There are few things in life that are more exciting and relaxing than a cold beer after an exhausting day at work. Now, what if your favorite cold brew is infused with the goodness of premium CBD? That’s precisely the idea that led to the creation of CBD-infused beer.
Calling all occasional weed smokers, stoners and beer-lovers looking for a smoke-free high to try out CBD beer. These cannabis beers are the perfect drink to sip on to celebrate any day or occasion. With the soothing and medicinal properties of CBD-infused in beer, weed beers are more than a trend. It is here to stay. Have you tried one yet?
In this ultimate guide we have talked about CBD beers and everything you need to know about this sought-after brew.
What is CBD Beer?
Weed beer is a typically low-calorie, non-alcoholic beer brewed with the marijuana plant. The most obvious type of CBD beer is CBD-infused beer. This means that it is a traditional beer, but with an added dose of cannabis thrown into the mix.
These non-alcoholic cannabis beers are brewed with hemp and infused with a Nano-emulsified form of CBD that makes sure full integration into the cold, frothy brew.
How is CBD-Infused Alcohol Drink Made?
CBD or hemp-infused beer is brewed with barley. The process is quite similar to making traditional beer. The difference is that the beer is infused with CBD oils or THC. Also, the flavor base is non-alcoholic and this is achieved by de-alcoholizing the conventionally brewed beer.
Once the alcohol has been eliminated, a cannabis Nano emulsification is immersed into the liquid. This provides more than one benefit:
- It suspends CBD properly into the liquid;
- It provides a much higher bioavailability and also faster uptake time.
This is why Nano emulsification is considered to be an ideal delivery system for CBD products, especially weed beer. The process helps to avoid the separation between the liquid cannabis solution and beer.
Will Weed Beer Get You Drunk?
Cannabis beer does not have alcohol, and therefore, you will not get drunk. Even though the production of traditional beer and weed beer is similar, CBD-infused beer has a non-alcoholic flavor base. This flavor base is developed to satisfy beer drinkers.
Moreover, cannabis beer’s primary customer base is someone who is looking to eliminate or minimize alcohol consumption while still enjoying a cold, delicious beverage.
What Does It Taste Like?
Nano emulsifications can be quite neutral and this allows brewers or cannabis-infused beer producers a lot more control over the final flavor profiles. Some of the popular weed beer flavors are:
- Grapefruit Haze: This is golden and pale in color and the aromas are light and citrusy. Small tight bubbles add to the zestiness of the grapefruit and the refreshing quality of the lemon. It has a tangy finish that makes for easy drinking.
- Pale Haze: This has a mild, but appealing hoppy aroma. Its crisp bubbles make a beautiful effervescent texture, along with the flavors of flowers, citrus and a hint of bitterness. It is a well-balanced brew, which is neither too weak nor too strong.
- Blood Orange Haze: This brew has earthy and herbal notes with really deep, rich aromas of blood orange peel. The juicy fresh orange flavors are complemented with the piquant fizz texture, along with undertones of citrus zest. It has an earthy finish.
To find out more flavors of beer with CBD, check out our list of the top 10 CBD beers that you should try right away.
Research and our reviews on CBD indicate that there are myriad health benefits of CBD. CBD provides pain relief and helps with anxiety, depression and so on. When combined with beer, it offers the following amazing benefits:
- Effects of CBD and alcohol are intensified – Alcohol is known to lessen one’s inhibitions and it is possible that you’ll find yourself very relaxed when drinking beer. Similarly, cannabis can also affect you in the same way. It can reduce anxiety and help calm your nerves. Therefore, when you drink CBD-infused beer, the effects of both will be intensified and it can help you deeply relax.
- CBD counters the negative effects of alcohol – CBD is known to counteract the effects of a hangover. Also, when CBD is mixed with beer, it helps in reducing the contents of alcohol.
- CBD can be an alternative therapy for treating alcoholism – Even though research is still underway, early studies indicate that CBD can help mend people’s alcohol addiction. CBD can also aid in the reduction of addiction and withdrawal problems. This is primarily because CBD lessens the desire to drink alcohol.
Simply put, CBD offers a great way to feel relaxed and calm. It can also help block some of the potential damage that might be a result of overindulgence in alcohol like, neurodegeneration and liver damage. As for lovers of weed and beer, getting a combination of two in one cold brew is a match made in heaven. They don’t have to worry about rolling a joint or looking for beers to drink after they have rolled a joint. Both can be enjoyed at the same time without any hassle.
If you still want more reasons to drink weed beer, you can check out our reviews.
What Does CBD-Infused Beer Do?
First and foremost, CBD beer will not get you high or drunk. This is mainly because CBD does not have the intoxicating effects that are associated with THC. So, you wouldn’t feel high in the traditional sense of smoking weed.
The feeling of high is the major difference between CBD beer and THC beer. Beers that are infused with THC offer a mind-altering feeling where you would find yourself high. But, this depends on the number of servings that you have consumed and the dosage of THC used in the brew. Due to the intoxicating effects of THC, it is not legal in most countries and this is why CBD beers are popular.
CBD infusions product effects that are not mind-altering, but it is one of mood improvement and relaxation. The market of CBD beer is expanding to reach people who do not want to experience the psychoactive effects of cannabis but want to enjoy the taste and benefits of infused beer. Check out our list of the top 10 cannabis beers so that you can start enjoying this cold brew and forget your worries for a while.
Conclusion: How to Choose the Right Weed Beer?
To select the right alcohol-free CBD beer, it is important for you to check the producer of CBD beer thoroughly. You have to ensure that they give proper lab results on the CBD that they’re using so that you can know about the quality, potency, and unique compound profile. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to look up reviews on the different CBD beer brands before you make your choice. Our reviews will give you complete information about the effectiveness, quality, and taste of the weed beer.
Also, you have to know that there are people who experience some sleepiness when they consume high doses of CBD. If you are prone to this, you need to check the CBD concentration of the specific beer product. Moreover, there are myriad CBD beer products in the market. If one doesn’t appeal to you, it doesn’t mean that all of them are going to disappoint.
So, are you ready to get a taste of beer with cannabis? Quench your thirst and be transported to another world of relaxation by drinking CBD beer. You can take a look at our reviews to know what to expect when you first taste weed beer. We’re sure you wouldn’t regret deciding to try this wonderful cold, tasty brew.
- Gulmen, Mehmet Ugur. "Development of a recombinant brewing yeast to produce beer from hemp extract (Cannabis Sativa L.)." (2021).
- Ramírez, Alejandra, and Juan M. Viveros. "Brewing with Cannabis sativa vs. Humulus lupulus: a review." Journal of the Institute of Brewing (2021).
- Subbaraman, Meenakshi Sabina. "Substitution and complementarity of alcohol and cannabis: a review of the literature." Substance use & misuse 51.11 (2016): 1399-1414.
- Beer, M. Dominic. "Cannabis and mental health." Journal of Psychiatric Intensive Care 3.1 (2007): 45-47.
- Ascrizzi, Roberta, et al. "“Hemping” the drinks: Aromatizing alcoholic beverages with a blend of Cannabis sativa L. flowers." Food chemistry 325 (2020): 126909.
- Pamplona, Fabricio A., Lorenzo Rolim da Silva, and Ana Carolina Coan. "Potential clinical benefits of CBD-rich cannabis extracts over purified CBD in treatment-resistant epilepsy: observational data meta-analysis." Frontiers in neurology 9 (2018): 759.
Tags: best cbd oil, hemp cbd oil side effects, cannabinoid water, how much cbd oil for autoimmune disease, is cbd cream good for your face?, cbd oil for chronic back pain, how long does delta 8 high last, cbd for high blood pressure, cbd oil for candida, cannabis for ocd