CBD Oil for Epilepsy
CBD oil is a mixture of Cannabidiol compounds and correct oil like coconut. Epilepsy is a form of seizure caused by electrical activities in the brain occurring at inappropriate times. CBD is the perfect treatment for epileptic people. CBD for Epilepsy is a chemical obtained from the cannabis plant used to manage chronic pain, Epilepsy, and seizures. This CBD oil for Epilepsy works by; modifying body functions through interacting with the receptors in one's endocannabinoid.
Below is the list of our top 10 tables.
CBD as the Treatment means
CBD oil for Epilepsy is not psychoactive since it can heal Epilepsy without mind-altering effects because it lacks THC. The oil helps to relax your body and keep your mind calm. It reduces pain in the body. It promotes healthy living by helping one regain consciousness. Cannabinoids in the treatment of Epilepsy have proven to be effective since it absorbs quickly in the bloodstream.
The CBD oil has a Full Spectrum of CBD and undergoes some lab tests to ensure that it is free from any form of contaminants. It is non-GMO with no sweeteners or preservatives. Moreover, the ingredients are safe and hygienic. The packaging is desirable and can be taken with meals or as suggested by your doctor. Some of the CBD oils are full of essential vitamins, omega, and fatty acids, stimulating brain activity and balancing the immune system.
With all elements like terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids, the full-spectrum CBD oil for Epilepsy very effective. It is so potent, and it comes from the quality of ingredients. We get CBD oil using the purest method of extraction to ensure no metals.
CBD oil can treat people with different forms of Epilepsy; hence it is recommendable even by doctors.
The Best for Epilepsy
Many CBD oils are common in marijuana dispensaries. Some are the best cannabis for Epilepsy, which are sterile solutions derived from the CBD plant. The US Food and Drug Administration has approved some of the CBD oils recommended for children over two and adults.
These CBD oils effectively treat Lennox Gastaut and Dravet syndromes, forming forms of Epilepsy. They also treat tuberous sclerosis complex, which is a genetic disorder. This CBD oil helps in reducing pain by reducing inflammation by impacting the endocannabinoid receptor. Moreover, they have biochemical effects on brain cells.
These CBD oils are not among the list of controlled substances, so it is now easy for doctors to prescribe them. They contain the active ingredient Cannabidiol, and it is available as a brand-name medication. Though the drugs are expensive, they are the perfect CBD treatment for Epilepsy, and they require help from the doctor for effective and safe use.
However, some of them cause fatigue, drowsiness, feeling weak, loss of appetite, diarrhea, skin rash, trouble sleeping, and malaise. The adverse side effects include sleepiness, allergic reaction, suicidal thoughts, and liver problems.
Factors to Consider When Choosing CBD Treatment
- The ingredients: CBD products contain every compound found in the marijuana plant. For better results, full-spectrum CBD will be a perfect choice. Its concentration defines its ability and limits its therapeutic effect. The full-spectrum CBD is the ultimate CBD oil for Epilepsy since it contains terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids elements. A third-party lab test is carried out to ensure free from all contaminants and safe for consumption.
- The price: The cost of CBD Oil is quite expensive and varies depending on many factors. Full-spectrum CBD oil is more costly due to its wide array of elements. Its potency also matters in price value since the CBD strength increases the effectiveness, increasing weight, hence growing price.
- Doctor's advice: People suffering from seizures are on other medications. CBD oil gets in the bloodstream faster than the other drugs; hence it decreases their metabolism. Some increase the episodes if the drugs are not metabolized since they become toxic in the body. It is therefore essential to inform your doctor before consuming any CBD oil to get your medication adjusted.
- The source of hemp and the extraction process: The CBD Oil comes from the hemp plant. It is essential to check whether the hemp was grown using the proper guidelines. If the plant is not well taken care of, it will be prone to pesticides and other chemical substances that are likely to end up in the CBD oil.
The CO2 extraction method is preferable if one wants to end up with the purest form of CBD since it is non-toxic and environmentally friendly. Besides, it leaves no traces of impurities, toxins, and other contaminants.
CBD for Child Epilepsy
Most children can benefit from using CBD especially whose symptoms don't respond well to other treatment. Intake of Cannabis oil with a low amount of THC or none is preferable in treating seizures in children under the doctor's prescription. The Lennox –Gastaut syndrome is the most common form of childhood epilepsy.
The administration of 20mg/kg of CBD oil results in fewer seizures by 44%. Those given 10mg/kg and 20mg/kg have fewer attacks by 37%. CBD oil for child epilepsy 5 helps reduce seizure frequency in children. However, ensure that the CBD oil to administer to children has zero THC content.
How to Use the Products
Since CBD oil is in a liquid oral solution, it can be placed in the mouth or sprayed under the tongue. It can be taken up to a dosage of 300mg daily for up to 6 months. Patients can take a higher dosage of 1200-1500 mg/kg daily for up to 4 weeks, which should be through the mouth.
The starting dosage is 2.5 mg per kg (mg/kg). It is taken twice per day through the mouth. If the person is tolerant or the response is well, the CBD dosage for Epilepsy increases.
The maintenance dosage is 5mg/kg, which is taken twice daily through the mouth. The maximum dosage is 10 mg/kg taken twice per day through the mouth. However, you should consult a doctor before engaging in this medication. One should note that you should not stop taking CBD oils for Epilepsy abruptly as it might increase the seizures.
The Side Effects
Although CBD oil has many uses, it has many side effects. Similarly, some may contain heavy metals and contaminants, which harm one's health. Some people have reported an increase in seizures. Cases of addiction are rising in some users. More negative effects include liver injury, especially when taken with other drugs.
Do you have Epilepsy or have a child who has Epilepsy? CBD treatment for Epilepsy proofs to be the perfect cure for you. It is safe to consume CBD when suffering from Epilepsy due to its beneficial impacts on the patients. Marijuana for Epilepsy has valuable neuron elements that moderate seizures by controlling the nervous system.
However, it is essential to note that a preferable place to buy CBD oil is from well-recognized dispensaries under a doctor's prescription. CBD is unsafe for pregnant and nursing mothers. People with liver disease may as well use it under strict doctor's prescription.
- Lattanzi, Simona, et al. "Efficacy and safety of cannabidiol in epilepsy: a systematic review and meta-analysis." Drugs 78.17 (2018): 1791-1804.
- Cilio, Maria Roberta, Elizabeth A. Thiele, and Orrin Devinsky. "The case for assessing cannabidiol in epilepsy." Epilepsia 55.6 (2014): 787-790.
- Szaflarski, Jerzy P., and E. Martina Bebin. "Cannabis, cannabidiol, and epilepsy—from receptors to clinical response." Epilepsy & Behavior 41 (2014): 277-282.
- Leo, Antonio, Emilio Russo, and Maurizio Elia. "Cannabidiol and epilepsy: Rationale and therapeutic potential." Pharmacological research 107 (2016): 85-92.
- Franco, Valentina, and Emilio Perucca. "Pharmacological and therapeutic properties of cannabidiol for epilepsy." Drugs 79.13 (2019): 1435-1454.
- Abu-Sawwa, Renad, Brielle Scutt, and Yong Park. "Emerging use of epidiolex (cannabidiol) in epilepsy." The Journal of Pediatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics 25.6 (2020): 485-499.
- Devinsky, Orrin, et al. "Cannabidiol: pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders." Epilepsia 55.6 (2014): 791-802.
- Devinsky, Orrin, et al. "Cannabidiol in patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy: an open-label interventional trial." The Lancet Neurology 15.3 (2016): 270-278.
Tags: best cbd oil on the market, best cbd isolate oil, cbd oil for plantar fasciitis, full spectrum cbd capsules, cannabis eye drops, cbd effects on blood pressure, cbd oil dosage for horses, cbd oil for adhd, best cbd oil vape pen starter kit, cbd oil diarrhea