CBD for COVID-19
COVID-19 has devastated the lives of many people around the world and is continuing to do so. While many countries are undergoing mass vaccination, no one can guarantee how long they will be effective for.
This means many people are at risk of getting a variation of symptoms such as a fever, dry cough, tiredness, headache, sore throat, anxiety, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, chest pain, difficulty breathing, and shortness of breath.
The truth is, you can't predict when you're going to have these symptoms, and to help ease them, it's best you have a preventative measure in place. One preventative is CBD oil for COVID; it's portable and contains THC inside the oil, which can have therapeutic effects easing such symptoms.
If you feel like you have such symptoms or want to be prepared in case you do get them, check out our reviews table of the best CBD oil for COVID.
CBD as an Option to Treat COVID-19 Symptoms
Several studies show that CBD in oral form can help lower or modulate ACE2 levels in high-risk tissues affected by COVID-19. ACE2 is an enzyme attached to cell membranes in your gallbladder, heart, intestines, kidney, and testis.
Research indicated that when you have COVID, your ACE2 levels increase, making it difficult for your lungs to function. Therefore, it's been shown that CBD can help aid your lung function if you have this disease. In addition to this, it can also help with the other symptoms such as:
- Cough: We cough naturally to expel germs from our airways; however, sometimes coughing can strain our throat and cause us to cough more. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory effects, potentially reducing the inflammation of your airways, allowing your muscles to relax, and reduce the amount of coughing.
- Fever: CBD oil has anti-viral properties and works to suppress the immune system lowering the temperature caused by a fever.
- Tiredness: CBD for covid helps with your fatigue levels by changing how a neurotransmitter known as serotonin responds in your brain. Adequate serotonin levels allow you to stay focused and alert, reducing the likelihood of you being lethargic.
- Headaches: Research shows that CBD oil can help ease neurological pain making migraines and headaches less intense and more bearable.
- Anxiety: CBD oil binds to the neurotransmitter serotonin and activates it, contributes to a mood boost, and creates a calming and relaxing sensation.
How to Choose CBD for Coronavirus
Before going out and buying CBD oil, you will want to think about the following before buying:
- Type of hemp: Among the different types of CBD oil that exist on the market, those made from organic hemp from the USA tend to be the best. The reason being is that not all countries follow the same hemp growing practices and are subject to different laws and standards. Because of the strict regulations, you should try to stick to brands that use USA-sourced hemp.
- Extraction method: CBD can be extracted in multiple ways; however, the best method is using carbon dioxide. This is a safe and clean process, and you're not getting anything additional in the oil. Any other process may cause risky if not dangerous solvents and chemicals in CBD oil.
- Type of CBD oil: CBD oil comes in three types. There are full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate. Full-spectrum oils have less than 0.3% THC and contain cannabinoid compounds, terpenes, and phytonutrients. Whereas broad-spectrum does not have any THC, and CBD isolates have 100% pure CBD but nothing else.
- Third-party lab testing: You should always look for a CBD oil that has had testing done by an independent third-party laboratory. These tests show brand transparency as they look for their purity, potency, and quality. Plus, third-party labs provide brands with certified results allowing you to review them on the CBD oil company's website.
- Oil potency: When buying CBD oils, you will find many brands that have different oil strengths and potencies. The stronger they are, the more likely they can help ease difficult health issues, and the weaker ones tend to work best for acute symptoms.
- Price: You should always take into account the cost of CBD oil before buying. The price can help dictate what you choose. Always look at the brand and reviews in addition to the price to know if you're getting your money's worth.
How to use CBD oil properly
There are many ways to take CBD oil, but applying it underneath your tongue is the most common method. Before applying it to your tongue, you should always read the instructions and labels to give you an idea of how many drops to spray and how many times a day you should use it.
If you dislike the taste of applying the drops directly to your tongue, you can also mix CBD oil into your smoothie, juice, coffee, or tea. You can also get CBD oil in capsule form, making it easy for you to swallow and can take up to 30 minutes for the desired effect to happen. It also comes in topical ointments such as a skin balm applied to muscles or your joints.
Ultimately, before using any CBD product, you should always consult your doctor first. When you do this, make sure you inform your doctor about your medical history and any medications you're taking. It's important to do this as CBD can interact with certain medications like antibiotics, blood thinners, antidepressants, and more.
Side effects and possible risks of taking CBD products
CBD oil is safe to take up to 200mg a day for 13 weeks when taken by mouth. However, you should always seek advice and guidance from your healthcare provider first before doing so.
It's also important to note that it can also have the following side effects such as:
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
- Weight loss
- Low blood pressure
If you experience any of these, stop taking the CBD oil immediately and inform your doctor!
Be careful and consult a physician first if you have any of the following conditions or are:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding: CBD oil can contain other contaminated ingredients and be passed down to your fetus or child, which could be harmful.
- Children: CBD oil should not be given to children under 1 year of age; if they are older, you should speak to a doctor first for a prescription-based oil.
- Liver disease: If you suffer from liver disease, you will want to use a lower dose of CBD.
- Parkinson’s disease: Research indicates that those who suffer from Parkinson's may experience increased tremors and stronger muscle movements.
CBD oils can change many people's lives and certainly contribute to easing the symptoms of COVID-19. For instance, they have anti-inflammatory properties which can relieve an inflamed throat and reduce the frequency of coughing. Similarly, they can help neurotransmitters like serotonin be more reactive, making you feel less fatigued and more alert. CBD oil has also been shown to help boost mood, reduce anxiety, and have cancer-fighting properties. The benefits of CBD oil are vast, and they're changing the lives of many others around the world.
Whether in oral or topical form, it has the potential to change your life also. However, before you take it, you should always consult the advice of a physician first and make them aware of your medical history, allergies, and current medication you're taking.
- Khalsa, Jag H., et al. "COVID-19 and cannabidiol (CBD)." Journal of Addiction Medicine 15.5 (2021): 355.
- Maggirwar, Sanjay B., and Jag H. Khalsa. "The Link between Cannabis Use, Immune System, and Viral Infections." Viruses 13.6 (2021): 1099.
- Malinowska, Barbara, et al. "Opportunities, Challenges and Pitfalls of Using Cannabidiol as an Adjuvant Drug in COVID-19." International journal of molecular sciences 22.4 (2021): 1986.
- Esposito, Giuseppe, Marcella Pesce, Luisa Seguella, Walter Sanseverino, Jie Lu, Chiara Corpetti, and Giovanni Sarnelli. "The potential of cannabidiol in the COVID‐19 pandemic." British journal of pharmacology 177, no. 21 (2020): 4967-4970.
- Khalsa, Jag H., Greg Bunt, Sanjay B. Maggirwar, and Shyam Kottilil. "COVID-19 and cannabidiol (CBD)." Journal of Addiction Medicine 15, no. 5 (2021): 355.
- Fatani, Tarah H. "Student satisfaction with videoconferencing teaching quality during the COVID-19 pandemic." BMC Medical Education 20, no. 1 (2020): 1-8.
Tags: best thc free cbd oil, benefits of cbd oil, what does cbd soap do, top 10 full spectrum cbd capsules, cbd distillation, cbd for tinnitus, cbd oil for perimenopause, cbd oil for bipolar, cbd dosage for ptsd, cbd good for asthma