CBD Oil for Arthritis
As CBD or cannabidiol is getting accepted as a medical supplement, more people are consuming it to get rid of their chronic ailments, including anxiety, depression, insomnia, inflammation, pain management, and arthritis. CBD products are considered a safe chemical compound that’s extracted from the cannabis Sativa plant and effectively use as a relieving medicine. CBD is available in different types and products like gummies, vapes, oil sprays, tinctures, cigarettes, and lubes. With great benefits, this unconventional and fancy medical compound is being used to reduce symptoms of various mental and psychological problems. The popular variant of CBD is oil which is consumed to get relief against various ailments as they enter the brain receptors to maintain the balance in the brain and boost a healthy lifestyle.
9 Best CBD for Arthritis in 2022
THC %: < 0.3%
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, cera alba (beeswax), menthol
Contain: organic full spectrum CBD extract, menthol, and eucalyptus
Total CBD: 1000mg
Total CBD: 150mg
Onset Time: 30 minutes- 1 hour
Duration: 3-4 hours
Ingredients: Grapeseed Oil, Yellow Beeswax, Peppermint Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Sweet Basil Leaf Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Roman Chamomile Flower Oil
Active Ingredients: Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil (0.0% THC)
Inactive Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Ylang-Ylang Oil, Lavender Oil, Chamomile, Frankincense Oil, Geranium Oil
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract, Gluconolactone
How to Use: Apply a small amount to your skin and rub in thoroughly as needed throughout the day
Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT), Phytocannabinoid Rich (PCR) Hemp Oil, Beeswax, Lavender Oil, Eucalyptus Oil. Contains
Weight: 4 lbs
CBD-mg: 500mg 2oz, 1000mg 4 oz
Ingredients: Organic Hemp Cannabidiol Extract, Distilled Water, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Hemp Oil
Pillars: Relief for Muscles and Joints, Improve Circulation, Support Healing, Healthy Skin
Ingredients: 2000mg Broad Spectrum CBD, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Arnica Oil, Shea Butter, Lemon, Camphor, Limonene, B-Caryophyllene, Myrcene, Turmeric
View all CBD Oil for Arthritis
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a joint disease that causes pain, swelling, inflammation, stiffness, and weakening of one or more joints in the body. Depending upon the person and seriousness of the problem, one can experience mild to severe level of pain in the body. In some individuals, arthritis can cause difficulty in movement and the inability to perform daily activities. Arthritis can permanently damage some joints in the body and the changes are visible, making the condition worse for many people. It is a problem that is widely observed in people, especially women who are overweight or obese, above the age of 65, but due to the several modern-day problems, many children, teens, and young adults are reporting severe joint pain. There are different types of arthritis, even more, than 100 types, they all have different symptoms, causes, and treatments.
The two major types of arthritis, that are commonly seen in elderly people are rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. If the symptoms persist, the individuals may experience anxiety, depression, sleeping disorder, and restlessness due to excessive pain. There many reasons or causes of arthritis, the prominent ones include a decreasing amount of cartilage tissues in joints. Cartilage tissues protect your joint against excessive pressure and shock by reducing stress in movement. Other reasons could be normal wear and tear, an injury and an infection in the joints, decreasing fluid in the joints, and a history of the diseases in the family, which means getting arthritis genetically. The major symptoms of arthritis include redness, extreme pain, swelling, firmness, decreasing mobility, and restlessness because of pain which could lead the patient to mental stress and decreasing physical health.
How Does CBD Oil Work?
CBD is extracted from hemp which is a type of cannabis plant that contains 0.3 percent THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) which doesn’t cause any psychoactive effect or make you ‘high’, unlike marijuana. CBD Oil enters your endocannabinoid system or the receptors in the body to maintain a balance between your nerve system and brain cells. Note that the endocannabinoid system is responsible to monitor and maintain various psychological processes in your body. The oil also helps in stimulating the flow of blood in the body and passing through the digestive system to positively affect the body fully to give favorable results.
First of all, CBD oil targets your brain and interacts with two of its receptors that are CB1 and CB2. Upon reacting with them, your brain inhibits your pain sensors, otherwise known as neurotransmitters, and helps decrease the effects of inflammation.
Inflammation can occur as a result of two things. First of all, it happens when your body is fighting a potential infection. Moreover, it also occurs when you have an autoimmune disease like arthritis.
Regarding your immune system, it also works to attack the tissues on your joints. It slows down rheumatoid arthritis from developing, stopping you from experiencing symptoms like fatigue and aching in the area you feel pain, i.e., your fingers, wrists, ankles, or any other joint.
When taking CBD oil for arthritis pain relief it is important to understand how efficiently CBD oil manages pain with its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving qualities. CBD when applied to the affected areas or joints can balance out gout created by the presence of an excessive amount of uric acid. CBD oil massage or direct consumption reacts with the brain cells to soothe out pain and improve the body’s response to it. Using CBD for arthritis is going through a therapeutic session that calms your body by activating brain cells to maintain healthy bodywork.
Things to Consider Before Using Cannabidiol for Arthritis Pain
- Never shun your regular medicines or DMARDs: Just because you have started using CBD for arthritis DO NOT stop using your regular pain reliefs or doctor-recommended disease-modifying rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). These regular pharmaceuticals drugs are recommended to you by your doctors or consultants based on your condition and seriousness of the problem, do not shun them without proper guidance. Do not use CBD oil as an alternative to your regular medicines. Use both simultaneously by evaluating the effects with your doctor or physicians.
- Start with a minimum dosage: Do not rush into consuming or using CBD oil as it may affect you differently in the beginning. Give your body time to adapt to the new changes because of newly introduced medicine. Start taking CBD with a low dose or in low milligrams like 300 mg or so. Gradually increase the amount of dose or drops with time after observing its effect on your body and pain. Try to note the signs of improvement or any changes you are witnessing after the use as then you can draw a conclusion based on your observation for further usage of the plant-extraction.
- Start with setting small goals: Remember CBD oil is a pain-relieving medicine; it may not cure the problem but provide relief from the persisting symptoms. So, do not aim at getting rid of your suffering by increase the dose of CBD oil. Set initial goal, this could be anything from managing pain in your joint to increasing mobility. Look for smaller but significant improvements rather than going over-the-board with your expectations. Adjust your goals, once you see progress in the existing ones, this includes increasing the quantity and frequency of oral consumption or oil massages.
- Know when to stop: CBD oils are not like normal pharmaceutical drugs; they take time to react and show results. But do not use it continuously when you’re experiencing certain unwanted changes in your body as they may cause minor damage to your body. CBD products are generally considered safe medication but it may work differently depending from patient to patient. So, don’t use it further if you are feeling uncomfortable or not seeing any positive symptoms.
- Take care of the drug interactions: CBD products may interact with your regular drugs which may or may not affect you differently. The interaction may reduce the impact of the drug in your body or cause certain minor side-effects like diarrhea, blurriness, drowsiness, change in appetite and weight. Be extremely careful by examining the changes in your body and reading the composition of both the medication to prevent any uncertain harms.
- Shop responsibly: There are many types of CBD products available in the market. You can find them at different places, from spas to grocery stores to supermarkets. But all of them are not made to be used medically, which means you need to have fair research regarding the availability of CBD oil in nearby dispensaries and pharmacists. Do not go for any random store or shop, look for affiliated resources that offer legit CBD products. If you want to know about different variants of CBD products, then you can read our review on it. You can also browse through our reviews related to using CBD oil for arthritis pain.
More choices available
Does Using CBD Oil Have Any Risks?
As CBD or cannabinoid is extracted from flowers, stalk, buds, and leaves of the hemp plant, it is considered natural and hence is safe for medical use. CBD contains only 0.3 percent of THC which has no or minimal side effects on your body. The minor effects that you may feel vary from patient to patient, severeness of the problem, quality of the dose, the condition of your digestive system, and blood flow. This means not everyone will feel the same effects of the chemical compound. Some of the minor symptoms you may feel after regular consumption and usage of CBD oil are:
- Weight loss or gain;
- Changes in Appetite;
These symptoms may be different in other people based on various factors, but they are not life-threatening. It is recommended to consult a doctor or psychiatrist before adding CBD oil or other products to your routine.
The amount of CBD oil you can take for arthritis can depend on a few factors such as your body weight, type of arthritis, body chemistry, and concentration of the CBD oil. The truth is, many variables can influence the dosage you take, and what might be adequate for others may not be suitable for you. Therefore, you should always consult the advice of a physician who specializes in marijuana first.
On average, though, the dosage of CBD oil that is used to treat pain can range between 50mg-600mg. But you pay attention to the amount of CBD oil in the product you're taking and the instructions on the label, as this can influence the dose.
Do note that if you have arthritis, it may take some trial and error to find out which CBD dose is best for you. Sometimes it may take several consultations with your doctor to decide whether your dosage needs to be increased or decreased. Remember that if you're taking it for the first time, you should always start small and gradually increase over time.
CBD oil takes time to work on your body that’s why don’t expect instant results and increase your dosage for instant relief. Start with what’s recommended by your doctor or with the minimum quantity to avoid any hinges. Let your body accept the medicine by giving it at least six weeks. In some people, CBD oil starts reacting in just two weeks but in some, it may take around four to six weeks. You can add more drops of the oil gradually once you observe any positive result. Usually, it is recommended to take CBD oil dosage for arthritis and other problems orally by putting a few drops under your tongue or consuming it with your food. But when suffering from arthritis you can get a CBD massage that helps in penetrating oil into your joints and muscles for relief against pain. Getting a massage with CBD or hemp oil will help stimulate your blood flow and send a message to your brain receptor to manage and control pain caused due to stiffness and decreasing fluid in the joints.
If you have any of the following conditions, you should always consult a doctor before taking CBD oil.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding: Sometimes CBD oil can contain additional ingredients which may be contaminated. As a result, they could be down to your fetus or child, which could harm their health.
- Children: Children under one year old should never be given CBD oil.
- Liver disease: A lower dose is always advised if you suffer from liver disease.
- Parkinsons disease: Sometimes, people with Parkinson's may undergo increased tremors and stronger muscle movements if they take CBD oil.
Your livers enzymes (CYP450) can break down many medications the same way it breaks down CBD. CBD can slow down the release of some of these enzymes making certain medications less effective, and you may require a higher dosage. If you're taking the following drugs, always consult a doctor first before taking CBD:
- Medications that can trigger drowsiness (benzodiazepines, antipsychotics)
- Macrolide antibiotics
- Heart medications
- Blood thinners
Factors to Keep in Mind While Buying CBD Oil
As more people are aware of the benefits of CBD oil, the more it is getting used in different areas other than medicines. You can find CBD products at different places but they are all not meant to be used as medication. To find the best CBD oil for arthritis do look into some factors like:
- Researching or reading reviews related to the best CBD oil for arthritis. You can also read posts and articles related to CBD and arthritis to get an idea of the CBD products available in the market.
- Buying the one that has been tested and tried for all the standards related to potency, purity, and safety. You can find out the best CBD for arthritis by looking for GMP or ‘Good Manufacturing Practices’ certification.
- Always buy CBD oil from credible resources that are legal and affiliated to sell CBD products. Don’t shop for any CBD product unauthorized online platform or from any random vendor.
- Reading the label is another tip worth considering before buying CBD oil for yourself as the label may contain important information related to CBD oil dosage for arthritis, batch number, and composition. With the batch number, you can know more about the manufacturing procedure of the CBD oil.
- Different companies or brands follow different methods and formulas to manufacture this oil, so make sure you check the ingredients and composition beforehand to avoid drug interaction and harmful effects.
- Pick the one that is part of the overall pain management plan because CBD oil is used simultaneously with the existing plan so it is necessary for the oil to align with it. The plan may include nonmedication options such as exercise, diet control, and psychological support.
- Take your doctor or consultant in the loop to discuss the CBD oil options available for you. You can take help from your doctor in finding the perfect CBD based on your requirement, condition, and composition of the product.
The bottom line is using CBD oil has proven to be effective in pain management and reducing the symptoms of chronic ailments like arthritis. It’s an unconventional medication that’s is not-so-popular due to its origin but has immense medical benefits, if used responsibly. By activating your neurotransmitter and brain receptors, CBD products balance out the brain activity to offer a relaxing and soothing ambiance. It plays with your psychological system to offer relief against pain, insomnia, inflammation, oxidation, stress, and anxiety. Use the right amount to see positive changes in your body that can boost a healthy lifestyle and mental health.
- Lowin, Torsten, et al. "Cannabidiol (CBD): A killer for inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts." Cell death & disease 11.8 (2020): 1-11.
- Malfait, A. M., et al. "The nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic in murine collagen-induced arthritis." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 97.17 (2000): 9561-9566.
- Hammell, D. C., et al. "Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain‐related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis." European Journal of Pain 20.6 (2016): 936-948.
- Khaleghi, Murdoc. "New Arthritis Foundation Guidelines On CBD Use Could Be First of Many More to Come." Alternative therapies in health and medicine 26 (2020): 8-11.
- Mechoulam, Raphael, et al. "Cannabidiol–recent advances." Chemistry & biodiversity 4.8 (2007): 1678-1692.
- Lowin, Torsten, Matthias Schneider, and Georg Pongratz. "Joints for joints: cannabinoids in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis." Current opinion in rheumatology 31.3 (2019): 271-278.
- Blake, David R., et al. "Preliminary assessment of the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) in the treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis." Rheumatology 45.1 (2006): 50-52.
Choose CBD Oil for Arthritis now
Tags: best time of day to take cbd oil, best cbd gummies for sleep, affordability of cbd oil in tennessee, best cbd vape kit, cbd benefits for lupus, cbd for ocd, cbd oil balm for pain, cbd oil illinois, cbd anxiety gummies, cbd for rls