream
The CBD market is brimming with so many products from different brands. However, there is no need to get all haywire with so many brands and products. You can easily choose what suits you best. Just consider a few below-mentioned important things when you head to buy CBD cream for yourself.
The Extraction Process of CBD
The process used to remove CBD from hemp has a major effect on the finished product. This is why it is essential to note the extraction process before you plan to pick CBD cream for pain relief. To remove CBD from hemp, you must apply pressure to the plant, which allows the plant to lend out the oils it contains.
When you are looking at an array of CBD creams, instead of butane extraction, search for those who use an extraction method known as supercritical CO2 extraction. The extraction of supercritical CO2 is more beneficial. It is a natural extraction method that means the extracted oil is abundant in cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, all of which contribute to a high-quality product.
The Growing Process of Hemp
High-quality hemp is the base of all premium-quality CBD products. It is important to note that not all hemp is grown equally. You must have knowledge of where the hemp, used for making a particular CBD product, was grown. The hemp produced in nutrient-rich soil without the use of pesticides or herbicides is ideal. Hemp is highly known for its absorbent qualities.
Phytoremediation is the process of hemp soaking up everything in the soil it is rooted in. By this process, it becomes crucial to know about the land it is grown in. Toxic chemicals used to produce hemp may transfer to your CBD products, reducing the wellness-promoting properties of the natural compound.
Keep Your Personal Needs a Priority
It is significant and worth it to ask yourself why you are looking for a CBD cream in the first place? Is it for healthy skin that you are getting a CBD cream or the cream is needed for joint relief? There are multiple types of creams available for different needs. You just need to focus on your pick.
- Sarker, Satyajit D., and Lutfun Nahar. "Cannabidiol (CBD)–An update." Trends in Phytochemical Research 4.1 (2020): 1-2.
- Geiwitz, James. "THC in hemp foods and cosmetics: the appropriate risk assessment." (2001).
- Huber, Susanne, et al. "Novel Room Temperature Ionic Liquid for Liquid-Phase Microextraction of Cannabidiol from Natural Cosmetics." Separations 7.3 (2020): 45.
- VanDolah, Harrison J., Brent A. Bauer, and Karen F. Mauck. "Clinicians’ guide to cannabidiol and hemp oils." Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Vol. 94. No. 9. Elsevier, 2019.
- Stinchcomb, Audra L., et al. "Human skin permeation of Δ8‐tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol." Journal of pharmacy and pharmacology 56.3 (2004): 291-297.
Tags: best rated cbd oil, cbd oil for vape pen, cbd treatment for schizophrenia, cbd oil for anxiety, cbd treatment for adhd, how to use cbd oil for sleep, high potency cbd gummies, vaping cbd juice, cbd health benefits, cbd cream for face