These days, you can get CBD in just about every product imaginable, including oral care products like toothpaste! With CBD tinctures, edibles, and topical creams being researched to find new benefits, it’s no surprise that health benefits have been found in CBD toothpaste. Our list of the top ten best CBD toothpastes below can help you to find a highly-rated product to try out. Then check out the rest of this article to understand how CBD toothpaste works and what makes it so popular.
What is CBD Toothpaste?
CBD toothpaste normally contains the same ingredients as regular toothpaste, with a few adjustments. Because people who look for natural treatments like CBD are also more likely than the average person to care about products being organic, the toothpaste ingredients may be organic or more “natural” than those in conventional toothpaste. The other difference, of course, is that there is some form of CBD in the toothpaste.
There are a few different types of CBD available, and there are toothpastes made with each type. It’s important to understand the difference between them so that you can know exactly what you’re buying.
- CBD isolate - Toothpaste made with this form of CBD has only cannabidiol (CBD) added. There are no other cannabinoids or other compounds found in the cannabis plant.
- Broad-spectrum CBD - CBD toothpaste made with broad-spectrum CBD has many of the cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes found in cannabis, but no THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD - This type of CBD, and toothpaste made with it, contains all of the important compounds found in the cannabis plant, including THC.
Broad- and full-spectrum products are popular because many people believe that there is an “entourage effect” which makes CBD more effective when used in combination with other cannabis compounds. Some people may also enjoy the effect of the small amount of THC found in full-spectrum products.
CBD toothpaste can improve your oral health through both prevention and treatment of common oral health problems. Some of the ways it can benefit your health include:
- Anti-inflammatory effect - CBD is very effective at relieving inflammation. If you have pain or inflammation in your gums, CBD toothpaste may be one way to relieve this problem.
- Antibacterial and antifungal effect - While not understood as well as the previous effect, there is evidence for antibacterial and antifungal properties of CBD. This can help to maintain the balance of “good bacteria” in your mouth and prevent oral hygiene problems.
- Ulcer and wound healing - So far, this effect has only been confirmed in animal studies, but it could be very useful if it translates to humans. CBD has been found to promote the healing process in oral ulcers and wounds in rats. Oral wounds can be very painful and slow to heal, as we cannot avoid using our mouths in order to leave them alone, so the use of CBD toothpaste to speed wound repair would be significant.
Importance of Oral Care
It’s important to take care of your health in all areas, but oral health is one aspect that people often fail to understand the gravity of. Much like CBD can have a positive impact on all areas of the body, poor oral hygiene can have a negative impact on all areas of the body.
Of course, the most obvious problem that comes from neglecting your teeth is the deterioration of teeth and gums. It’s a cliche that children fear cavities, but everyone should really be afraid of letting their teeth deteriorate unnaturally quickly. This can lead to gum diseases, tooth loss, and even a myriad of issues beyond the teeth and gums. People who do not take care of their teeth are at a higher risk for heart disease, diabetes, respiratory infections, infertility, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and many other health complications. It’s much better to prevent these problems than to treat them, so good oral hygiene is critical for overall health. CBD toothpaste offers one more thing you can add to your oral hygiene routine to ensure good health.
What to Consider When Buying CBD Toothpaste
When you start shopping for CBD toothpaste, one of the first things you’ll want to think about is which type of CBD you are interested in using. CBD products with a THC content above 0.3% are legal in fewer areas than CBD products without THC, so it’s important to know the laws in your area before deciding on a full-spectrum product. If THC is not legal for you, or if you aren’t interested in its effects, you may want to find a CBD isolate or broad-spectrum CBD toothpaste, instead. Another important factor to consider is the quality, as the FDA does not regulate or guarantee the quality of cannabis products.
You can check for third-party test results to verify that a product is what it claims to be before buying it. Our list of the best CBD toothpastes is a good place to start looking for a high-quality option. And finally, you should always consult with your doctor before starting to use any CBD products. Side effects from CBD use are very rare, but it can have interactions with some medications and health conditions.
CBD toothpaste may be a useful addition to your oral care routine, as it might prevent or help to treat some oral health problems. Always discuss CBD with your doctor before use, and choose a highly-rated product like those on our top ten list to ensure you’re getting something of good quality.
Tags: best rated cbd oil, cbd syrup effects, cannabis nasal spray, cbd oil tea, cbd hemp oil colorado, cbd oil hayden idaho, history of cbd, health benefits of cbd soap, can you buy cbd in kansas, cbd oil benefits list