Best CBD for Athletes
Athletes put endless stress on their bodies. Rigorous training and exercises before competition make them go through physical trauma, leading to muscle injuries and pain. The prolonged wear and tear come with side effects though there are effective methods of pain management. But that too comes with a cost. Currently, people are looking for safer pain reliever options like, cannabidiol for athletes.
Best CBD for Athletes in 2021
Weight: 5 oz
Product life: 18-month shelf stable
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Menthol, Organic Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Gluconolactone
Key facts: With 1000mg of CBD isolate
Total CBD: 1000 mg
Weight: 140 g
Strength: 7.14 mg/g
Ingredients active: trolamine salicylate 10%
Ingredients inactive: aloe barbadensis leaf extract, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, methylparaben, mineral oil, potassium phosphate
Ingredients: MCT, natural hemp extract/CBD oil, natural flavor
Ingredients: Organic Hemp Cannabidiol Extract, Distilled Water, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Hemp Oil, Ice Alginate, Glyceryl Stearate
Key facts: With 2500mg of CBD isolate
Total CBD: 2500 mg
Weight: 120 ml
Strength: 20.83 mg/ml
Ingredients: Industrial hemp cannabidiol (CBD), menthol, purified water, isopropyl alcohol, mineral oil, stearic acid, propylene glycol, aloe vera powder, cetyl alcohol, etda, glyceryl stearate, aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, white protepet, dimethicone
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycerin, Hemp Extract, Sweet Almond Oil, Menthol, Camphor, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Vitamin E Acetate
Strength: 1000mg CBD
Ingredients: Organic MCT Oil (coconut), Organic Beeswax, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract (<0.3% THC), Lavender Essential Oil
Benefits: Relief for Muscles and Joints, Improve Circulation, Support Healing, Healthy Skin
Ingredients: 2000mg Broad Spectrum CBD, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Arnica Oil
View all CBD for Athletes
Chronic use of pain killers poses greater risks, which were previously unknown. CBD for athletes has emerged as a great alternative to medicines and with multiple benefits. If you’re wondering if CBD products are right for athletic performance, keep reading!
The use of CBD in sports is increasing rapidly. Various studies have concluded that hemp extracts offer a plethora of benefits to the human body. Since it doesn’t contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), it gives you one more reason to consume it. While THC is responsible to make you feel ‘high’, CBD is mainly focused on showing positive effects on the body.
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) ticked off CBD from the prohibited items’ list in the year 2018. This happened after they recognized how cannabidiol can improve athletic performance and brings other regulations in the body after consuming it. However, a sportsperson should stick to CBD products with 0.3% of THC so that they don’t violate anti-doping legislation rules.
Why Athletes Should Engage in CBD?
It’s not a mystery to understand that fitness fanatics do high-energy exercises, which forces their body to undergo lots of stress. This has its merits and demerits. An intensive workout leads to a high-level of activities and endurance to enhance strength and performance, but with time, the muscles give up.
Excessive training causes muscle injury and pain, which may be a major obstacle before the performance. Relying on medicines for suppressing pain is no more a solution because this leads to addiction and other health conditions. Henceforth, CBD for athletes for extreme sports has become an easier and safer option. It not only boosts performance and alleviates pain but also has zero side effects.
Must-have for Exercise Junkies
CBD for professional athletes is sold in different forms in the market. To discover them, read on!
- Balm - You may not realize how much your muscles have gone through wear and tear while exercising at the gym. The reality hits you hard when you wake up the next morning with aching muscles. CBD balms are a perfect solution to alleviate the pain and get you active on your toes. Loaded with soothing ingredients, such as chamomile, aloe vera, mint, arnica, vitamin E, and more. On massaging the inflamed muscles, you will feel relaxed post-workout.
- CBD tinctures - Tinctures are pretty excellent when it comes to alleviating pain from sore muscles. Extracted from industrial hemp grown plants via CO2 process, consisting of full-spectrum CBD, tinctures are available in a myriad range of flavors. Sometimes, terpenes and phytocannabinoids are also added to increase the product’s profile. Take a few drops after the workout and you’re good to go.
- Capsules - To enjoy the effects of marijuana on athletes, manufacturers have launched cannabidiol capsules, which enter your system once digested. The capsules are rich in CBD oil for athletes, Omega 3 and Omega 6, enriching the profile. As they‘re vegan friendly, they are an excellent choice for vegan lovers. Start your day by taking one after your breakfast. Check our reviews for better insights.
- CBD edibles - Bars, gummies, and other edibles are infused with the best CBD oil for athletes for the fitness freaks to enjoy the maximum benefits. These edibles are packed with natural components, which provide additional benefits. With so many powerful flavors available, grab one, and experience a burst of energy before training.
- Protein powder - Most fitness enthusiasts and sportsperson prefer taking protein powder for mass and strength building. What makes CBD protein shakes different is that they are blended with hemp seed oil, phytocannabinoids, and other essential elements. Mix the powder with your favorite cereal or smoothie to enhance your body’s ability to take up exercises.
- Bath salts - You’ve guessed it right, bath salts can be taken during the shower after a strenuous workout. The salts work directly on the inflamed and painful muscle tissues. The bonus is that the amazing aromas are going to make you feel fresh and refreshed after the bath.
- Vape - A few puffs can help you keep going with all the weights in the gym. As vapes are convenient, you can take them in between the workouts (only if your trainer permits) and increase your energy. The blend of essential oils and essence gives instant relief to your body and mind.
Want to explore more options? Why not take a look at our list of top CBD products!
CBD benefits for Athletes
The perks of using cannabidiols are huge. Check them below.
- Strengthens immune system - The properties present in CBD strengthens the body’s immune system, making you stronger and resistant to diseases and infections. This also means that your body will work at the optimal level and that is a great advantage for an athlete.
- Lowers stress levels - It’s normal to go through stress and anxiety before a competition. When the performance pressure kicks in, it becomes tough for the athletes to concentrate on training. On switching to CBD products, you can easily suppress stress and concentrate on performance. CBD cuts the stress response and balances the body.
- Speeds up the healing process - Using CBD ointments, creams, salves, and lotions recover the muscles pain sooner than you can expect. Since it contains anti-inflammatory properties, it boosts the healing process.
- Improves sleep - Cannabidiol calms your mind and relaxing you to the core. This helps you to sleep better and achieve optimal performance the next day. When you feel calm and relaxed, you get the rush of energy to compete in the competition.
- Increases fitness and endurance - The body’s endocannabinoid system gets activated, regulating all your bodily functions, including the immune system, digestion, metabolism, and more.
- Strengthens muscle gain - CBD doesn’t speed up healing but also supports muscle growth. If you’re focusing on building mass, give a try to CBD edibles for athletes. As the sore muscles recover sooner, athletes can build their mass faster.
Read our reviews to know more benefits.
More choices available
Cannabinoids or Opioids: Which is Better?
Opioids resulted in approximately 42,000 deaths in the USA in the year 2016. The pain medications include oxycontin, morphine, codeine, etc., which are highly effective in cutting the pain but cause a significant threat to health. Users often get addicted to these medicines and as a consequence die by overdose.
It’s true that cannabinoids don’t promise similar results like opioids but are safe to use. The products sold contain no traces of THC or other additives that can degrade your health. Though CBD may not give immediate relief to acute pain, it can be used in the long-run as a successful pain management solution.
How to Use?
New products infused with CBD enter markets every week. You can try CBD pills, gummies, shakes, cakes, bars, and other edibles to feel the fresh kick of cannabidiol in your blood. Capsules, oils, and tinctures are also a great way to make marijuana extracts act faster. CBD oil for endurance athletes reaches the system faster and starts alleviating discomforts from the body.
Nowadays, cannabis oil extracts are also infused in sports drinks, protein powders, recovery beverages, sparkling water, and more. You can sip it whenever you feel tired and wish to experience a burst of energy in your body. The topical ointments and lotions provide instant relief from the pain. For rapid results, stick to oils or tinctures.
How Much CBD should You Use?
Surprisingly, there’s no standard dose. CBD products are not regulated; hence, there are inconsistencies in the content present in the items sold. Depending on how to take it (cookies, protein powder, bars, or gummies), it’s tough to say a precise amount. If you take a capsule or oil, you can judge the amount by milligrams written on the label. However, begin with a lower dose and increase it gradually. To gain more knowledge, go through our review section.
The rise of cannabidiol products has created a lot of buzz in the market. It has entered the sports industry too due to its outstanding health benefits, which athletes can utilize and recover from stress and chronic pain. Today, there’re various forms of CBD products in the market, and you can choose any to suit your lifestyle and needs.
As CBD offers a natural solution, people are more inclined to use it. On consuming, you can sleep better and perform at your highest level. Nowadays, more and more fitness fanatics are taking note of using CBD, instead of other medications. Only make sure that you purchase it from a reputable brand.
Want to buy the best CBD for athletes? You can find one on our top 10 product list.
- Zeiger, Joanna S., et al. "Cannabis use in active athletes: Behaviors related to subjective effects." PloS one 14.6 (2019): e0218998.
- DellaVecchia, Matthew J. "What Pharmacists Should Know to Counsel Athletes About CBD for Pain Management."
- Zeiger, Joanna S., et al. "Cannabis use for pain in a large population-based survey of adult athletes." Institute of Cannabis Research. Pueblo; 2019b. p. Abstract C 5 (2019).
- Gamelin, François-Xavier, et al. "Cannabidiol in sport: Ergogenic or else?." Pharmacological research 156 (2020): 104764.
- Zeiger, Joanna S., et al. "Age related differences in cannabis use and subjective effects in a large population-based survey of adult athletes." Journal of Cannabis Research 1.1 (2019): 1-8.
- Zeiger, Joanna S., et al. "Attitudes about cannabis mediate the relationship between cannabis knowledge and use in active adult athletes." Journal of Cannabis Research 2 (2020): 1-13.
Choose CBD for Athletes now
Tags: best rated cbd oil, cbd for rls, cbd oil for arthritis pain, cbd oil for cats with kidney disease, cannabidiol and ptsd, what is cbd tincture, cbd oil and covid, cbd oil for menstrual cramps reviews, best cbd gummies for kids with anxiety, best cbd oil for hair loss