CBD Bath Salts: Types & Benefits
A good soak in the bathtub is loved by all. Whether you’ve had a big session at the session, a long day at the office dealing with endless paperwork and stressful business calls, or merely wanted to switch off and relax, the advantages of a hot bath are quite extensive. Also, this is the perfect way to show yourself some TLC (tender loving care) and indulge in some ‘you time’.
But, what if we told you that there’s something that can make your bath even more relaxing and effective? If you haven’t guessed it yet, we’re talking about CBD bath salts. They bring their unique set of properties and can turn your great bath into an amazing one.
Are bath salts infused with CBD truly worth the hype, and more importantly, your money? Let’s find out.
What is CBD Infused Bath Salts?
Everyone likes a humble bubble bath, but what are CBD bath salts? Simply put, they are everything you know about your regular bath salt but infused with the medicinal properties of CBD. They dissolve in the water and are known to help sore joints and muscles, and help boost the circulation of blood.
What are the Benefits?
Bath salts already belong to mainstream bath products and with the addition of CBD, they provide the most therapeutic and relaxing bathing experience. But, you must note here that CBD may have pain-relieving properties, using CBD-infused bath salts will not reverse or heal any condition you might have.
With that said, the wonderful benefits of CBD bath salts during bath time are given below:
- CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties are improved when exposed to heat – CBD has fantastic anti-inflammatory qualities and this is why it is used for inflammation. The root cause of any problem with your skin is probably inflammation and CBD can help alleviate the pain and provide you with much-needed relief. When CBD bath salts are mixed with hot water and you are soaking in it, the process of CBD absorption into the bloodstream and skin is expedited through the pores. It also helps in relaxing sore muscles and opening airways so that you can breathe easily.
- CBD bath salts can make bath time even more relaxing – Soaking in a bathtub is already a therapeutic experience. This is why bathing is recommended after a rigorous workout so that the soreness of the muscles is relieved. All the benefits that you’re familiar with when you’re using regular bath salts are subtly enhanced by CBD. Hemp CBD bath salts help ease musculoskeletal pain, soothe inflamed skin conditions, and allow you to decompress from the daily stresses of life.
- CBD gets readily absorbed through the skin – If you allow CBD to be absorbed topically, you can experience more direct and quicker results. When you are soaking yourself in hot water infused with CBD bath salts, CBD will be absorbed into the bloodstream much faster than taking a few drops of tincture orally. Also, adding CBD to a bath will expose your entire body to CBD, which will result in systemic effects.
CBD is a malleable ingredient and it works on various systems of your body. Along with providing you with a calming bath experience, bath salts with CBD will make you more relaxed than you’ve ever been. It will even help with sleep disorders, anxiety and make your skin look youthful. If you wish to know more about how using CBD in a bath can help you, take a look at our reviews on the top 10 CBD bath salts.
What to Look For in Bath Salts with CBD?
When shopping for CBD bath products, purchase from a brand with a good reputation. Since the FDA does not regulate cannabis products, ensure that you only trust companies whose products are verified by a third-party independent lab. You can also look at our list of top 10 bath salts with CBD that have been reviewed and compiled for your convenience.
The ingredients and processes that you need to watch out for when buying CBD bath products are:
- Non-chemical CO2 extraction processes to remove solvents, metals, and pesticides;
- Essential oils;
- Pharmaceutical-grade Epsom salts;
- A full-spectrum cannabis oil of high-quality;
- Hemp-derived CBD that contains very less THC (0.3%).
Are this Type of Bath Salts Safe for Everyone?
CBD bath salts for pain and relaxation are typically safe for everyone. They’re regular, old-fashioned bath salts that have been infused with CBD to heighten the experience of a relaxing bath time. Also, since CBD is a natural ingredient and doesn’t have any side effects, they’re not dangerous.
But, you may have sensitive skin and the product might not go well with you. What you can do is test the CBD bath product before completely submerging yourself. Dilute a small amount of the CBD bath salt and apply it to a small area of your skin. If there’s no negative reaction, you can expose your entire body to it.
How Long Should You Soak in Water?
This depends on the product that you’re using and it’s a personal choice. The recommended serving of CBD infused bath salts is one heaping scoop, which would contain approximately 20mg of CBD. If you have the luxury of time, it is ideal to soak for about 20 minutes in the bathtub.
Will CBD Infused Bath Salts Get you a High?
No, CBD in bath salts does not produce a high. CBD is a natural compound derived from the hemp plant that doesn’t come with the psychoactive effects of THC. Also, your body is many CB2 and CB1 receptors. CBD interacts with these receptors and exerts its naturally relaxing and pain-relieving effects.
If you are always seeking an opportunity to soak in the tub, CBD bath salts might be the product for you. It can elevate your bathing experience and tackle multiple things at once. You can look for the best CBD bath salts in our top 10 list.
- Rubin, Rita. "Cannabidiol products are everywhere, but should people be using them?." Jama 322.22 (2019): 2156-2158.
- Atalay, Sinemyiz, Iwona Jarocka-Karpowicz, and Elzbieta Skrzydlewska. "Antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol." Antioxidants 9.1 (2020): 21.
- Burstein, Sumner. "Cannabidiol (CBD) and its analogs: a review of their effects on inflammation." Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry 23.7 (2015): 1377-1385.
- Shannon, Scott, and Janet Opila-Lehman. "Effectiveness of cannabidiol oil for pediatric anxiety and insomnia as part of posttraumatic stress disorder: a case report." The Permanente Journal 20.4 (2016).
- Appiah-Kusi, Elizabeth, et al. "Effects of short-term cannabidiol treatment on response to social stress in subjects at clinical high risk of developing psychosis." Psychopharmacology 237.4 (2020): 1121-1130.
Tags: best time of day to take cbd oil, cbd and neuropathy, lip balm with cbd oil, buy cbd oil chicago, cbd oil for cats aggression, cannabis eye drops, cannabis allergy treatment, cbd oil for endurance athletes, cbd crystals under tongue, cbd oil honey sticks