Best CBD for Tourette’s
Tourette Syndrome, also commonly called Tourette’s Disorder, is one of three types of tic disorders. Tic disorders are characterized by involuntary movements and vocalizations (“tics”), and a tic disorder is diagnosed as one of the three types according to the type of tics present and the length of time they have been present. Tourette’s involves at least two motor tics and one vocal tic that occur for more than one year. Both motor and vocal tics can range from being very mild and not noticeable, such as blinking or sniffing, to being large and disruptive, such as jumping or shouting.
Around ten percent of people with Tourette’s experience complex vocal tics such as swear words. Most Tourette’s cases involve mild tics and are easy to manage, but it can become more complicated as the complexity and scale of the tics increases. When tics interfere with an individual’s normal social functioning, such as at school or work, they may seek treatment or therapy. It’s preferred to use a treatment that does not cause side effects or is unlikely to cause side effects. Speech therapy and behavior modification therapy are two such available treatments, and some medications are also available. However, since these medications pose a risk of some undesirable side effects, many people have become interested in CBD as an alternative.
Safety of Using
Using CBD for Tourette’s is very unlikely to cause any side effects, and the treatment has been studied for more than forty years with very positive results. If CBD appeals to you as a potential treatment for you or a loved one with Tourette’s, discuss this option with your doctor and use our list of the ten best products as a reference to find high-quality CBD.
How does CBD treat Tourette’s?
People who use CBD for Tourette’s experience a few main benefits that can greatly improve their quality of life and ability to function socially.
- Reduced frequency and severity of tics - The most obvious reason to use CBD for Tourette’s is to treat and reduce tics. Both motor and vocal tics can be reduced by using CBD, but the reduction of motor tics seems to be more significant. The greatest reduction is in the frequency of the tics, but the severity or “violence” of the tics may also be reduced. While the reason for this effect is not understood, it is well documented that it does happen, and some individuals even have tics disappear when they use CBD.
- Improved sleep - Tourette’s often interferes with a person’s quality of sleep, particularly if they experience severe tics during the night. CBD can improve the sleep of Tourette’s patients both by reducing tics and by making it easier to relax and sleep well. In fact, the use of CBD for sleep is common even among people without medical conditions.
- Reduced OCD tendencies - Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) often occurs alongside Tourette’s. The compulsions and intrusive thoughts that are characteristic of many OCD cases can be improved with the use of CBD, which has a positive effect on mental health in general.
- Improved emotional and mental state - People with Tourette’s, especially children with Tourette’s, often feel sudden anger or experience outbursts of aggression. CBD is, for many people, very soothing and helps to regulate mood. The aggression that occurs in Tourette’s can be greatly improved with CBD treatment.
How to use?
The type of CBD that should be used for Tourette’s depends on the patient’s:
- Age - The laws regarding cannabis use in minors are often different from those for adults, so depending on the age of the patient and the location you live in, there may be different restrictions. Adults may choose to use CBD products that also include THC, for example, which is often not an option for minors.
- Symptoms - The dosage may depend on the size of the individual as well as the severity of symptoms. Minor tics may disappear with a lower dose of CBD than what is required for more severe tics.
- Personal preferences - CBD oil, edibles, and vape are three common types of CBD products. They all take different amounts of time to take effect, last for different amounts of time, and give a different experience. People who dislike the taste of cannabis may prefer to avoid CBD oil, for example, which takes effect quickly but is used by placing it directly in the mouth. Edibles may be best for improving sleep, as they tend to have the longest-lasting effects.
What do you need to consider when buying CBD for Tourette’s?
Your CBD treatment for Tourette’s should be personalized to your tics and your experience, so there are some factors to consider to make the treatment safe for you.
- Quality: In the United States, cannabis products are not regulated by the FDA, so there is no guarantee of the quality or even of the accuracy of the label. Third-party companies can perform testing to verify that a product is high-quality and free from contaminants. Choose a product from our top ten list or another tested product to ensure that it is safe to use.
- Type of cannabis: If you are an adult in an area that allows the use of THC, you may consider full-spectrum CBD products, which contain enough THC to have a psychoactive effect. Some people simply enjoy this effect, and some believe that cannabis compounds are more effective when used together, so THC and CBD may work best as a pair.
- Legality: Finally, you should consider the cannabis regulation laws in your area. CBD is legal in most states, but not all, and some countries around the world also do not allow its use. Make sure you know the laws that apply to you before buying any CBD products.
Tourette’s is a condition that can affect the social function, sleep, and emotional state of those affected by it to a severe degree. Natural and safe treatment like CBD can offer relief from symptoms and improve the lives of patients. It reduces tics, improves sleep quality, and improves emotional state in many people who use it. Before starting CBD for Tourette’s, discuss the treatment with your doctor. They will be able to advise you on any potential interactions with other medications or conditions. When you have a safe treatment, plan laid out, use our list of the best products to find an effective, high-quality option.
Tags: best time to take cbd oil, cbd lotions, cbd face cream, broad spectrum cbd vape, cbd spray oil, best cbd oil for dogs anxiety, cbd oil for eczema in adults, cbd dosage for cats, top cbd products, treating copd with cannabis