Best Full-spectrum CBD Oil for Dogs
Do you own a dog? If the answer is yes, then as an adopted mother, father, or just a dog owner, you will undoubtedly want the best for your canine companion. Whether your dog is a young puppy or quite old, you're probably looking at ways to make your dog's life easier.
Most people choose to do this through food, toys, equipment, and affection. But, did you know there's another way you can look after your pupper?
Well, there is a way, and that's by giving it full-spectrum CBD oil. Here is a list of the top 10 full-spectrum CBD oils for dogs to know which products are the best.
What is full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs?
Before we go into the complete product, let's explore what full-spectrum CBD oil is. In case you weren't familiar full spectrum CBD involves everything you can get out of the plant.
For instance, there are cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, and THC. Full-spectrum CBD is often widely popular because it is often seen as the most effective.
This is known as the entourage effect. There are lots of studies coming into place from the scientific community to back this up. Most of which show strong support for the positive impacts of full-spectrum CBD.
In addition to this, on humans, CBD can serve as pain relief, be a treatment for epilepsy, help with sleep, reduce anxiety, better heart health, help skin, and more. Many users are reporting a wide range of health benefits when it comes to full-spectrum CBD oil.
But, that does not just apply to humans; it goes for dogs too.
When it comes to your furry friend, full-spectrum CBD oil does not differ that much. It contains the same ingredients; however, the THC tends to be lower, and the flavors can vary slightly. Likewise, the health benefits for dogs using full-spectrum have also been shown to be similar to humans.
What full spectrum CBD treats for dogs can you get?
As you can imagine, if you're a dog and consuming oil on its own, it is probably not a pleasant experience. While you can use a pipette to drop the oil into its mouth, there are other ways your dog can reap the benefits too.
But, before we highlight further about the treats, we would like to highlight that the most effective method of your dog taking full-spectrum CBD is through oil or tincture. Once taken, this process normally takes 35-40 minutes for your dog to feel the full benefits of CBD oil. This method is a lot faster than other treats, as it tends to have a lot fewer ingredients than treats do.
Other than that, it can also come in the following type of treat:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil infused peanut butter;
- Full-spectrum CBD oil-infused chews, toys, and bites;
- Full-spectrum CBD oil infused food which is combined with a meat flavor like bacon, chicken, fish, or beef.
When it comes to buying full-spectrum hemp oil for your dog, make sure you read the labels and ingredients before buying them.
While we did quickly highlight some of the benefits above for dogs, we feel like an owner should be more informed on just how helpful full spectrum CBD can be. Many dog owners who administer full-spectrum CBD to their dog mention the following benefits:
- Can treat neuropathic pain: Your dog may be suffering from specific pain such as nerve damage, muscle atrophy, damage to their spinal cord, or any other nervous problem. The right amount of CBD oil has been mentioned by owners to reduce the pain in dogs significantly.
- May help seizures: There have been scientific studies showing full-spectrum CBD oil can be beneficial for dogs with epilepsy. A study, was conducted, which looked at idiopathic epilepsy in dogs. During the study, they gave full-spectrum CBD oil to dogs over the course of 12 weeks. They found that the frequency of their seizures reduced significantly.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties: If your dog suffers from an anti-inflammatory disease like arthritis, it may be beneficial. It's believed to relieve the pain and prevent their mobility from being affected as much.
- May stimulate appetite: When your dog consumes CBD, it reacts with its endocannabinoid system. As a result, it kickstarts your dog's brain receptors in its hypothalamus, inducing a greater impact. Because of this, it becomes more hungry.
- Can reduce anxiety: CBD oil produces a calming effect and can allow your dog to feel more relaxed.
What to look for when buying full-spectrum CBD oil?
When you're looking to buy CBD oil for your dog, you should not just go out and buy any product. It's essential you speak to a vet and really review the type of CBD products meticulously. Do note that every oil isn't the same, and you will one to select a top-grade CBD oil so it can work effectively.
- Look to buy organic full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs: This is essential when looking for oil; you will want to avoid anything non-organic. Because it could contain pesticides, additive-free heavy metals, and herbicides.
- See the manufacturing certificate: You will want to know exactly how much full-spectrum CBD is in the oil before giving it to your dog. Manufacturers should be able to present a certificate that provides an analysis of the product. Plus, you will want to ensure there is a small amount of CBD in there.
We advise you to be careful when giving full-spectrum CBD oil to your dog and should report to the vet if you notice any of the following side effects:
- Low blood pressure: If you provide your dog too much of a high dose, it could cause their blood pressure to plummet. As a result, they could experience a sense of lightheadedness.
- Drowsiness: When treating your dog for anxiety, if you're using a lot of oil, it could become drowsy.
- Dry mouth: Sometimes, when consuming CBD oil, your dog producers' amount of saliva could decrease and could quickly become dehydrated.
If you're looking to get full-spectrum CBD oil for your dog, make sure you consult with a veterinarian first. Likewise, you will want to make sure it's organic and has a manufacturing certificate. Don't just give CBD oil to your dog without proper advice, and most importantly, watch out for side effects if your dog experiences any.
- Łebkowska-Wieruszewska, Beata, et al. "Pharmacokinetics of Bedrocan®, a cannabis oil extract, in fasting and fed dogs: an explorative study." Research in veterinary science 123 (2019): 26-28.
- Samara, E. M. I. L., M. E. I. R. Bialer, and R. A. P. H. A. E. L. Mechoulam. "Pharmacokinetics of cannabidiol in dogs." Drug metabolism and disposition 16.3 (1988): 469-472.
- Wallace, Jean E., et al. "Motivations and expectations for using cannabis products to treat pain in humans and dogs: a mixed methods study." Journal of Cannabis Research 2.1 (2020): 1-12.
- Rotolo, Maria C., et al. "Simple and fast gas-chromatography mass spectrometry assay to assess delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol in dogs treated with medical cannabis for canine epilepsy." Current pharmaceutical biotechnology 18.10 (2017): 821-827.
- Kumar, S. S. H., L. L. Dass, and A. K. Sharma. "Cannabis Indica (Bhang) extract as preanaesthetic to propofol anaesthesia in dogs." Journal of Applied Animal Research 37.1 (2010): 125-127.
- Vaughn, Dana, Justyna Kulpa, and Lina Paulionis. "Preliminary investigation of the safety of escalating cannabinoid doses in healthy dogs." Frontiers in veterinary science 7 (2020): 51.
Tags: what is the best cbd oil, cbd oil for multiple sclerosis, cbd anti aging face cream, cbd oil and autism, types of cbd products, full spectrum cbd oil or capsules for pain, cbd therapy seeds, cbd oil vape pen kit, cbd oil for dogs, cbd joints