CBD Oil for Kids
CBD is literally everywhere, from lotions, creams and tinctures to oils, salts, gummies - you name it! Cannabidiols are extracted from hemp plants and are touted to provide you with multiple invigorating benefits.
Best CBD Oil for Kids in 2021
Weight: 3 oz
Ingredients: Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, MCT Oil, Vitamin E
Key facts: With 1500mg of full-spectrum CBD
Total CBD: 1500 mg
Weight: 30 ml
Strength: 50.00 mg/ml
Ingredients: Full Spectrum Industrial Hemp Cannabidiol (CBD), Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol
Ingredients: MCT Oil, CBD (Hemp) & Natural Flavors
Bottle Size: 30ml or 1fl ounces
Use: 5 - 10 drops twice a day
Route of Delivery: Sublingual
Allergen Warning: Contains Coconut
Flavors: Unflavored, Peach, Mint
Ingredients: Organic MCT, Organic Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract, Organic Lemon Essential Oil
Product life: 18-month shelf stable
Flavor: Natural, Peppermint, Blueberry
How to use: Just one dropper full on or under the tongue delivers 20mg of our potent CBD plus all the Full-Spectrum benefits. Can be taken any time day or night and with or without food and drink
Dosing: 1-2 droppers full on or under the tongue offers symptom relief from; Pain, anxiety, sleep disorder, arthritis, and more
Ingredients: Essential Hemp oil (Cannabidiol), Hemp Terpenes, organic coconut, and peppermint oil
Ingredients: Organic MCT Oil (coconut), Full Spectrum Hemp Extract (<0.3% THC)
Strength: 750 mg CBD
Pillars: Soothe Tension, Energy and Focus, Calm Stress, Relaxation
Ingredients: Organic MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) Oil, Organically Grown Broad-Spectrum Hemp Extract, Terpenes
View all CBD Oil for Kids
Whether you are disturbed with your irregular sleep or suffering from arthritis or severe headache, CBD can be your one-stop-shop. However, besides adults, the drug has shown proven health effects on children. Nowadays, parents are increasingly choosing CBD oils for their kids to combat different physical and psychological issues. Read on to discover why!
When should you give CBD oil to your kid?
Parents can choose CBD for kids for the following reasons:
- to prevent nausea in the car during a long ride;
- use it as an alternative option to treat mild pain;
- to treat anxiety in autistic kids;
- to provide good sleep to your child;
- to reduce symptoms of epilepsies;
- to reduce inflammation caused by wounds;
- to relax chest and lung muscles.
To find the right oil, you can take a look at our top 10 product list.
Which conditions can be alleviated using CBD oil?
Kids often experience anxiety due to a variety of reasons. Do you know that the pressure at home or school can mess with your child’s mind? Though many get through this tough period, some may fall prey to it. CBD oil for kids with anxiety can be used for the short-term. The compounds increase neurotransmitter activity and lower hyperactive reactions. It relaxes the mind and helps you kid to return to normalcy after a stressful day.
This is probably the most common reason why parents are turning to CBD products. Sometimes, kids may have trouble sleeping because they spend so much time before the screen. This makes them irritable and annoyed, which further keeps them awake. CBD oil is a superb supplement that supports sleep as it slows down hyperactivity, allowing your brain to slow down and naturally doze off.
Epilepsy is another vital reason that has lead to the popularity of CBD. Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndrome are rare disorders that cause seizures. FDA-approved cannabidiol oil has proven to reduce seizures significantly associated with these disorders. When given at an earlier age, kids respond better to the treatment. Find out more about how the product works in our review pages.
Autism spectrum disorder is diagnosed in early childhood, and unfortunately, there is no such treatment for it. Medicines are available but haven’t shown such proven results. However, CBD oil for kids with autism has caught the eyes of many in recent years and is considered a beneficial drug. Though there is no cure, symptoms can be managed and reduced using CBD oil.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder affects children aged between 1 and 15. Current treatment includes medicines but these come with a few side effects. This is why parents are looking for alternative methods to alleviate the symptoms. CBD oil for kids with ADHD lowers the hyperactivity and makes the children stay calm. It also relieves other associated symptoms related to this disorder.
This can be mild to severe depending on the inflammation of the airways. Medications are commonly used to treat asthma, but this only leads to tolerance, which means the more one uses it, the less effective it gets. In the end, either you have to increase the power of the pills or choose another drug. CBD contains anti-inflammatory ingredients that act on the swelling pathways. Rather than curing the disease, it prevents asthma attacks.
Many children feel sick while traveling due to smaller ear canals. Our ear has a set of nerves that send signals to the brain, which helps us to determine our movements. Sometimes, when your kid sits too long in a car, the system becomes unstable. The brain starts panicking and forces your body into thinking that you must have ingested something harmful. This is when your kid vomits. CBD oil interacts with the endocannabinoid system, stopping the breakdown of endocannabinoids and alleviating nausea.
Sunburns, eczema, ingrown hair, psoriasis, rashes, insect bites and flaky skin can be treated using CBD oil. It is also useful to treat the underlying concerns that are causing skin issues.
Looking for a suitable CBD oil? Explore our product list as it has abundant choices.
Will CBD make your kid high?
This is the first question literally most parents ask before buying CBD for children. Well, the answer is No! If there is no THC or 0.3% of THC in the product, your kid is safe. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is the main element that is responsible for making you “high”. It activates CB1 receptors of your brain and releases a significant amount of serotonin.
Is giving CBD to children is legal?
Cannabis with more than 0.3% THC should not be given to kids. In fact, it’s considered totally illegal. However, most of the CBD oil sold follows the countries legal laws and regulations. They are mostly used as a nutritional and therapeutic drug with no traces of THC. Also, consulting a pediatrician is a must.
What is the recommended dosage?
CBD oil dosage for kids depends on their age, body weight and severity of symptoms. If your child weighs 30 lbs, you can give 2.6 mg to 7.8 mg dosage. Children with 40 lbs to 50 lbs can consume 3.6 mg to 13.8 mg of cannabis, whereas, kids between 75 lbs and 100 lbs can intake 6.4 mg to 22.5 mg of weed.
More choices available
How to give CBD oil to kids?
Pour the oil directly from a dropper on their tongues. It will take a minute to get the oil absorbed into the bloodstream. The process is called sublingual, but some kids often spit the oil out due to its distinct taste. If your child hides with the mere sight of the dropper or the bottle, you can opt for alternative methods as well. Mix it with drinks and food, or shop a product with lip-smacking flavors.
CBD oil for kids v/s adults
Surprisingly, companies do not make separate products for kids when it comes to oil or any other CBD variations. Though they are made from the same ingredients and compounds, the dosages may differ. Children weigh less and will not need to consume higher milligrams of cannabis oil. A lower concentration of oil will induce the same effect as higher dosages in adults.
Any side effects you need to be prepared for?
Giving too much CBD oil to your kid is definitely not poisonous. It may generate intoxicating and drowsy behavior only if you choose a product with a high percentage of THC. However, administering high dose regularly can show some symptoms like:
- dry mouth;
How to purchase the right CBD oil?
As CBD products are quite famous, it’s easy to find. You can purchase it online or visit marijuana or medical stores. Online portals are often preferred because you can compare the prices, check the ingredients present and the labels to conclude if it is the best CBD oil for your kids.
When you are purchasing especially for a child, you need to check the following:
- If the product is made from superior cannabis plants and is tested for safety and purity;
- Check the location where the plant is cultivated and the product is manufactured;
- Find out whether the cannabis plants are cultivated organically with no toxins and pesticides;
- Ensure if the CBD oil is independently lab tested and has a COA (certificate of analysis) from a prestigious firm.
CBD oil has no dearth of benefits; however, consultation with a pediatrician is a must. Keep your child healthy, happy and hearty with the right dosage.
- Singer, Lauren, et al. "The cannabidiol conundrum: potential benefits and risks of cannabidiol products for children." Current opinion in pediatrics 32.1 (2020): 198-205.
- Chen, Kerrie‐Anne, et al. "Cannabidiol for treating drug‐resistant epilepsy in children: the New South Wales experience." Medical Journal of Australia 209.5 (2018): 217-221.
- Sands, Tristan T., et al. "Long-term safety, tolerability, and efficacy of cannabidiol in children with refractory epilepsy: results from an expanded access program in the US." Cns Drugs 33.1 (2019): 47-60.
- Szaflarski, Jerzy P., et al. "Long‐term safety and treatment effects of cannabidiol in children and adults with treatment‐resistant epilepsies: Expanded access program results." Epilepsia 59.8 (2018): 1540-1548.
- Geffrey, Alexandra L., et al. "Drug–drug interaction between clobazam and cannabidiol in children with refractory epilepsy." Epilepsia 56.8 (2015): 1246-1251.
- Laux, Linda C., et al. "Long-term safety and efficacy of cannabidiol in children and adults with treatment resistant Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome: expanded access program results." Epilepsy research 154 (2019): 13-20.
- Barchel, Dana, et al. "Oral cannabidiol use in children with autism spectrum disorder to treat related symptoms and co-morbidities." Frontiers in pharmacology 9 (2019): 1521.
- Aran, Adi, et al. "Brief report: Cannabidiol-rich cannabis in children with autism spectrum disorder and severe behavioral problems—A retrospective feasibility study." Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 49.3 (2019): 1284-1288.
Choose CBD Oil for Kids now
Tags: the best cbd oil, best cbd shampoo, cbd treatment for epilepsy, cbd nasal spray review, cbd seeds no thc, cannabis for dogs with arthritis, cbd oil dosage for lyme disease, cbd products for eczema, cbd oil for posterior tibial tendonitis, how to use cbd