Is CBD Oil for Allergies Effective? Find Out!
CBD or cannabidiol is being researched for a range of different uses, which include everything from anxiety-induced conditions to neurological disorders. Beyond CBD’s potential for offering relief for severe issues, it is also best known for being used as aids for smaller health concerns like increasing happiness, eradicating stress, improving mood, decreasing inflammation, and relieving insomnia. What’s more, CBD can also help people deal with those nagging seasonal allergies that refuse to go away.
Have you ever dealt with allergies? If so, you would know how difficult allergies can make your life. It can make your eyes watery and itchy, and that uncontrollable runny nose, coughing, or constant sneezing can truly make life difficult. Fortunately, CBD might be able to help you with that.
Let us take an in-depth look into how you can use CBD for allergies.
Allergies – Causes, Symptoms, and Potential Risks
Allergies are a negative response of your immune system to substances that are foreign to your body. They are caused by an overactive immune system.
Causes of allergies
Some of the common environmental allergens are:
- Dust mites and pet dander;
- Mold and pollen;
- Cigarette smoke;
- Certain proteins in food.
In most cases, the symptoms deteriorate during certain seasons like spring. During spring, trees and flowers start to produce pollen when they’re blooming and these are termed seasonal allergies.
Another type of allergy that people experience is associated with food. Some people experience allergic reactions to certain types of food. In this case, the body’s immune system recognizes neutral proteins as enemies and makes an attempt to fight them. Quite similar to seasonal allergies, the symptoms may include coughing, inflammation, redness, and itching.
Symptoms of allergies
A hyperactive immune system starts to release various chemicals like histamine and other compounds. These compounds trigger the allergy symptoms that are experienced by most people. The symptoms of allergies are:
- Coughing and sneezing;
- Nasal congestion and runny nose.
People with asthma require medical attention as allergy symptoms lead to worsening their breathing. Also, food allergies can be quite deadly as it can send your body to anaphylactic shock. If immediate help is not received, a person may suffocate and it can be fatal.
Severe allergies can be fatal. It can also make many chronic conditions more severe for the sufferer, such as eczema, COPD, rhinitis, asthma, and autoimmune disease. While there are quite a few over-the-counter medications available on the market for common allergies, research suggests that CBD for allergies is a much safer and more effective option.
How Does CBD Oil Help With Allergies?
The body is encouraged to produce more cannabinoids by CBD oil. Also, CBD helps the body in maintaining optimal levels of cannabinoids. These cannabinoids help in influencing an extensive range of biological functions including the body’s immune response.
CBD oil can help your body deal with allergies in the following ways:
- CBD oil helps to strengthen the immune system – Allergic reactions are not something that happens out of the blue. They typically develop after your immune system has been exposed to allergens for several months or years. If your immune system is healthy, you are less likely to act out to eradicate the falsely detected enemies or irritants. When you take CBD oil for allergies, you are stimulating the endocannabinoid system in your body to enhance the functioning of your immune system. CBD is capable of interacting with the immune cells in your body through the cannabinoid receptors and this will result in strengthening your immune system.
- CBD is an antimicrobial agent – Are you prone to infections? If so, you might be living in an environment that is filled with allergens. Terpenes and CBD in full-spectrum CBD oil are well-known for having antimicrobial properties, and therefore, CBD oil can be used to combat allergies and prevent allergic reactions. This is particularly possible because CBD oil helps in aiding your body in fighting off the infection instead of simply attempting to get rid of falsely identified enemies.
- CBD oil has amazing anti-inflammatory properties – Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD oil is widely popular. The main cause of allergy is inflammation and this contributes to aches, puffiness, and soreness that you might be experiencing during allergy season. CBD for allergies address inflammation and this results in reducing discomfort.
- CBD helps in reducing stress – Both seasonal and food allergies can be quite annoying. It can be mentally and physically stressful. If your body or mind is under an increased amount of stress, your allergy symptoms can worsen. Marijuana helps allergies by reducing your stress.
If you were wondering can CBD help with allergies, this is how it can help you. To know more, check out our reviews and also find a list of the top 10 CBD oil that you can use for allergies.
For Seasonal and Food Allergies
Take a look at how CBD oil helps with different types of allergies.
A lot of people are using CBD for seasonal allergies because CBD helps in eliminating the side-effects of allergies caused due to seasonal allergens. Full-spectrum CBD oil is known to reduce pressure in the nasal cavities by opening up sinuses. It helps to prevent congestion. Inflammation in the sinuses and throats is caused due to seasonal allergies and it might make it difficult for you to talk, drink, eat, and breathe without irritation. As per studies, taking CBD oil might help in reducing the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
Food allergies can be avoided if you stop consuming the items that cause an allergic reaction. But, if you accidentally happen to consume the food items that you are allergic to, you might experience hives, tingling in the mouth, and swelling of the lips. You may even experience itching and shortness of breath. However, you mustn’t take food allergies lightly because it might lead to anaphylaxis. This is a condition that is life-threatening and it can rapidly progress. If you do experience anaphylaxis, you will require immediate medical attention.
However, for regular food allergic reactions like inflammation, swelling in the throat, itching, and headaches, you can use CBD oil for food allergies. Since CBD oil has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties, it can tackle your allergic symptoms and also promote a healthier immune system. Moreover, CBD helps to mitigate pain signals and also reduces physical discomfort.
How to Use CBD Oil?
If you are thinking of trying out the cannabis allergy treatment, including CBD oil as a part of your daily self-care routine. There are a few different forms of CBD that you can use to combat allergies.
- CBD oil – This is the most versatile and common way of consuming CBD. It contains hemp extract that is suspended in a carrier oil for higher absorption and easier dosing. You can use a dropper to draw out your preferred amount of CBD oil and place it under your tongue for about 1 minute before swallowing.
- CBD capsules – If you do not like the flavor of CBD oil, you can try CBD capsules. These capsules contain a pre-meditated CBD dosage per serving. CBD oil capsules can be taken anywhere and there’s no hassle of measuring the dose.
- CBD edibles – Gummies and other CBD products are becoming extremely popular because they’re easy to consume and are available in myriad flavors. These edibles come in various sizes, shapes, flavors, and formulas.
- CBD vapes – If you need fast relief from your allergies, vaping CBD would be up your alley. Simply load your vape pen with CBD e-liquid and puff it when you need it.
- CBD topicals – CBD topicals are good for treating visible symptoms of allergies like swelling, redness, and skin irritation. You have to apply it directly onto the affected body part and gently massage it so that it is quickly absorbed in your skin.
What Dosage of Should You Use?
If you want to use CBD for your allergies, you are recommended to use it as a part of your daily routine. Think of CBD oil as a preventive measure because this isn’t a cure for your allergies. It can only help to alleviate the symptoms of your allergies and provide you relief.
As for the recommended CBD dosage, you need to start slow. See how your body reacts to CBD and you can increase the dosage accordingly.
So, now that you have an understanding of how you can use CBD for your allergies, it is important to remember that CBD oil is not a cure. CBD helps in reducing or may even prevent the symptoms that are associated with allergies. As the available information regarding the use of CBD for allergies is still scarce, we recommend that you consult a healthcare professional before you start consuming CBD oil. This is particularly needed if you are already taking supplements or some kind of medication for allergies or other health conditions.
Take a look at our top 10 list of the best CBD oil for allergies and choose the one that is right for you.
- Baron, Eric P., et al. "Patterns of medicinal cannabis use, strain analysis, and substitution effect among patients with migraine, headache, arthritis, and chronic pain in a medicinal cannabis cohort." The journal of headache and pain 19.1 (2018): 1-28.
- Baron, Eric P. "Comprehensive review of medicinal marijuana, cannabinoids, and therapeutic implications in medicine and headache: what a long strange trip it's been…." Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 55.6 (2015): 885-916.
- Cuttler, Carrie, et al. "Short-and long-term effects of cannabis on headache and migraine." The Journal of Pain 21.5-6 (2020): 722-730.
- Splinter, William. "Novel approaches for treating pain in children." Current oncology reports 21.2 (2019): 11.
- Lochte, Bryson C., et al. "The use of cannabis for headache disorders." Cannabis and cannabinoid research 2.1 (2017): 61-71.
Tags: best time of day to take cbd oil, cbd for acne problems, does cbd oil help copd, cbd infused k cups, best rated full spectrum cbd, cbd anti inflammatory, cbd treats for dogs anxiety, how to use cbd oil for parkinson's, cbd wine, top cbd drinks